Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
22 March 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- China's anti-virus model urged as global solution by Chinese experts as confirmed COVID-19 cases expected to hit 1 million Global Times 22 Mar 2020 -- As country after country of different development status, political systems and societal values fail to come up with a sound plan to stem the coronavirus pandemic, Chinese analysts on Sunday called on countries to put aside their political differences and swiftly and resolutely adopt China's model, which they believe the "only" proven successful model so far that could be replicated to halt the virus once and for all, so as to save millions of lives.
- Time for China to help US fight against pandemic Global Times 22 Mar 2020 -- As the number of coronavirus infections spirals out of control in the US, observers and analysts believe it is time for China to consider lending a hand to hard-hit US states in fighting against the deadly coronavirus based on humanitarian grounds despite Washington's escalating xenophobic slurs and hostility toward Beijing by repeatedly calling the novel coronavirus the "Chinese virus."
- COVID-19 may reach another peak next spring: Chinese expert Global Times 22 Mar 2020 -- The COVID-19 pandemic may reach a peak next spring after receding this summer; and it is expected to "travel" back and forth from the Southern and Northern hemispheres for the next one or two years, a top Chinese expert on infectious diseases said.
- Beijing strengths nucleic acid testing of coronavirus at border entry Global Times 22 Mar 2020 -- The Beijing municipal government has required strengthened nucleic acid testing (NAT) of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) for people arriving in the city from other countries.
- Four types of people must test for COVID-19 before entering Beijing: authority Global Times 22 Mar 2020 -- The Beijing municipal government is further strengthening measures to prevent imported cases, stipulating that four types of people must take the nucleic acid test before entry: those with COVID-19 symptoms, those with an epidemiological history, those showing signs of infection, and those who have necessity to test.
- Mainland's only new local patient infected by imported case leads to vigilance over a second outbreak: expert Global Times 22 Mar 2020 -- The only new local COVID-19 infection in the Chinese mainland on Saturday was confirmed in South China's Guangdong Province, a person who was infected by someone traveling from overseas, the first of its kind in the mainland, reminding cities to raise their vigilance over imported cases to prevent a second wave of infections.
- Chinese medical experts share COVID-19 treatment experience with peers abroad Global Times 22 Mar 2020 -- Chinese experts in traditional Chinese and western medicines have shared their experience via video call in treating COVID-19 patients with peers from Italy, the United States, Belgium, Japan and the World Health Organization.
- Wuhan govt dismisses rumors saying city has over 100 new COVID-19 cases Global Times 22 Mar 2020 -- Wuhan, the capital city of Central China's Hubei Province, which has not seen new confirmed cases of COVID19 for four consecutive days, dismissed rumors on early Sunday that the city had newly confirmed cases.
- Guangdong reports first indigenous COVID-19 case infected by imported patient Global Times 22 Mar 2020 -- South China's Guangdong on Sunday reported the province's first indigenous case of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) infected by a patient recently returned from overseas.
- 46 new confirmed COVID-19 cases reported on Chinese mainland People's Daily 22 Mar 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Sunday it received reports of 46 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland on Saturday, of which 45 were imported from abroad.
- China's Wuhan reports zero increase in COVID-19 cases for 4th day People's Daily 22 Mar 2020 -- No new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported Saturday in Wuhan, marking the fourth day in a row of zero report at the epicenter of the epidemic in a months-long battle with the deadly virus.
- China Reports 46 Novel Coronavirus Infections, 6 Deaths SPA 22 Mar 2020 -- China has reported 46 novel coronavirus infections and 6 new deaths over the past day.
- Chinese medics arrive in Serbia to fight COVID-19 PLA Daily 22 Mar 2020 -- A team of Chinese medical staff with experience in fighting COVID-19 arrived in the Serbian capital on Saturday evening to help with the Balkan state's battle against the virus.
- Combined arms battalion becomes basic combat unit of PLA Global Times 22 Mar 2020 -- The powerful combined arms battalion, each one including almost all types of basic military arms and professions, has now become a basic combat unit of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA), enabling the service to react much more quickly in the fast-paced dynamic of modern warfare, gaining more advantages, experts said on Sunday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list