Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
20 March 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Geng Shuang's Regular Press Conference on March 20, 2020 PRC MofA 20 Mar 2020
- South Korea, China and Japan Share Pandemic Information VOA 20 Mar 2020 -- South Korea, China and Japan are sharing information on the coronavirus pandemic and exploring how to prevent the disease from spreading further while maintaining economic and social exchanges.
- No New COVID-19 Cases in Wuhan Provides Hope for World - WHO Chief Sputnik 20 Mar 2020 -- The fact Wuhan has not recorded any new cases of COVID-19 for the first time since the outbreak began gives hope to the rest of the world, World Health Organisation (WHO) Chief Tedros Adhanom Gebreyesus said Friday.
- No Cases of Internal COVID-19 Transmission Registered in China in 24 Hours, 39 Imported Cases Added Sputnik 20 Mar 2020 -- The new coronavirus disease was first identified in China's Wuhan and has rapidly spread to more than 160 countries, according to the latest data provided by John Hopkins University.
- No new cases in Hubei; 34 added nationally, all imported People's Daily 20 Mar 2020 -- Zero new case of COVID-19 was in Hubei for the second day, and 39 added across Chinese mainland were all imported from oversea, according to data released by the National Health Commission on early Friday.
- China calls for targeted measures to curb cross-border COVID-19 transmission People's Daily 20 Mar 2020 -- Chinese authorities on Thursday required targeted measures to curb cross-border transmission of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), and proactively promote work resumption in an orderly manner.
- China's zero increase in coronavirus infection a positive sign for world People's Daily 20 Mar 2020 -- China's report of no new local infections of the novel coronavirus in the mainland for the first time is a positive sign amid the news of sharply increasing infections worldwide.
- China's Tianjin reports its first imported COVID-19 case People's Daily 20 Mar 2020 -- North China's Tianjin Municipality reported the city's first confirmed imported case of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Friday.
- Beijing reports 6 imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 20 Mar 2020 -- Beijing reported six newly confirmed cases of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from the United Kingdom Thursday, the municipal health commission said Friday.
- China's Wuhan reports zero increase in COVID-19 cases for 2 days People's Daily 20 Mar 2020 -- No new infections or suspected cases of the novel coronavirus were reported on Thursday in Wuhan, marking two days in a row of zero report at the epicenter of the epidemic in a months-long battle with the deadly virus.
- Shanghai reports 8 imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 20 Mar 2020 -- Shanghai reported eight newly confirmed cases of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from other countries Thursday, the local health authority said Friday.
- China rejects US accusation of acting inadequately when outbreak began Press TV 20 Mar 2020 -- China has rejected an accusation by US President Donald Trump that it acted inadequately when its outbreak of the new coronavirus began in December last year.
- Trump blames China again for coronavirus pandemic Press TV 20 Mar 2020 -- US President Donald Trump has blamed China again for the global coronavirus pandemic, also known as COVID-19, using the term "Chinese virus" again despite growing criticism that it is racist and anti-Chinese.
- China Exonerates Late Whistleblowing Doctor Li Wenliang Radio Free Asia 20 Mar 2020 -- China has exonerated late whistleblowing doctor Li Wenliang, who was hauled in for questioning by police, who accused him of "spreading rumors" when he tried to alert the authorities about the emerging coronavirus epidemic in the central city of Wuhan.
- Research stations established in South China Sea PLA Daily 20 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese Academy of Sciences has established two research stations on Yongshu and Zhubi islands in the South China Sea to allow scientists to live and conduct field studies on ecology, geology and environment.
- Combined arms battalion becomes PLA Army's basic deployable unit PLA Daily 20 Mar 2020 -- Recently, a PLA Army brigade conducted an offensive exercise by a combined arms battalion in the south of Fujian Province. Wu Min, commander of the 3rd combined arms battalion, together with the other four staff officers, mapped out ad hoc combat scheme on-site. They proposed various striking methods correspondingly to different battlefield targets and coordinated over 10 different arms units to launch rapid and fierce attacks against mock enemy positions.
- China-made military aircraft FTC-2000G makes key progress PLA Daily 20 Mar 2020 -- According to domestic news reports, recently, Guizhou Aviation Industry Corporation (GAIC) under the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) recently launched a massive internal campaign for high-quality FTC-2000G multi-role aircraft. Comprehensive schemes for the development and production work of the FTC-2000G aircraft were formulated in details, in a bid to improve scientific research and production in an all-round manner and deliver high-quality aircraft to the users.
- China Stalls Gas Imports as Demand Slides Radio Free Asia 20 Mar 2020 -- Frictions are rising between China and its energy suppliers as the world's leading importer tries to cancel natural gas deliveries due to slumping demand.
- Probe findings on Li Wenliang mark start of reflection, holding accountability Global Times 20 Mar 2020 -- Wuhan police on Thursday revoked a reprimand order against Li Wenliang, the "whistleblower" doctor in Wuhan who died from COVID-19, and two police officers involved in handling Li's case were punished for dereliction of duty, following recommendations of a closely-watched investigation by China's top supervisory body.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list