Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
19 March 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Geng Shuang's Regular Press Conference on March 19, 2020 PRC MofA 19 Mar 2020
- Taiwanese Air Force Intercepts PLA Jets in Nighttime Drill Over International Waters Sputnik 19 Mar 2020 -- Jets from Taiwan's air force recently rushed to intercept Chinese People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF) fighters flying over international waters in the Taiwan Strait.
- World Depends on China for Face Masks But Can Country Deliver? VOA 19 Mar 2020 -- Phones have been ringing off the hook lately for Brian Edwards, a sales manager of a small medical supply company in California. And he has to say "No" to all the people who called.
- Authorities in Tibetan Capital Lhasa Arrest 10 for Breaching Coronavirus Protocol Radio Free Asia 19 Mar 2020 -- Authorities in the Tibet Autonomous Region's capital Lhasa have arrested 10 people for violating government rules meant to prevent the spread of COVID-19, but critics say the charges are merely a guise for politically motivated harassment detentions.
- Probe report on 'whistleblower' Li Wenliang reveals warning process in early stage of epidemic in Wuhan Global Times 19 Mar 2020 -- The report released by China's top supervisory body on Thursday about the matter related to the death of Li Wenliang, the "whistleblower" doctor from Wuhan after a 42-day investigation has revealed the initial warning process in the early stage of combating the coronavirus outbreak in the city.
- Beijing cuts infection channels from abroad Global Times 19 Mar 2020 -- With more than 200,000 infections across the globe, Beijing, as a hotspot for international communications and the political center of China, is threatened by the spike of COVID-19 cases from overseas, leading the municipal government to further tighten management measures for overseas personnel entering Beijing starting from Thursday.
- No new local infection reported in the Chinese mainland as of March 18 Global Times 19 Mar 2020 -- After two months of arduous efforts, it seems that China finally welcomes a turning point in the fighting against the COVID-19 epidemic as no new confirmed cases were reported either from Central China's Hubei Province, the area hit hardest by the outbreak, or from other provinces of the mainland on Wednesday.
- Zero new confirmed cases reported in Hubei as of March 18 Global Times 19 Mar 2020 -- There have been no new confirmed cases in Central China's Hubei Province, the area hit hardest by the coronavirus, as of Wednesday. Meanwhile, no new local infections were reported within the Chinese mainland.
- Wuhan police urged to revoke virus 'whistleblower' Li Wenliang's reprimand order following probe Global Times 19 Mar 2020 -- China's top supervision body on Thursday urged police in Wuhan, Central China's Hubei Province, to revoke a reprimand order against Li Wenliang, the "whistleblower" doctor who died from COVID-19, for alleged rumormongering, after more than 40 days of an investigation.
- Top epidemiologist warns of blind spots in epidemic control in Wuhan Global Times 19 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese central government has called for attention to community epidemic prevention and control work in epidemic-stricken Hubei Province and its capital Wuhan despite apparent improvements in those places, while China's top e
- China's Wuhan marks no new coronavirus case, success of strict measures People's Daily 19 Mar 2020 -- No new infections of the novel coronavirus were reported on Wednesday in Wuhan, the epicenter of the epidemic, marking a notable first in the city's months-long battle with the deadly virus and sending a message of hope to the world gripped by the pandemic.
- Beijing reports 21 imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 19 Mar 2020 -- Beijing reported 21 newly confirmed cases of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from other countries Wednesday, the municipal health commission said Thursday.
- Hong Kong reports 14 confirmed COVID-19 cases, mostly imported infections People's Daily 19 Mar 2020 -- A total of 14 people were diagnosed with COVID-19 and another eight were preliminarily tested positive for novel coronavirus as of Wednesday noon, most of whom had overseas travel history, Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) said, reiterating warning about the remarkable increase of imported infections.
- Chinese mainland reports zero increase in domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 19 Mar 2020 -- No new domestically transmitted cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported on the Chinese mainland Wednesday, according to data from Chinese health authority Thursday.
- Wuhan's neighboring city Huanggang cleared of confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 19 Mar 2020 -- Huanggang, a neighboring city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus outbreak, discharged its last two COVID-19 patients Wednesday as confirmed cases were reduced to zero, local authorities said.
- New confirmed COVID-19 case in Wuhan from fever clinic People's Daily 19 Mar 2020 -- The sole newly confirmed case of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in central China's Wuhan on Tuesday was from a fever clinic, the city's health commission said.
- Xi calls for cooperation in virus fight People's Daily 19 Mar 2020 -- China will strengthen international cooperation on novel coronavirus epidemic control and continue to provide assistance within its ability to countries affected by the epidemic, Xi Jinping, general secretary of the Communist Party of China Central Committee, said on Wednesday.pidemiologist has warned of possible blind spots in communities as new confirmed cases keep popping up in community clinics.
- China reports zero local transmissions for 1st time, other countries struggling still Press TV 19 Mar 2020 -- China has for the first time reported no new locally transmitted cases of the new coronavirus at its epicenter since the country started recording infections in January.
- Hong Kong Expert Withdraws Article Blaming China For Coronavirus Radio Free Asia 19 Mar 2020 -- A top medical adviser in Hong Kong has withdrawn an article in which he said there was nothing wrong with calling the coronavirus the "Wuhan virus," a view that is anathema to the ruling Chinese Communist Party, which is waging a propaganda campaign to distance itself from the virus.
- China reports zero new cases in original coronavirus epicentre Hubei SPA 19 Mar 2020 -- China has reported no new cases of coronavirus in Hubei, the original epicentre of the outbreak, and zero locally transmitted cases across China over the past day, for the first time in the past eight weeks, according to dpa.
- Wuhan Reports No New Coronavirus Cases for First Time VOA 19 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese city at the center of the coronavirus pandemic reported for the first time Thursday that there were no new cases on Wednesday, while the death toll in Italy surpasses that in all of mainland China.
- Chinese major homemade aircraft conducts test flights despite epidemic People's Daily 19 Mar 2020 -- Major Chinese home-grown aircraft, including the C919 large passenger jet, AG600 large amphibious aircraft and Y-20 large transport aircraft, have managed to conduct test flights and operations despite the novel coronavirus epidemic.
- Chinese female pilot cadets conduct landing training with runway lighting system PLA Daily 19 Mar 2020 -- For the first time, the 11th batch of 11 female pilot cadets of the Chinese PLA Air Force carried out the night landing training with runway end identifier lights (REILs) at the airport of a training base under the PLA Air Force Aviation University on March 13, 2020.
- Tit-for-tat media spat decays ties Global Times 19 Mar 2020 -- China's latest measures against several US publications in the country have been billed as a tit-for-tat move against similar restrictions on Chinese media outlets in the US, but it also signals that Beijing has taken a more direct approach against Washington's constant ideological attacks and serves as a warning to anti-China forces in the US that their words and deeds will no longer go unanswered, Chinese sources and analysts said on Wednesday.
- China to firmly support its media to safeguard reputation, interests: Chinese FM Global Times 19 Mar 2020 -- China supports its media in safeguarding their reputation and interests, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Thursday, adding that China is forced to take relevant countermeasures against American media reporters in China, based on the principle of reciprocity.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list