Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
18 March 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Geng Shuang's Regular Press Conference on March 18, 2020 PRC MofA 18 Mar 2020
- China's JL-9 Mountain Eagle trainer jet to be modified for aircraft carrier operation: reports Global Times 18 Mar 2020 -- The naval version of the JL-9 Mountain Eagle trainer jet is being modified to enable it to train aircraft carrier jet pilots on an actual aircraft carrier at a time when China is in urgent need of training more aircraft carrier jet pilots, as its second carrier was just commissioned last year, reports said on Tuesday.
- China takes countermeasures against restrictive measures on Chinese media agencies in U.S. People's Daily 18 Mar 2020 -- China on Wednesday announced countermeasures against restrictive measures on Chinese media agencies in the United States, according to an official statement.
- China-Cambodia Golden Dragon 2020 joint exercise kicks off first phase PLA Daily 18 Mar 2020 -- The Golden Dragon 2020 China-Cambodia joint military exercise kicked off its first phase training from March 15, local time.
- Shenzhen enhances border screening in face of infection influx from Hong Kong Global Times 18 Mar 2020 -- South China's Shenzhen has enhanced border management amid increasing imported COVID-19 cases, as experts call for strengthened cooperation between Shenzhen and Hong Kong, two important gateway to China, in the face of the pandemic.
- Top epidemiologist warns of blind spots in epidemic control in Wuhan Global Times 18 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese central government has called for attention to community epidemic prevention and control work in epidemic-stricken Hubei Province and its capital Wuhan despite apparent improvements in those places, while China's top epidemiologist has warned of possible blind spots in communities as new confirmed cases keep popping up in community clinics.
- Wuhan's neighboring city Huanggang cleared of confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 18 Mar 2020 -- Huanggang, a neighboring city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus outbreak, discharged its last two COVID-19 patients Wednesday as confirmed cases were reduced to zero, local authorities said.
- Beijing reports 11 imported COVID-19 cases in half day People's Daily 18 Mar 2020 -- Beijing reported 11 newly confirmed cases of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from other countries in the first half of Wednesday, the Beijing Municipal Health Commission said.
- New confirmed COVID-19 case in Wuhan from fever clinic People's Daily 18 Mar 2020 -- The sole newly confirmed case of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in central China's Wuhan on Tuesday was from a fever clinic, the city's health commission said.
- 13 newly confirmed cases of coronavirus infection reported on Chinese mainland People's Daily 18 Mar 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Wednesday it received reports of 13 newly confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 11 deaths on the Chinese mainland Tuesday.
- China's Hubei cleared of suspected COVID-19 cases People's Daily 18 Mar 2020 -- Central China's Hubei Province reported zero new suspected case of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) for two consecutive days, the provincial health commission said Wednesday.
- 922 recovered COVID-19 patients discharged on Chinese mainland People's Daily 18 Mar 2020 -- A total of 922 patients of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were discharged from hospital Tuesday on the Chinese mainland, according to the National Health Commission.
- Chinese mainland reports 12 newly imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 18 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 12 newly imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Tuesday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 155, according to the National Health Commission.
- China's Hubei reports just 1 newly confirmed case of COVID-19 People's Daily 18 Mar 2020 -- Central China's Hubei Province reported just one new confirmed case of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and 11 deaths Tuesday, the provincial health commission said Wednesday.
- China reports only one new locally transmitted coronavirus infection SPA 18 Mar 2020 -- China has reported only one new locally transmitted coronavirus infection and 11 new deaths over the past day, dpa reported.
- China to expel US journalists in tit-for-tat move Press TV 18 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese government has announced plans to expel China-based American journalists with three major US newspapers in a tit-for-tat move after Washington's decision earlier this month to limit the number of Chinese journalists in the US.
- Outcry as 13 U.S. Journalists Face 'Imminent Banishment' From China Radio Free Asia 18 Mar 2020 -- China is getting ready to expel at least 13 U.S. news correspondents working in the country amid growing bilateral tensions with Washington over press freedom and visas for journalists.
- US-China Ties Further Tested After Journalists' Expulsion Amid COVID-19 Outbreak VOA 18 Mar 2020 -- The United States is pushing back on China's actions to expel American journalists, a move that officials and observers said "serves no good purpose" at a time when the world is dealing with the "extraordinary international uncertainty" about the spread of COVID-19.
- Shrugging Off COVID-19 Fears, China & Cambodia Hold Joint Military Drills VOA 18 Mar 2020 -- China and Cambodia bucked the global trend of event cancellations this week by starting joint military exercises as a way to show the world they're over the coronavirus outbreak and getting friendlier despite apprehension in other countries.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list