Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
12 March 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Briefing With Senior State Department Official On the PRC's Military-Civil Fusion Strategy US Dept. of State 12 Mar 2020
- Chinese drones see rapid production despite epidemic, indicating high demand Global Times 12 Mar 2020 -- Production of the CH-4, one of the top selling armed reconnaissance drones in the world developed by China, has now resumed as the novel coronavirus epidemic is being brought under control in the country. A workshop was seen full of drones being assembled, as analysts predicted on Thursday the CH-4 will see great demand in the international market in 2020.
- Peak of viral epidemic passes in China Global Times 12 Mar 2020 -- The National Health Commission (NHC) announced on Thursday that peak of the COVID-19 epidemic in China has passed, with numerous improving signals including the fact that the number of new cases in Wuhan, Central China's Hubei Province, declined to single digits for the first time.
- Hubei's new COVID-19 cases drop to single digit Global Times 12 Mar 2020 -- Central China's Hubei Province reported eight new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on Wednesday, local health commission said Thursday.
- Wuhan urges follow-up supervision for over 30,000 recovered patients People's Daily 12 Mar 2020 -- In Wuhan, capital of central China's Hubei Province and the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, more than 30,000 patients have been cured and discharged from hospital. In line with the country's latest diagnosis and treatment scheme, the discharged patients are suggested to undergo a further quarantine for 14 days.
- China says COVID-19 peak is over People's Daily 12 Mar 2020 -- The peak of the current outbreak of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in China is over, a government spokesperson said Thursday.
- China's Jiangxi lowers coronavirus response level People's Daily 12 Mar 2020 -- East China's Jiangxi Province downgraded its emergency response to the novel coronavirus outbreak from level I to level II starting Thursday, local authorities said.
- Beijing reports 5 new suspected cases of COVID-19 People's Daily 12 Mar 2020 -- Beijing on Wednesday reported five new suspected cases of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), four of which were imported, local health authorities said Thursday.
- China Shuts Down Everest Route, Shifts Focus to Overseas Pandemic Radio Free Asia 12 Mar 2020 -- China has shut down permits for Mt. Everest amid the coronavirus epidemic, as the ruling Chinese Communist Party's propaganda message focuses on 'imported cases' of COVID-19.
- With virus basically curbed, China pushes ahead battle against economic fallout People's Daily 12 Mar 2020 -- After securing an upper hand in its all-out confrontation with the novel coronavirus on home turf, China is warily repositioning itself to fight the economic fallouts of the outbreak already declared as a pandemic.
- Uyghur, Falun Gong Detainees Likely Source For China's Organ Market: Report Radio Free Asia 12 Mar 2020 -- Organs for sale on China's transplant market are most likely illegally sourced from ethnic Uyghur and Falun Gong practitioner prisoners of conscience, according to a new report by a Washington-based rights group.
- U.S. Congress Seeks Import Ban On China's Xinjiang Region Over Forced Labor RFE/RL 12 Mar 2020 -- A bipartisan U.S. Congressional commission has introduced legislation to ban imports from the northwestern Chinese region of Xinjiang, where lawmakers say mostly Muslim indigenous people are being forced to work against their will in detention centers and factories.
- Wuhan able to deal with all COVID-19 cases by end of March: leading epidemiologist Global Times 12 Mar 2020 -- China's Wuhan, the city with the most serious COVID-19 situation, could "clear all infected cases to zero" by the end of March, if all the work for epidemic prevention and control is implemented strictly and no emergencies happen such as infected people coming from overseas, said a leading epidemiologist based in Wuhan.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list