06 March 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Tibetans in Nepal Urged Not to Observe March 10 Uprising Anniversary Radio Free Asia 06 Mar 2020 -- The Tibetan Welfare Office in Nepal is urging Tibetan residents of the Himalayan country not to celebrate the March 10 anniversary of a 1959 Tibetan uprising against Chinese rule, saying Tibetans must follow local laws to avoid a crackdown by police.
- Mainland spokesperson considers U.S. House passage of Taiwan-related act "unreasonable" People's Daily 06 Mar 2020 -- A Chinese mainland spokesperson on Thursday slammed the so-called "Taiwan Allies International Protection and Enhancement Initiative (TAIPEI) Act of 2019" passed by the U.S. House of Representatives recently, saying the passage of the Taiwan-related bill is "unreasonable."
- China carrying out planned space missions amid virus outbreak Global Times 06 Mar 2020 -- China's scheduled space missions this year will not be affected by the novel coronavirus epidemic, the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest China's Sichuan Province said Friday.
- Political motivation of some US politicians laid bare over comments on Jimmy Lai: commissioner's office of Chinese foreign ministry Global Times 06 Mar 2020 -- Office of the Commissioner of the Chinese Foreign Ministry in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) said on Friday that some US politicians' comments on the HKSAR government's legal action against Jimmy Lai and several others are attempting to sow trouble in Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong Transfers Protest Movement 'Spiritual Leader' to Top Security Jail Radio Free Asia 06 Mar 2020 -- A jailed Hong Kong politician who advocated "separation" between the former British colony and mainland China has been transferred to a maximum security prison after receiving a Christmas card from a supporter deemed to have "sensitive" content, local media and politicians reported.
- Wuhan Residents Heckle China's Vice Premier Over Lack of Food, Supplies Radio Free Asia 06 Mar 2020 -- Residents of a housing project in the central city of Wuhan heckled a top ruling Chinese Communist Party official on Thursday with shouts of "Fake!" after being told to stay home during his visit to their compound.
- 11 of 311 returnees from Iran to NW China found infected with COVID-19 Global Times 06 Mar 2020 -- Eleven people among the 311 passengers flying via chartered planes arranged by Chinese authorities and airlines from Iran to Lanzhou, in Northwest China's Gansu Province, were confirmed as COVID-19 cases on Thursday, lifting the total number of COVID-19 infections in the province to 102 while on the same day no local residents were reported infected.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|