Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
03 March 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Dr. Mark T. Esper's Telephone Call with the People's Republic of China's Minister of National Defense General Wei Fenghe DoD 03 Mar 2020
- Military's readiness high during virus battle People's Daily 03 Mar 2020 -- The ongoing novel coronavirus outbreak in China will not affect the Chinese military's combat training and exercises, and the military has comprehensively demonstrated its emergency-response abilities during its fight against the outbreak, a Defense Ministry spokesman said on Monday.
- WHO working closely with Chinese scientists on COVID-19: WHO expert Global Times 03 Mar 2020 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) has been communicating and working closely with Chinese scientists and public health professionals, whose evidence-based approach to contain COVID-19 is something the world needs to learn from, a senior WHO expert said here Monday.
- Confirmed COVID-19 cases in Hong Kong increase to 100 Global Times 03 Mar 2020 -- The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Hong Kong has increased to 100 as of 8:00 p.m. local time Monday, Hong Kong's Centre for Health Protection (CHP) reported on Monday night.
- Asymptomatic cases prompt NE border city to recheck people arriving since January Global Times 03 Mar 2020 -- A city in Northeast China has started a new round of screening of people who have arrived since January 18, after two asymptomatic infections with an incubation period of more than one month were confirmed.
- Xi stresses COVID-19 scientific research during Beijing inspection People's Daily 03 Mar 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping on Monday stressed coordinately advancing the scientific research on novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) to provide support for winning the battle against the epidemic.
- COVID-19 patients may have no fever or CT abnormality: research People's Daily 03 Mar 2020 -- Chinese researchers have found that COVID-19 patients may have no fever or CT abnormality, according to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine recently.
- Dozens of Chinese citizens forcibly quarantined and deported in Russia amid coronavirus Global Times 03 Mar 2020 -- The Tsaritsyno Palace in southeast Moscow, which was built under the order of Catherine the Great in 1776, used to attract numerous Chinese tourists in particular.
- President Xi Jinping urges fast development of coronavirus vaccine PLA Daily 03 Mar 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping called on Monday for the fast development of effective vaccine and treatment drugs for the novel coronavirus during an inspection tour of two major institutions currently researching COVID-19.
- China's J-10C fighter jet uses homemade engine: report Global Times 03 Mar 2020 -- A newly built J-10C fighter jet is reportedly equipped with a domestically developed WS-10 Taihang engine and ready to join military service, a sign that the homemade engine has become technically mature and reliable, experts said.
- China's PLA Suspends Joint Drills, Sends Logistics Units to Fight COVID-19 Outbreak Sputnik 03 Mar 2020 -- China's armed forces have suspended annual joint drills in Inner Mongolia amid the COVID-19 novel coronavirus outbreak, and the logistics apparatus is being used instead to combat the Wuhan-centered outbreak. However, border units and single-branch drills will not be affected.
- China Vows to Retaliate Against US Over Limits on Chinese State Media Personnel VOA 03 Mar 2020 -- China is threatening to retaliate against the United States over its decision to limit the number of state media personnel allowed to work in the U.S.
- Cap on Chinese media 'nasty' Global Times 03 Mar 2020 -- China will play the US' "reciprocity" game and reserve the right to take further action to respond to Washington's decision to cap Chinese media employee numbers in the US, Chinese officials said Tuesday, calling the latter's move a political oppression driven by its Cold War mentality and ideological bias.
- China to retaliate US restrictions on Chinese journalists Press TV 03 Mar 2020 -- China has condemned as "bullying" the recent restrictions imposed by the United States on Chinese media in the country, pledging to take countermeasures.
- White House places more restrictions on Chinese journalists as crackdown intensifies Press TV 03 Mar 2020 -- The United States is slashing by nearly half the number of US-based journalists working for Chinese state-owned media outlets, intensifying its crackdown on the Chinese press.
- Chinese Authorities Track People's Phones as Some Return to Work Radio Free Asia 03 Mar 2020 -- Authorities in China are using big data gleaned from popular social media apps to step up surveillance of hundreds of millions of people caught up in the coronavirus epidemic.
- Xinjiang officials refute CECC claims on abuse Global Times 03 Mar 2020 -- Officials and residents in Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on Monday refuted claims hyped in a US congressional report, which alleged local people have been tortured and foreign nationals have been detained in vocational education and training centers.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list