Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
27 February 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Chinese National Sentenced for Stealing Trade Secrets Worth $1 Billion US Dept. of Justice 27 Feb 2020 -- A former associate scientist was sentenced to 24 months in federal prison in federal court today for stealing proprietary information worth more than $1 billion from his employer, a U.S. petroleum company.
- Protecting Beijing critical in China's COVID-19 battle Global Times 27 Feb 2020 -- Beijing is facing mounting pressure in efforts to contain the novel coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) as new confirmed infections surged due to imported cases of infection and cluster outbreaks.
- Beijing sees jump in new infections, as imported infection and cluster cases bring severe challenges Global Times 27 Feb 2020 -- Beijing is facing mounting pressure in its efforts to contain the novel coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) as new confirmed infections surged due to imported infections and cluster outbreaks, while top Chinese leaders said that safeguarding the capital city is as important as combating the deadly virus in epicenter Wuhan, Central China's Hubei Province.
- Epidemic control in Beijing tops central govt's virus battle Global Times 27 Feb 2020 -- Beijing is facing mounting pressure in efforts to contain the novel coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) as new confirmed infections surged due to arrivals from abroad and cluster outbreaks.
- Chinese hospitals discharge 32,495 recovered patients of coronavirus infection People's Daily 27 Feb 2020 -- A total of 32,495 patients infected with the novel coronavirus had been discharged from hospital after recovery by the end of Wednesday, Chinese health authority said Thursday.
- China's newly recovered coronavirus patients outnumber new infections for 9th day People's Daily 27 Feb 2020 -- The daily number of newly cured and discharged novel coronavirus patients on the Chinese mainland has surpassed that of new infections for the ninth consecutive day, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- China's Hubei reports 409 new coronavirus cases People's Daily 27 Feb 2020 -- Hubei Province, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus outbreak, reported 409 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 26 new deaths on Wednesday, the provincial health commission said Thursday.
- China reports 433 new confirmed cases of coronavirus infection, 29 new deaths People's Daily 27 Feb 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Thursday it received reports of 433 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 29 deaths on Wednesday from 31 provincial-level regions on the mainland.
- Prices Soar Amid Epidemic of Coronavirus Profiteering in China Radio Free Asia 27 Feb 2020 -- Profiteering is on the rise amid the coronavirus epidemic in China, with food aid going to waste amid rising food prices in worst-hit Hubei province, RFA has learned.
- Coronavirus in China Disrupts Vietnamese Manufacturers' Supply Chain Radio Free Asia 27 Feb 2020 -- Vietnam's textile and electronics industries may soon run out of raw materials because the country has temporarily cut off trade with China due to the novel coronavirus epidemic, industry figures and an economist warned Thursday.
- China to provide Iran with 20k coronavirus test kits, says MFA Spox IRNA 27 Feb 2020 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi said on Thursday that the Chinese government and its Red Cross society are to deliver an aid package to Iran on Friday comprising 20 thousand COVID-19 test kits.
- J-15 aircraft carrier-based fighter jet gets new anti-corrosion paint: reports Global Times 27 Feb 2020 -- The latest batch of China's J-15 aircraft carrier-based fighter jet is getting new, green priming paint instead of the previous yellow one. Reports speculate it is a new anti-corrosion material that can enhance the aircraft's capabilities.
- Xinjiang Authorities Sending Uyghurs to Work in China's Factories, Despite Coronavirus Risks Radio Free Asia 27 Feb 2020 -- Authorities in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (XUAR) are sending hundreds of ethnic Uyghurs to other parts of China to work in factories affected by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), drawing criticism from observers who say the move shows "Uyghur lives don't matter" in the country.
- P.R.C. Sentencing of Gui Minhai US Dept. of State 27 Feb 2020 -- "We strongly condemn the People's Republic of China's (P.R.C.) sentencing of Swedish citizen Gui Minhai on February 24."
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list