Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
07 February 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Speaks Out For Tibetan Buddhists, Incarcerated Uyghurs Radio Free Asia 07 Feb 2020 -- U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi on Thursday offered prayers for Tibetan Buddhists and Uyghur Muslims killed or jailed for exercising their faith in China, calling them among the world's most persecuted victims of state repression of religion.
- Mainland urges Taiwan authority to stop impeding Taiwan compatriots returning from Hubei CNA 07 Feb 2020 -- A Chinese mainland spokesperson Thursday urged the Taiwan authority to stop impeding Taiwan compatriots stranded in the coronavirus-hit Hubei Province from returning to the island.
- Taiwan Hits Out at China's Management of Evacuation Flight, Quarantine Radio Free Asia 07 Feb 2020 -- The democratic island of Taiwan has called on China to prioritize the most vulnerable of its nationals when arranging their evacuation from the central Chinese city of Wuhan, which is at the center of the coronavirus epidemic.
- Most Taiwan-China passenger flights to be halted CNA 07 Feb 2020 -- All passenger flights between Taiwan and China will be halted from Feb. 10 to April 29, with the exception of those to five destinations in China, the Central Epidemic Command Center announced Friday.
- Taiwan to quarantine those who transited through China, Hong Kong, Macau CNA 07 Feb 2020 -- Starting on Monday, travelers who have transited through China, Hong Kong or Macau on their way to Taiwan will be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Friday.
- Supervisory body probes after Li's death Global Times 07 Feb 2020 -- Doctor remembered as hero who could have contained epidemic at early stage
- Chinese hospitals discharge 1,540 recovered patients of coronavirus infection Global Times 07 Feb 2020 -- A total of 1,540 patients infected with the novel coronavirus had been discharged from hospital after recovery by the end of Thursday, Chinese health authorities announced Friday.
- Hubei still short of at least 2,250 medical personnel Global Times 07 Feb 2020 -- Central China's Hubei Province is still in short of at least 2,250 medical personnel in face of the novel coronavirus outbreak, said a provincial official.
- China sends over 11,000 medics to Wuhan amid epidemic People's Daily 07 Feb 2020 -- Chinese health authorities have sent more than 11,000 medics, including the country's best ICU staff, to the city of Wuhan, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus outbreak, an official said on Friday.
- Wuhan combs communities to leave no coronavirus patient unattended People's Daily 07 Feb 2020 -- Wuhan, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus outbreak, is combing communities to ensure every confirmed or suspected patient is located and attended to as a senior official vowed to nail any official deserter "to history's pillar of shame."
- National supervisory commission sends group to investigate issues involving Dr. Li Wenliang People's Daily 07 Feb 2020 -- The National Supervisory Commission has decided to dispatch an inspection group to Wuhan, capital city of Hubei Province and the epicenter of the novel coronavirus outbreak, to thoroughly investigate issues related to Dr. Li Wenliang.
- Xi talks with Trump over phone on novel coronavirus outbreak People's Daily 07 Feb 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping spoke over phone with U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday morning.
- Chinese Doctor Who Blew Whistle on Virus Dies After Treatment 'Delay' Radio Free Asia 07 Feb 2020 -- A whistleblowing Wuhan doctor hauled in by China's state security police after he and colleagues tried to warn the authorities about the coronavirus has died of the disease, sparking an outcry on the country's usually tightly regulated social media platforms.
- Coronavirus Cases Climb to 17 in Sichuan's Kardze Prefecture Radio Free Asia 07 Feb 2020 -- Confirmed cases of Wuhan coronavirus infection in Sichuan's Kardze Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture have now jumped to 17, Tibetan writer Woeser and a social media site run by the state-linked Khampa TV news outlet said on Feb. 6.
- Fifteen Repatriated North Korean Refugees Kept Quarantined for Coronavirus in 'Dangerous' Tuberculosis Hospital Radio Free Asia 07 Feb 2020 -- As the coronavirus epidemic rages on in China, authorities in North Korea have quarantined a group of 15 refugees that were captured in China and repatriated with the help of Chinese police, placing them in a facility meant to isolate patients with open cases of tuberculosis, RFA has learned.
- Vietnam Reports 13th Coronavirus Case as China's Neighbors Cope With Outbreak Fallout Radio Free Asia 07 Feb 2020 -- Vietnam raised its tally of coronavirus cases to 13, while authorities in Myanmar continued to search for missing Chinese travelers from Wuhan, the outbreak epicenter, as China's Southeast Asian neighbors wrestled with the economic and health consequences of the deadly outbreak.
- Hong Kong Medics to End Strike as City Imposes Quarantine on Travelers Radio Free Asia 07 Feb 2020 -- Thousands of Hong Kong medical workers voted to end their strike on Friday, as the city's government warned that anyone breaking a mandatory 14-day quarantine could be jailed for up to six months.
- The United States Announces Assistance to Combat the Novel Coronavirus US Dept. of State 07 Feb 2020 -- This week the State Department has facilitated the transportation of nearly 17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to the Chinese people, including masks, gowns, gauze, respirators, and other vital materials. These donations are a testament to the generosity of the American people.
- Coronavirus: demand for face masks creates shortfall for those in real need UN News 07 Feb 2020 -- Unprecedented global demand for face masks and other protective equipment fuelled by the coronavirus epidemic, has created potentially dangerous shortages for those who need them most, the World Health Organization (WHO) announced on Friday.
- China issues new regulation on military organizational management PLA Daily 07 Feb 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping, also chairman of Central Military Commission (CMC), signed an order to issue the newly revised Regulation on Management of Military Establishment and Organizational Structure (Trial). The new Regulation will enter into force from March 1, 2020.
- China's Virus May Break Phase One Deal Radio Free Asia 07 Feb 2020 -- Just two weeks after the United States and China called a truce in their two-year trade war, the outbreak of the coronavirus has threatened to put the agreement on hold.
- Mainland urges Taiwan authority to stop impeding Taiwan compatriots returning from Hubei People's Daily 07 Feb 2020 -- A Chinese mainland spokesperson Thursday urged the Taiwan authority to stop impeding Taiwan compatriots stranded in the coronavirus-hit Hubei Province from returning to the island.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list