Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
06 February 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- US Prosecutors Eye Uptick In Chinese Economic Espionage Cases VOA 06 Feb 2020 -- The FBI is conducting roughly 1,000 investigations into suspected Chinese theft of U.S. intellectual property, with many expected to result in criminal charges against individuals and companies later in the year, U.S. law enforcement officials said Thursday.
- FBI Says China 'Biggest Threat' to US Law Enforcement as Arrests Skyrocket in 2020 Radio Free Asia 06 Feb 2020 -- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has already arrested nearly 80 percent of the total number of arrests it made in China-related cases this year as it did in all of 2019, officials said Thursday, identifying the Asian superpower as the biggest law enforcement threat to the U.S.
- Repatriations from China must be through proper channels: premier CNA 06 Feb 2020 -- Premier Su Tseng-chang (蘇貞昌) said Thursday that there will be no more repatriations of Taiwanese nationals stranded in Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak, unless such arrangements are made through the established communication channels between both sides of the Taiwan Strait rather than private groups.
- Coronavirus outbreak dries up major Chinese cities' labor pools Global Times 06 Feb 2020 -- The outbreak of the novel coronavirus has prompted numerous companies to further extend the dates that employees return to work in first-tier cities across China, a trend which some industry insiders described as a "second wave" of hits on the Chinese economy that would dry up major cities' labor pools in manufacturing, services, construction and other sectors while also causing inconveniences to people's daily lives.
- Coronavirus epicenter faces severe test as actual number of infections still unknown Global Times 06 Feb 2020 -- Wuhan, the epicenter of the deadly coronavirus in Central China's Hubei Province, still faces a severe test after nearly two weeks of being in lockdown, as a large number of patients have not received timely treatment, causing more pressure and no turning point is in sight yet, officials and experts said.
- China reports 3,694 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection, 73 new deaths People's Daily 06 Feb 2020 -- Chinese health authorities Thursday said it received reports of 3,694 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 73 deaths on Wednesday from 31 provincial-level regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps.
- Chinese hospitals discharge 1,153 recovered patients of coronavirus infection People's Daily 06 Feb 2020 -- A total of 1,153 patients infected with the novel coronavirus had been discharged from hospital after recovery by the end of Wednesday, Chinese health authorities announced Thursday.
- China's Wuhan has set up 132 quarantine sites People's Daily 06 Feb 2020 -- China's epidemic-hit Wuhan has set up 132 quarantine sites by Tuesday, providing over 12,500 beds to cope with the surging number of patients confirmed or suspected to be infected with the novel coronavirus.
- Beijing bans dinner gatherings for epidemic control People's Daily 06 Feb 2020 -- Beijing has published a notice to ban dinner gatherings as a step to strengthen the prevention and control of the novel coronavirus outbreak, according to a press conference Wednesday.
- China's Hubei reports 2,987 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection People's Daily 06 Feb 2020 -- Central China's Hubei Province reported 2,987 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 70 new deaths on Wednesday, local health authorities said Thursday.
- 10 test positive for novel coronavirus on quarantined cruise ship in Japan People's Daily 06 Feb 2020 -- Test results show that nine passengers and a crew member on a cruise ship quarantined off the coast in Japan are infected with the novel coronavirus, the Japanese health ministry said Wednesday.
- Hong Kong to Place in Quarantine Everyone Coming From Mainland China – Report Sputnik 06 Feb 2020 -- Hong Kong will introduce on Saturday a two-week quarantine for all people arriving from mainland China over an outbreak of a new coronavirus, media reported on Thursday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list