Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
05 February 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Cambodia Must Investigate Drone Crash Amid Report of Secret Visit by Chinese Military: Analyst Radio Free Asia 05 Feb 2020 -- Cambodia's government should launch a "full investigation" into a mysterious drone crash nearly three weeks ago in Koh Kong province, a regional analyst said Wednesday, following media reports that a team of Chinese military officials made a secret visit to the country ahead of the incident.
- Mainland spokesperson slams Taiwan's DPP for banking on foreign forces to build itself up Global Times 05 Feb 2020 -- A Chinese mainland spokesperson on Tuesday slammed Taiwan's Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) authority for banking on foreign forces to build itself up.
- Type 15 tank runs extreme challenge, shows high accuracy Global Times 05 Feb 2020 -- China's recently debuted tank, the Type 15, has a very powerful fire control system to enable a very high accuracy, experts said on Tuesday, as the tank recently run through a challenge to demonstrate its gun stability.
- White House Official: China Should Join Nuclear Arms Talks With Russia VOA 05 Feb 2020 -- U.S. President Donald Trump's national security adviser said Wednesday that China should join the United States in trilateral arms talks with Russia.
- China adopts multiple measures to ensure economic stability amid novel coronavirus epidemic People's Daily 05 Feb 2020 -- Relevant government departments in China have taken multiple measures to increase supply, guarantee distribution channels, and stabilize market order to offset the impact of the current novel coronavirus epidemic on the economy, officials said at a press conference held by China's State Council Information Office on Feb.3.
- PLA mobilizes members to fight virus PLA Daily 05 Feb 2020 -- The People's Liberation Army Joint Logistic Support Force has issued a full-scale mobilization order to its members in response to the ongoing novel coronavirus outbreak across the country.
- Key meeting emphasizes treating all patients People's Daily 05 Feb 2020 -- A meeting chaired by Premier Li Keqiang in Beijing on Tuesday adopted measures to enable more patients infected with the novel coronavirus in Hubei province and especially Wuhan to obtain treatment, improve recovery rates and reduce fatalities.
- Resource shortages raise risk of death, official says People's Daily 05 Feb 2020 -- The mortality rate for known cases of the novel coronavirus is significantly higher in Wuhan, Hubei province, the epicenter of the outbreak, than other parts of the country - a gap that health officials and experts are racing to close by ramping up medical assistance and enhancing the region's critical care capability.
- WHO says coronavirus outbreak not yet pandemic People's Daily 05 Feb 2020 -- The World Health Organisation said the deadly outbreak of the novel coronavirus does not constitute a "pandemic".
- Race against time to win epidemic battle in Wuhan: Chinese authorities People's Daily 05 Feb 2020 -- A central government group to guide the epidemic control work in central China's Hubei Province requires intensified measures to prevent and control the novel coronavirus epidemic and race against time to win the battle.
- Chinese hospitals discharge 892 recovered patients of coronavirus infection People's Daily 05 Feb 2020 -- A total of 892 patients infected with the novel coronavirus had been discharged from hospital after recovery by the end of Tuesday, Chinese health authorities announced Wednesday.
- Hubei uses choppers to transport emergency supplies People's Daily 05 Feb 2020 -- Central China's Hubei Province, the center of the novel coronavirus epidemic, used helicopters to ensure the smooth and timely transportation of emergency supplies to support epidemic prevention and control, a senior local official said Tuesday.
- China reports 3,887 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection, 65 new deaths People's Daily 05 Feb 2020 -- Chinese health authorities Wednesday said it received reports of 3,887 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 65 deaths on Tuesday from 31 provincial-level regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list