Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
02 February 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Wuhan hospital ready for remote treatment Global Times 02 Feb 2020 -- The SARS treatment-model Huoshenshan Hospital in Wuhan, Hubei Province which will officially receive coronavirus patients from Monday, can conduct remote medical treatment.
- Wuhan imposes strictest quarantine measures amid fight against the novel coronavirus Global Times 02 Feb 2020 -- Wuhan's novel coronavirus prevention and control authorities announced on Sunday that all patients diagnosed with pneumonia-related fever or who have been in close contact with infected patients will be quarantined.
- Novel coronavirus may spread via digestive system: experts Global Times 02 Feb 2020 -- Chinese experts warned that the novel coronavirus could be transmitted through the digestive system, according to the latest findings.
- China tightens preventive anti-epidemic measures for returning travelers Global Times 02 Feb 2020 -- Chinese authorities have tightened measures to battle the novel coronavirus epidemic as a growing number of people hit the road and return to work after the Spring Festival holiday.
- 304 dead, 14,380 cases of coronavirus confirmed in Chinese mainland Global Times 02 Feb 2020 -- A total of 14,380 cases of novel coronavirus were confirmed in the Chinese mainland as of 24:00 on Saturday, with 304 dead and 328 recovered patients, said China's National Health Commission.
- China orders remains of coronavirus patients to be cremated nearby People's Daily 02 Feb 2020 -- The remains of patients infected with the novel coronavirus should be cremated close to where they are, and funeral traditions such as a farewell ceremony are banned, Chinese authorities said.
- 4th charter flight brings back 89 Hubei residents People's Daily 02 Feb 2020 -- The fourth charter flight sent by the Chinese government to bring home stranded Hubei residents from overseas arrived in Wuhan, capital of central China's Hubei Province Saturday evening, the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs said Sunday.
- All-out efforts demonstrate China's ability to contain epidemic People's Daily 02 Feb 2020 -- Fewer cars, empty streets, quiet stations and smaller crowds in the supermarkets, this year's Spring Festival is quite different from previous years with the novel coronavirus sweeping China.
- Confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection increase to 14 in Hong Kong People's Daily 02 Feb 2020 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said on Saturday night that its Centre for Health Protection (CHP) is investigating one additional case of the novel coronavirus infection, the 14th confirmed case in the HKSAR.
- China's Hubei reports 1,921 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection People's Daily 02 Feb 2020 -- Central China's Hubei Province reported 1,921 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 45 new deaths on Saturday, local health authorities said Sunday.
- China sees 2,590 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection, 45 new deaths People's Daily 02 Feb 2020 -- Chinese health authorities Sunday said it received reports of 2,590 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 45 deaths on Saturday from 31 provincial-level regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps.
- Coronavirus health scare: 300 plus dead; first fatality outside China confirmed Press TV 02 Feb 2020 -- The public health emergency associated with the killer coronavirus that has already spread to over a dozen countries has raised global alarms, with the number of confirmed deaths inside China passing the 300 mark, and the first fatality from the outbreak outside China reported in the Philippines.
- Coronavirus Epidemic Spreads Across China as First Overseas Death Reported Radio Free Asia 02 Feb 2020 -- The number of confirmed coronavirus cases climbed to nearly 15,000 on Sunday, while the number of deaths rose to 305 worldwide, among them a 44-year-old Chinese man in the Philippines, a recent arrival from Wuhan and the first death outside China's borders.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list