Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
June 2017 - China Special Weapons News
- Chinese FM releases pictures of evidence showing trespass of Indian border troops at the Sikkim section People's Daily 30 Jun 2017 -- Truth may be concealed for a while, but not forever, said Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Lu Kang at the regular press conference on June 29, 2017.
- China Tells India to 'Stop Clamoring for War' and 'Learn Lessons' of 1962 Defeat Sputnik 30 Jun 2017 -- China has warned India to stop 'clamoring for war' and has reminded them of the thrashing they received from the People's Liberation Army in 1962. The Indian Army has opened new helicopter bases in Sikkim, where tensions are rising.
- The Fight for Marawi: China Donates Thousands of Weapons to Philippines Sputnik 30 Jun 2017 -- China has supplied a batch of weapons to the Philippines to support President Rodrigo Duterte's crusade against Islamist terror groups in Marawi, after Duterte proclaimed that he would seek assistance from sources other than the United States.
- China builds new military facilities on reef in disputed South China Sea: Group Press TV 30 Jun 2017 -- A US think tank says satellite images show China has recently built new military facilities on artificial islands in the disputed South China Sea.
- China, Japan Hold Talks to Avoid Accidental East China Sea Clashes Sputnik 30 Jun 2017 -- On Thursday, China and Japan began a two-day consultation of senior officials, where they will discuss ways to avoid accidental clashes in the East China Sea and other maritime issues.
- Taiwan and China trade criticism over U.S. arms sales CNA 30 Jun 2017 -- Taiwan and China engaged in a war of words Friday following an announcement by the Trump administration on a U.S. arms sales package to Taiwan, with the self-governing island saying the onus is on China to find ways to ease tensions between the two sides.
- Chinese ambassador: US arms sale to Taiwan harms ties People's Daily 30 Jun 2017 -- China's top diplomat to the U.S. denounced Washington's latest decision to sell arms to Taiwan, which the U.S. Department of State announced late Thursday.
- Outraged China urges US to revoke arms sales to Taiwan Press TV 30 Jun 2017 -- An outraged China has urged the US to revoke immediately its "wrong decision" to sell $1.42 billion worth of arms to Taiwan which Beijing considers a renegade province.
- US Arms Sales to Taiwan Violate International Rights – Chinese Foreign Ministry Sputnik 30 Jun 2017 -- By selling weapons to China, the United States violates international rights, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang said Friday, adding Beijing has already officially protested the new US arms sales deal.
- US Proposal to Sell Taiwan Arms Risks China Backlash at Awkward Time VOA 30 Jun 2017 -- The U.S. government's approval Thursday of $1.42 billion in advanced weaponry for Taiwan risks a stiff backlash from China after a year of strained relations between Beijing and the self-ruled island, which sees the mainland as its chief military rival.
- US sanctions Chinese bank over alleged illicit ties with North Korea Press TV 30 Jun 2017 -- The United States has imposed sanctions on a Chinese bank, accusing it of laundering money for North Korean companies.
- China rebuts doubts on aircraft carrier Liaoning's capabilities People's Daily 30 Jun 2017 -- A spokesperson for China's Ministry of National Defense (MOD) has rebutted doubts about the combat capability of China's first aircraft carrier, the Liaoning.
- India to blame for shutting down pilgrimage route to Tibet: Foreign Ministry People's Daily 29 Jun 2017 -- India should be blamed for the shutdown of the pilgrimage route to Tibet, which is unlikely to be reopened if the Indian side cannot correct its mistake in a timely manner, said China's Foreign Ministry on Wednesday.
- India Beefs Up Military Presence Along Border With China as Conflict Looms Sputnik 29 Jun 2017 -- Amid the stand-off with Chinese troops, the Indian Army has planned a massive build-up in Sikkim to counter any misadventures of Beijing. Sources said the Army will open several helicopter bases in Sikkim and nearby areas for housing Dhruv and Rudra helicopters to boost military strength in the region.
- China's new destroyer to protect world peace People's Daily 29 Jun 2017 -- China's new destroyer is committed to world peace and stability, and will take on more responsibilities in international operations, Wu Qian, spokesperson for the Ministry of National Defense said Thursday.
- China's Destroyer 055, the imperial bodyguard of aircraft carriers People's Daily 29 Jun 2017 -- "China's first home-grown 10,000-tonne class missile destroyer is the most advanced in terms tonnage, informatization, and firepower," said Zhang Junshe, a researcher at the Naval Military Academic Research Institute in China, pointing out its superiority and significance to the Chinese navy.
- President Xi vows continuous support to Hong Kong People's Daily 29 Jun 2017 -- President Xi Jinping said here Thursday that the central government will as always support the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) in growing its economy and improving people's wellbeing.
- Chinese president visits Hong Kong to mark 20th handover anniversary Press TV 29 Jun 2017 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping has arrived in Hong Kong to mark the 20th anniversary of the former British colony's handover to China amid unprecedented security measures adopted against potential protests in the city.
- India should immediately retreat the border troops that illegally entered into China: Foreign Ministry People's Daily 28 Jun 2017 -- China has taken necessary and emergency measures in response to the Indian border troops crossing into the Chinese territory at the Sikkim section of the China-India boundary, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Lu Kang told a press briefing on Tuesday.
- China's first home-grown missile destroyer launched in Shanghai, enhances PLA Navy's combat ability People's Daily 28 Jun 2017 -- China's first home-grown 10,000-tonne class missile destroyer has been launched in Shanghai on Wednesday morning, marking a step forward for China's development in missile destroyers.
- China launches its most powerful destroyer Press TV 28 Jun 2017 -- China's military has launched its most powerful naval destroyer, which is equipped with new air defense, anti-missile, anti-ship, and anti-submarine systems.
- Chinese Navy Gets First State-of-the-Art Guided Missile Destroyer Sputnik 28 Jun 2017 -- The Chinese PLA Navy received a potent new addition as its latest state-of-the-art guided missile destroyer launched from its shipyard berth in Shanghai.
- Xi's selected remarks on building strong military published People's Daily 28 Jun 2017 -- A book of the selected remarks of President Xi Jinping on national defense and building strong military has been published, according to military authorities Tuesday.
- China, Kyrgyzstan hold anti-terror drill in Xinjiang People's Daily 28 Jun 2017 -- China and Kyrgyzstan frontier forces on Tuesday held a joint anti-terrorist exercise in Kizilsu Kirgiz Prefecture, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, in northwest China.
- Pro-democracy Protesters Arrested in Hong Kong VOA 28 Jun 2017 -- Hong Kong police have arrested about 30 pro-democracy protesters Wednesday, a day before Chinese President Xi Jinping is to make his first state visit to the city to celebrate the 20-year anniversary of the territory's transfer from Britain to China.
- China says Indian forces trespassing on territory Press TV 27 Jun 2017 -- China has accused border guards from India of having crossed into Chinese territory along the border, urging India to withdraw its troops.
- U.S. State Department Says China Among Worst Human Traffickers RFE/RL 27 Jun 2017 -- The U.S. State Department says more than 20 million people were victims of human trafficking worldwide -- and that China is one of the world's worst culprits.
- US Declares China Among World's Worst Human Trafficking Offenders VOA 27 Jun 2017 -- The United States on Tuesday declared China as among the world's worst offenders in human trafficking and forced labor, placing it alongside countries the U.S. has long disparaged - Iran, North Korea and Syria.
- US to Declare China as Among World's Worst Human Trafficking Offenders VOA 26 Jun 2017 -- The United States is set to declare China as among the world's worst offenders in human trafficking and forced labor, placing it alongside countries the U.S. has long disparaged – Iran, North Korea and Syria.
- Vietnam Faces New Oil Dispute With China After Beijing Cuts Visit Short VOA 26 Jun 2017 -- China and Vietnam face a stiff new test in avoiding a showdown over undersea oil drilling after Beijing cut short a high-level meeting last week, but experts say the two sides will eventually patch things over.
- Russia Settles For Undersized Role In China's Flagship Trade Initiative RFE/RL 26 Jun 2017 -- It's a "great gift to humanity" in the bumptious parlance of Beijing. China's grand plan to revamp trade corridors to Europe involves around 60 countries and hundreds of billions of dollars' worth of new networks of roads, ports, railways, power stations, and energy pipelines.
- China Brokers Deal Between Pakistan, Afghanistan For Managing Crisis-Hit Ties VOA 25 Jun 2017 -- China has brokered a deal between Pakistan and Afghanistan for the establishment of a bilateral "crisis management mechanism" to avoid any breakdown in mutual communications and contacts in the event of terrorist attacks on both sides of their long shared border.
- Taiwan declines to comment on reported China aircraft carrier movement CNA 25 Jun 2017 -- Taiwan's Ministry of National Defense on Sunday declined to comment on media reports that China's Liaoning aircraft carrier will pass either along Taiwan's east or its west coast on the way to Hong Kong this week.
- China's aircraft carrier formation sets out for training mission People's Daily 25 Jun 2017 -- A flotilla with aircraft carrier Liaoning set out from Qingdao in east China on Sunday for a routine training mission, a military statement said.
- Xi stresses enhancing rocket launch, test capability People's Daily 25 Jun 2017 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping has called for comprehensively improving the country's rocket launch and test capabilities.
- China Reiterates Warning to India Not to Meddle in South China Sea Sputnik 24 Jun 2017 -- China has again warned India to stay out of the South China Sea and the geopolitics that surrounds it. It asked both India and the US not to disturb peace in the region which Beijing considers its backyard, just a few days ahead of the Modi-Trump meeting in the US.
- Japan Protests Chinese Ships Entrance in Territorial Waters Near Senkaku Sputnik 24 Jun 2017 -- Japan's Foreign Ministry lodged a protest Saturday against China with regard to the latter's ships entering the Japanese territorial waters near the disputed Senkaku Islands, or Diaoyudao Islands, in the East China Sea.
- Spotlight: China, U.S. reach consensus at high-level security dialogue People's Daily 24 Jun 2017 -- China and the United States reached an important consensus on the development of bilateral relations and security issues at a high-level dialogue held Wednesday in the U.S. capital of Washington D.C..
- Chinese Sub-Hunting Aircraft, Drones Now Patrolling South China Sea Sputnik 23 Jun 2017 -- Satellite imagery acquired by Defense News indicates unmanned aircraft and China's newest Y-8X maritime patrol aircraft – equipped with a seven-meter long Magnetic Anamoly Detector to detect magnetic signatures of submarine hulls – have been deployed to Hainan Island, on the fringes of the South China Sea.
- Chinese Army strengthens supervision at grass-roots level People's Daily 23 Jun 2017 -- By early June, all brigade and corps-level military units nationwide had set up liaison offices tasked with supervising the conduct of officers and soldiers, the Central Military Commission (CMC) announced Thursday.
- Spotlight: China, U.S. hold 'constructive and fruitful' dialogue on diplomatic, security issues People's Daily 22 Jun 2017 -- China and the United States on Wednesday held a high-level dialogue on diplomatic and security issues, vowing to promote bilateral ties by broadening cooperation and managing differences.
- China, Vietnam Cancel High-Level Meeting Over South China Sea Disputes Sputnik 22 Jun 2017 -- Not long after Chinese and Vietnamese state-run media announced that senior military officials from Beijing and Hanoi would meet, the arrangements fell through at the last minute.
- US Urges China to Step Up Pressure on North Korea VOA 21 Jun 2017 -- The United States pushed China during high-level security talks on Wednesday to step up diplomatic and economic pressure to rein in the Kim Jong Un regime in North Korea, but defense analysts said Washington may have to lower its expectations, due to Beijing's strategic relationship with Pyongyang.
- U.S., China Affirm North Korean Threat, Mattis Says AFPS 21 Jun 2017 -- Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said he and the top U.S. diplomat affirmed with high-ranking Chinese officials today that North Korea's nuclear missile program is a threat to peace and security in the Asia-Pacific region.
- China Doing Utmost to Address North Korea Nuclear Issue Without Outside Pressure Sputnik 21 Jun 2017 -- Foreign Ministry spokesperson stated that China is playing an important and constructive role solving North Korea's nuclear issue.
- U.S.-China Talks On North Korea Start In Washington RFE/RL 21 Jun 2017 -- The threat posed by North Korea's nuclear weapons program and its ballistic missiles was at the top of the agenda as high-ranking U.S. and Chinese officials began a day of talks in Washington on June 21..
- Trump: China failed to rein in North Korea's nuclear program Press TV 21 Jun 2017 -- US President Donald Trump says China has failed to persuade North Korea to rein in its nuclear program, ratcheting up the rhetoric after an American student detained by Pyongyang died days after his release.
- Rocket Force more versatile People's Daily 21 Jun 2017 -- The People's Liberation Army Rocket Force has become more versatile as its missiles have become "smaller, more powerful and more accurate", the force said recently.
- Xi urges efforts to boost integrated military and civilian development People's Daily 21 Jun 2017 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping Tuesday underscored centralized and unified leadership to boost integrated military and civilian development.
- China naval fleet steams toward Baltic Sea to participate in drills with Russia Press TV 19 Jun 2017 -- A fleet of Chinese military vessels have embarked on a journey toward the Baltic Sea to participate in joint drills with Russia.
- China's Zhongxing-9A Satellite Fails to Reach Orbit Due to Rocket Failure Sputnik 19 Jun 2017 -- China's Zhongxing-9A communications satellite has failed to reach its orbit after a malfunction of its Long March carrier rocket, the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASC), which was responsible for launching the satellite, said in a statement on Monday.
- Iranian, Chinese joint military exercises kick off in Persian Gulf IRNA 18 Jun 2017 -- Iranian and Chinese joint military maneuver commenced in the Persian Gulf waters on Sunday.
- Iran, China begin naval drill in Strait of Hormuz Press TV 18 Jun 2017 -- The Iranian and Chinese Navies have launched a joint exercise in an area stretching from the strategic Strait of Hormuz to the Sea of Oman in the Persian Gulf.
- China, U.S. to hold first diplomatic and security dialogue in Washington People's Daily 17 Jun 2017 -- China and the United States will hold their first diplomatic and security dialogue next Wednesday in Washington D.C., a Foreign Ministry spokesperson announced here Friday.
- China' s quantum satellite establishes photon entanglement over 1,200 km People's Daily 16 Jun 2017 -- A team of Chinese scientists have realized the satellite-based distribution of entangled photon pairs over 1,200 kilometers. The photon pairs were demonstrated to be still entangled after travelling long distances.
- China Launches First-Ever Cutting Edge X-Ray Telescope Sputnik 16 Jun 2017 -- China has successfully launched their first-ever X-ray space telescope to study phenomena like black holes, gamma ray bursts and pulsar stars, according to state news agency Xinhua.
- Iranian, Chinese warships to hold joint military exercises IRNA 16 Jun 2017 -- Iranian and Chinese warships are to hold a joint military maneuver in the Strait of Hormuz and the Sea of Oman on June 18, 2017.
- China to launch 4 important satellites for space science by 2020 People's Daily 15 Jun 2017 -- China is set to launch four significant satellites for space science during the 13th Five-Year Plan period (2016-2020), after successfully launching the Hard X-ray Modulation Telescope Satellite at Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center on June 15, according to China's State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense.
- China launches X-ray telescope to hunt for black holes SPA 15 Jun 2017 -- China launched its first X-ray space telescope, which will hunt for black holes, pulsars and gamma-ray bursts, dpa reported.
- China naval group berths at Iran's Bandar Abbas port IRNA 15 Jun 2017 -- A Chinese naval group berthed in southern Iran as Tehran and Beijing maintain their determination to enhance naval cooperation, the Iranian Navy has announced.
- Chinese Navy flotilla docks at Iran's Bandar Abbas People's Daily 15 Jun 2017 -- Chinese Navy vessels berthed at Iranian southern port of Bandar Abbas on Thursday.
- China's first AIP submarine reaches 10-year service milestone People's Daily 15 Jun 2017 -- China has mastered air-independent propulsion (AIP) technology, and the country's navy submarines can now be equipped with the system to reach the advanced level of similar systems throughout the world.
- Russia, China challenging US military dominance: Mattis Press TV 13 Jun 2017 -- US Secretary of Defense James Mattis has warned that Russia and China are challenging America's military dominance with technological advances, "placing the international order under assault."
- Mattis: Russia, China Challenging US Military Dominance Sputnik 13 Jun 2017 -- US Secretary of Defense James Mattis said that Russia and China are challenging the United States' military dominance with technological advances in sea, land and air weapons systems.
- Xi commends outstanding PLA company in HK People's Daily 13 Jun 2017 -- Xi Jinping, chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC), has conferred an honorary title on a unit from the People's Liberation Army (PLA) Hong Kong Garrison.
- China, Panama establish diplomatic relations People's Daily 13 Jun 2017 -- China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi held talks with Isabel de Saint Malo de Alvarado, the vice president and minister of foreign affairs of Panama, on June 13. The two signed the Joint Communiqué on the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between the People's Republic of China and the Republic of Panama, the main contents of which are as follows:
- BDS Precise Service System covers over 300 Chinese cities People's Daily 12 Jun 2017 -- The Precise Service System of the BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS) has been used in creating 317 smart cities in China, according to the Smart BDS Precise Application Summit opened on Monday.
- China establishes highest military award People's Daily 12 Jun 2017 -- China has established its highest military award, the Order of August 1 (Bayi). The selection process for the first batch of winners has begun.
- Chinese naval fleet visits Pakistan People's Daily 11 Jun 2017 -- A Chinese navy fleet comprising three warships arrived at Pakistan's southern port city of Karachi on Saturday for a four-day goodwill and training visit.
- Xi advocates common security People's Daily 12 Jun 2017 -- President calls development necessary to counter rise of 'destabilizing factors'
- China Says it Monitors Military Activities in S China Sea Amid US Jets' Drills Sputnik 09 Jun 2017 -- China is closely monitoring the activities of other counties' military forces in the South China Sea, Chinese Defense Ministry said in a statement Friday.
- China 'vigilant' after US B-1 bombers fly over disputed waters Press TV 09 Jun 2017 -- China has stressed that it will safeguard its territorial sovereignty, in a tacit warning to the United States, two of whose military bombers recently flew over the South China Sea.
- PLA Hong Kong Garrison holds joint air and sea patrol operations People's Daily 09 Jun 2017 -- The naval and air troops of the PLA Hong Kong Garrison held on Tuesday a routine joint patrol in waters and airspace of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).
- Air Force to recruit female fighter pilots People's Daily 09 Jun 2017 -- The PLA Air Force will begin recruiting this year for a new generation of female pilots, the official PLA Daily reported on Wednesday.
- Qatar Crisis Poses Test for China's Belt & Road Project VOA 08 Jun 2017 -- The diplomatic crisis between Qatar and its Gulf neighbors is putting China's political clout in the Middle East to the test as Beijing strives to flex its economic muscle there with its trillion-dollar Belt and Road trade Initiative (BRI).
- Chinese Foreign Ministry Calls for Restraint After N Korean Missile Launches Sputnik 08 Jun 2017 -- China called for restraint following the recent North Korean missile launches in order to prevent further escalation of tensions on the Korean peninsula, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said Thursday.
- China strongly rejects Pentagon report Press TV 08 Jun 2017 -- China has firmly rejected the "irresponsible" claims made in a report by the US Defense Department, which accused Beijing of seeking to expand its military footprint globally.
- US Swipes at China Signal a Micro Policy Shift in Disputed Sea VOA 07 Jun 2017 -- The U.S. government is challenging China over its dominant position in Asia's major maritime sovereignty dispute, but those moves, after months of silence, are seen as aimed at reassuring nervous Southeast Asian countries rather than as a major anti-Beijing pivot.
- China to develop reusable space vehicles People's Daily 07 Jun 2017 -- China is in the process of developing reusable earth-to-orbit space vehicles that can boost the country to the forefront of the aerospace industry, as well as promote the commercial use of space technologies, said an aerospace official on June 6.
- China Plans to Launch Chang'e-5 Lunar Mission on Nov. 30 Sputnik 07 Jun 2017 -- Director of the international cooperation department of China National Space Administration Xu Yansong stated that the third launch of the carrier rocket Long March 5 with the satellite Chang'e-5 will take place in the end of November, approximately on November 30.
- Beijing Slams Pentagon's 'Irresponsible' Report on Chinese Military Plans Sputnik 07 Jun 2017 -- China has expressed its criticism of the US Defense Department's annual report on Chinese military and security developments, as it disregards facts and contains groundless statements, Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said Wednesday.
- New Ramjet Engine Enhances Combat Ability of China's Stealthy J-20 Sputnik 07 Jun 2017 -- China has successfully tested its solid-fuel variable flow ramjet engine in two recent airspace experiments, a breakthrough in the engine research fields which could enhance real combat ability of China's stealth aircraft including the J20 jet fighters, according to military experts.
- DoD Release of the Report on Military and Security Developments in China DoD 06 Jun 2017 -- The Department of Defense's annual report, "Military and Security Developments Involving the People's Republic of China" is now available
- China denies that military choppers violated India airspace People's Daily 06 Jun 2017 -- China's Foreign Ministry on June 5 dismissed reports claiming that Chinese military helicopters had violated India's airspace, saying that the Chinese military was just carrying out regular border patrols.
- China willing to cooperate in peaceful space exploration: Xi People's Daily 06 Jun 2017 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping has sent a letter of congratulations to the Global Space Exploration Conference, which opened Tuesday in Beijing.
- 'Unacceptable': India Slams China for Alleged Airspace Violation Sputnik 05 Jun 2017 -- India has toughened its stand on the alleged violation of its airspace by two Chinese PLA helicopters which landed in Barahoti area of Chamoli in the Himalayan state of Uttarakhand. India has termed it unacceptable and said it will raise this issue with China.
- Japan Pushed World Leaders to Warn China Over Maritime Expansion VOA 05 Jun 2017 -- On paper, all of the world's seven richest nations warned last month against militarization of the contested South China Sea, where Beijing is building up small islets for combat aircraft and radar systems.
- China rejects U.S., Japanese officials' remarks on South China Sea, Taiwan People's Daily 05 Jun 2017 -- China on Sunday expressed strong dissatisfaction with and firm opposition to "irresponsible remarks" made by the U.S. Secretary of Defense James Mattis and Japanese Defense Minister Tomomi Inada on the South China Sea and Taiwan issues during the just concluded Shangri-La Dialogue.
- China rejects 'irresponsible' US remarks on South China Sea Press TV 05 Jun 2017 -- China has denounced as "irresponsible remarks" what US Secretary of Defense James Mattis said about Beijing's "militarization" of the South China Sea during a security forum at the weekend.
- JL-9 jet rolls off assembly line for foreign trade People's Daily 05 Jun 2017 -- China's famous JL-9 "Shanying" fighter-trainer jet saw its first model for foreign trade roll off the assembly line in Guizhou province on June 5.
- China's FTC-2000 aircraft export-version rolls off production line People's Daily 05 Jun 2017 -- The export version of the China-developed light versatile FTC-2000 aircraft rolled off the production line of the state-owned aircraft developer in Anshun in southwest China's Guizhou Province Monday.
- China Coast Guard vessels patrol Diaoyu Islands People's Daily 05 Jun 2017 -- Four China Coast Guard (CCG) vessels conducted a patrol in territorial waters off the Diaoyu Islands on Monday, according to an online statement by the State Oceanic Administration.
- Spotlight: First China-designed experiment flies to space station People's Daily 04 Jun 2017 -- SpaceX on Saturday launched a shipment of supplies for the astronauts living at the International Space Station, carrying for the first time an experiment independently designed by China.
- Chinese, Russian officials laud bilateral military ties People's Daily 04 Jun 2017 -- Chinese and Russian officials spoke highly of the military ties between the two countries on Saturday as they met on the sidelines of the Shangri-La Dialogue being held in Singapore.
- Mattis warns China on North Korea and South China Sea Press TV 03 Jun 2017 -- US Defense Secretary James Mattis says that North Korea's nuclear weapons program poses a global threat and warned China over its continued "militarization" of the South China Sea.
- Beijing Rebuffs Claims of China's Special Influence on North Korea Sputnik 02 Jun 2017 -- Western concepts of China having special influence on North Korea come from a lack of understanding of the history of the North Korean nuclear program crisis, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said on Friday.
- China to tackle climate change 'steadfastly': premier People's Daily 02 Jun 2017 -- China will continue to work steadfastly to implement the commitment of the Paris climate deal and join hands with all parties to tackle climate change, Chinese Premier Li Keqiangtold reporters here on Thursday.
- All Countries Must Adhere to Paris Climate Deal Amid US Withdrawal - Chinese FM Sputnik 02 Jun 2017 -- China considers the Paris Agreement a reflection of the broadest consensus of the international community on measures to combat climate change, and all countries must therefore value this commitment, Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hua Chunying said on Friday, commenting on the US withdrawal from the agreement.
- China calls for THAAD to be removed from South Korea Press TV 01 Jun 2017 -- China has once again expressed opposition to the deployment of an advanced US missile system in South Korea, calling on Seoul to remove the controversial Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD).
- Kenya launches flagship standard gauge railway set to transform nation People's Daily 01 Jun 2017 -- Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta on Wednesday launched the passenger train service of the 480-km Mombasa-Nairobi Standard Gauge Railway (SGR), paving way for the nation's endeavor for industrialization and prosperity.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list