August 2008 - China Special Weapons News
- Interview: China Wary Of Russian Support For Georgian Separatists RFE/RL 28 Aug 2008 -- China and Russia are two giant neighbors whose relationship never seems quite settled.
- Iraq, China Discuss $1.2 Billion Oil Deal VOA 19 Aug 2008 -- Iraq's oil minister will be in China later this month to complete a $1.2-billion oil deal.
- 2nd Sino-Indian military drill to begin from December IRNA 13 Aug 2008 -- Indian and Chinese armies are likely to hold their second joint exercise in December on Indian territory to enhance improving ties.
- Muslim Separatists Blamed For Blasts In China's Far Western Xinjian Region VOA 10 Aug 2008 -- Suspected Muslim separatists armed with homemade grenades attacked a government office complex in far west China early Sunday
- China Guarantees Security at Olympic Games VOA 5 Aug 2008 -- Chinese authorities are assuring athletes and spectators arriving for the Beijing Olympic Games that they will be safe from terrorists.
- At least 16 killed in attack on Chinese security forces RIA Novosti 4 Aug 2008 -- An attack on a police compound in China's Xinjiang province early Monday left 16 troops dead and a similar number injured.
- China: Suspected Terrorist Attack Kills 16 Police in Xinjiang VOA 4 Aug 2008 -- Suspected terrorists have attacked border police in northwest China, killing at least 16 officers.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|