July 2008 - China Special Weapons News
- China Making Tight Security Preparations in Beijing Ahead of Olympics VOA 31 Jul 2008 -- China is making every effort to provide adequate security for the Olympic games.
- India seeks China's support over nuke deal IRNA 31 Jul 2008 -- India's Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh has written separate letters to Chinese President Hu Jintao and Premier Wen Jiabao seeking their support for the Indo-US nuke deal.
- China Denies Separatist Group Claims for Bombings VOA 26 Jul 2008 -- Chinese authorities Saturday denied claims by a Uighur separatist group that it was behind a pair of bus bombings in the southwestern city of Kunming and the eastern city of Shanghai.
- China wants nuclear plant in quake-hit province RIA Novosti 23 Jul 2008 -- China hopes to build a nuclear power plant within five years in the Sichuan province, which was devastated by an earthquake in May, state media said on Wednesday.
- China: No Link Between Bus Bombings, Olympics VOA 22 Jul 2008 -- Chinese officials say the investigation into Monday's twin bus bombings in southern China has shown no link with terrorists targeting the Olympics
- China, Russia Sign Border Agreement VOA 21 Jul 2008 -- China and Russia have signed a border agreement that settles the demarcation of their 4,300-kilometer border
- Pacific Commander, Chinese General Agree to Promote Bilateral Training AFPS 16 Jul 2008 -- The top U.S. commander in the Pacific reported today that he and a top Chinese commander agreed last night to work toward bringing their militaries together for two bilateral humanitarian assistance and disaster response exercises.
- China Reports Breakup of More Suspected Terrorist Groups Ahead of Olympics VOA 16 Jul 2008 -- Chinese state media says authorities have broken up 12 terrorist organizations in the western region of Xinjiang so far this year.
- China Stops More Terrorists Targeting Olympics VOA 10 Jul 2008 -- China says it has stopped five terrorist groups and arrested 82 suspected terrorists who were plotting to attack the Beijing Olympics
- Chinese Officials Meet With Dalai Lama Envoys VOA 01 Jul 2008 -- China has confirmed its officials are meeting with representatives of the Dalai Lama for talks on Tibet
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|