June 2007 - China Special Weapons News
- IAEA to help China and Qatar on nuclear security UN News Centre 28 Jun 2007 -- The United Nations International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has made plans with China and Qatar to help the two countries in developing their nuclear security regimes.
- CHINA'S MISSILE DEPLOYMENT CHANGING CROSS-STRAIT STATUS QUO: PENTAGON CNA 14 Jun 2007 -- China's missile programs are posing challenges to the United States and are changing the status quo across the Taiwan Strait, a Pentagon official said Wednesday.
- Agreement Signed between DPRK and China KCNA 06 Jun 2007 -- An agreement of the 46th meeting of the Cooperation Committee of the Korea-China Border River Navigation, was inked here on Tuesday.
- China Criticizes US Plan for Missile Shield in Eastern Europe VOA 05 Jun 2007 -- China has voiced its opposition to a proposed U.S. missile defense system in Eastern Europe
- U.S. missile defense in Asia aimed at North Korea, China - expert RIA Novosti 04 Jun 2007 -- The deployment of U.S. missile defense system elements in East Asia is aimed not only against North Korea but also against China, an expert with the Hong Kong think-tank Kanwa said Monday.
- Gates: New U.S.-China Hotline Represents 'Step Forward' AFPS 02 May 2007 -- Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates today lauded movement toward establishing a defense hotline between the United States and China. He called it "another step forward" in the two countries' developing relationship.
- US Defense Secretary Sounds Softer Note on China's Military Build-up VOA 02 May 2007 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates has softened his county's rhetoric about China's military buildup, telling a regional security conference in Singapore that he sees "reason to be optimistic" about the U.S.-China relationship
- Russia announces large joint military exercise with China, Shanghai Six RIA Novosti 01 May 2007 -- Russia will hold a counterterrorism military exercise with China and other members of the "Shanghai Six" in August, the Ground Forces commander said Friday.
- Russia, China sign commissioning act on 1st unit of Tianwan NPP RIA Novosti 02 May 2007 -- Russia and China have signed a commissioning document on the first unit of Tianwan nuclear power plant in China, Russia's nuclear equipment export monopoly said Saturday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|