1. Kostas Liopiros and Edward Lam, "Extremely High Frequency Satellites Offer Flexibility," Signal, vol. 44, no. 11, July 1990, page 79.
2. Jack Cushman, Defense Week, 19 September 1983.
3. Defense Daily, 28 December 1984, page 284.
4. Adapted from: Space and Missile Systems Center, "Defense Satellite Communication System (DSCS III) Orbital Operations Support Sol F04701-95-R-0013," Commerce Business Daily, Issue No. PSA-1257, 6 January 1995.
- CHAPTER 2 SYSTEM DESCRIPTION NTP 2 NAVAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS PROCEDURES NAVY SUPER HIGH FREQUENCY SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS
- DSCS Program Office USAF Space and Missile Systems Center
- FY98 Budget 0303110F Def Satellite Comm Sys (Space)
- Atlas IIA/DSCS successfully launches after one-hour delay The Atlas team overcame an hour-long delay to successfully launch an Air Force Defense Satellite Communications System payload into space aboard an Atlas IIA rocket with a Centaur upper stage at 8:46 p.m. EDT, Oct. 24, 1997, from Cape Canaveral Air Station, Fla.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|