National Security Space Architect (NSSA) (U)
(U) Decision Memorandum on Department of Defense Reform Initiative Directive (DRID) #11-Reorganization of DoD Space Management Responsibilities established the National Security Space Architect (NSSA) position on 31 July 1998. The NSSA organization which is a combined DoD and Intelligence Community staff subsumes the existing infrastucture of the Office of the DoD Space Architect.
Description User Impact Programmatics Images Related Initiatives Related Requirements Related Categories Road Map Placements Additional Hotlinks Lead Office POC
(U) The NSSA develops, coordinates, and integrates mid- and long-term space architectures across the range of DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) mission areas. The NSSA also has responsibilty to:
- Integrate requirements into future space system architectures to include the space, ground, and communication link segments, as well as user interfaces and equipment.
- Develops transition strategies for future space architectures and support future DoD and IC overarching missions and activities.
- Maintains, disseminates, and further develops as necessary the National Security Space Master Plan (NSSMP).
- Manage core capabilities and facilities for the Office of the NSSA (ONSSA) activities.
- Advise the ASC (C3I), DDCI/CM, and their staffs of appropriate inputs to budget and other guidance documents.
- Responsible for the functions previously performed by the Office of the DoD Space Architect.
User Impact (U):
(U) Provides strategies, architectures, and advice to support DoD and IC space policy and needs.
(U) Organizations and Funding:
- (U) CIA.
- (U) DoD.
Related Initiatives (U):
Name Title DoD Space Architect (See NSSA) DoD Space Architect DUSD(Space) Deputy Under-Secretary of Defense (DUSD) for Space This Table Is Unclassified.
Related Requirements (U):None.
Related Categories (U):
Name Title Space Support Agencies Space Support Agencies This Table Is Unclassified.
Road Map Placements (U):
Name Title GENERAL SUPPORT GENERAL SUPPORT This Table Is Unclassified.
Requirements, Funding and Additional Hotlinks (U):
Name Defense Link This Table Is Unclassified.
Lead Office (U):
Point of Contact (U):
(U) Maj Mike LaPointe, NSSA, Open Phone: (703) 325-6422, DSN 221-6422.
(U) National Security Space Road Map Team, NSSA, Open Phone: (703)808-6040, DSN 898-6040.
Date Of Information (U):
(U) 29 July 1998
(U) Road Map Production Date: 12 July 1999
NEWSLETTER Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list