- Missile Defense Milestones 1944 - 1997 by Dr. Donald R. Baucom, Historian, Ballistic Missile Defense Organization
- US Naval Space Command Space Surveillance System (Allen Thomson)
- Historical Overview Space & Missile Systems Center 1954-1995 Brief historical overview of the Space and Missile Systems Center and its predecessors, covering the evolution of the mission and the organizational structure, the history of base facilities, and the history of the principal space and missile programs. - November 1997
- Achieving Affordable Operational Requirements on the Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS): A Model for Warfighter and Acquisition Success? Jay A. Moody; Mark L. Devirgilio (Faculty Advisor) Air Command and Staff College 1997 - The SBIRS Program effectively overcame potential roadblocks to producing an effective warfighter-supported operational requirements document (ORD) in a severely constrained environment of competing customer and fiscal requirements priorities.
- Mission Needs Statement for Global Broadcast Service
- Joint Operational Requirements Document [JORD]
- Rationale for the JORD
- Joint Operational Requirements Document - Glossary
- Statement of Objectives (SOO) Draft RFP Section L 7 MAR 97
- System Requirements Document (SRD)
- System Requirements Document (SRD) Appendix A1 - Interim Requirements
- System Requirements Document (SRD) Appendix A2 - GBS Standard Link Budget
- DRFP Sec L, Atch 13: Acronym List
- DRFP Sec L, Atch 14: Glossary Of Terms
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY FOR THE GLOBAL BROADCAST SERVICE (GBS) GROUND TERMINAL EQUIPMENT PRODUCTION
- Interface Requirements Specification (IRS) 1997
- "An Analysis of US Theater Ballistic Missile Defense" by Major R. R. Rowsey, United States Marine Corps. Marine Corps University Command and Staff College Argues that the United States should invest the bulk of its resources into developing a boost phase intercept capability instead of lower-tier and National Missile Defense systems.
- "Unity of Command and the Prosecution of the Joint Theater Missile Defense Battle" by Major Joseph M. Fischetti, United States Army. Marine Corps University Command and Staff College Argues that the Army should become the Joint Theater Missile Defense Coordinator for all services.
- The Airborne Laser - A Revolution in Military Affairs Gerald W Wirsig; Diane Fischer (Faculty Advisor) Air Command and Staff College 1997 - The method of employment and the portion of the theater missile defense mission to be performed by the ABL are yet to be determined.
- Mitigation Paths for Free-Space GPS Jamming Matt Boggs and Kenea C. Maraffio, GPS/INS Systems Section, Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWPNS)/China Lake -- 04 November 1997 [PDF]
- GPS Jamming in A Laboratory Environment Gregory D. Rash - Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWPNS)/China Lake - 05 November 1997 [PDF]
- Program Overview Briefing(.PDF), November 1997
- Additional Acquisition Strategy Information (.PDF), November 1997
- LASERS IN SPACE TECHNOLOGICAL OPTIONS FOR ENHANCING US MILITARY CAPABILITIES by Mark E. Rogers, Lieutenant Colonel, USAF, November 1997, Occasional Paper No. 2, Center for Strategy and Technology, Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
- Basic Intertial Navigation NAWCWPNS TM 8128 by Sherryl H. Stovall, Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division - September 1997
- The Ballistic Missile Defense Organization's Consolidated Targets Program BALLISTIC MISSILE DEFENSE ORGANIZATION - 04 AUG 97
- SPECTRUM USE SUMMARY 137 MHz - 10 GHz Compiled by the National Telecommunications And Information Administration, August 22, 1997
- ISAC Improved Space Architecture Concept Statement of Work, 21 July 1997
- TSX-6 Mission Requirements Document, 19 June 1997
- TSX-6 OSEM Experiment Requirements Document, 18 June 1997
- TSX-6 PBEX Experiment Requirements Document, 16 April 1997
- Operational Requirements Document(ORD) AFSPC 005-95B-I/II Extremely High Frequency (EHF) Capability for the ICBM Launch Control Centers ACAT Level III by Brian A. Arnold, Brigadier General, USAF, 1 April 1997
- Draft: Operational Requirements Document(ORD) AFSPC 005-95B-I/II Extremely High Frequency (EHF) Capability for the ICBM Launch Control Centers ACAT Level III by SIMON P. Worden, Colonel, USAF, 1 April 1997
- SBIRS Low Library List 3/22/97
- The Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV) Acquisition and Combat Capability Samuel A. Greaves; Edward F. Greer (Faculty Advisor) Air Command and Staff College March 1997
- Department of Defense Space Program - An Executive Overview for FY 1998 - 2003 Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Acquisition and Technology) (OUSD(A&T)) Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Space) (DUSD(S)) March 1997 - identifies the cross-cutting trends and major themes that underlie DoD activites and initiatives and summarizes featured space programs to illustrate their roles in longer-term planning activities.
- Theater Ballistic Missile Defense: Operating Forward From The Sea Brian C. Nickerson; Jay C Wilkenson (Faculty Advisor) Air Command and Staff College March 1997 - At the turn of the century, the Navy will field a robust theater ballistic missile defense capability, centered on Aegis surface combatants, that is mobile, flexible, sustainable and cost effective.
- The Joint Broadcast Service Supporting Bosnia: Value to the Warrior and Lessons Learned Mark C. Biwer; Joseph H. Reynolds (Faculty Advisor) Air Command and Staff College March 1997 - Due to the rapid deployment of JBS to support efforts in Bosnia, the concepts, software and tools necessary to effect the "Smart Push" and "Warrior Pull" themes of JBS/GBS for data files lagged far behind the video. The one exception was the distribution of large format imagery files to Tuzla, Bosnia-Herzegovina.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|