November 2015 Space News
- Atlas V booster lands at Vandenberg AFNS 27 Nov 2015 -- One of the world's largest cargo aircraft recently delivered an Atlas V booster to Vandenberg Air Force Base.
- Russia Respects Romania's Decision to Deploy US Missile Defense Systems Sputnik 27 Nov 2015 -- Moscow respects the decision of Bucharest to deploy the elements of the US global missile defense system on its territory, Russian lower house speaker Sergei Naryshkin said Friday.
- Poland Budges on Purchase of Anti-Russia Missiles From US Sputnik 27 Nov 2015 -- Poland's new defense minister Antoni Macierewicz announced that the government is suspending its agreement with the US defense contractor Raytheon for Patriot missiles, complaining that the contract's cost is too high while the term of delivery is too long.
- China's largest and most powerful new rocket the Long March 5 shown to public People's Daily 24 Nov 2015 -- The launching crew training rocket called the Long March 5, China's largest and most powerful rocket, is moved to a launching tower at the Wenchang Satellite Launch Center in south China's Hainan province on Nov.23.
- NASA Gives SpaceX Company 1st Mission Order to International Space Station Sputnik 21 Nov 2015 -- The first mission order has been submitted to SpaceX to ferry US astronauts to ISS.
- Raytheon takes next step toward defining Multi-Object Kill Vehicle concept Raytheon 20 Nov 2015 -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) completed the first Program Planning Review with the U.S. Missile Defense Agency on the future Multi-Object Kill Vehicle (MOKV) concept, a key step toward defining critical aspects of its design.
- Latest Patriot takes out two ballistic missiles during first flight test Raytheon 19 Nov 2015 -- The U.S. Army successfully completed the first in a series of flight tests for the latest upgrades to the Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN)-made Patriot Integrated Air and Missile Defense system.
Patriot radar array.
- Raytheon completes GPS III launch readiness exercises Raytheon 19 Nov 2015 -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) successfully completed three preliminary launch readiness events which are important milestones in preparing to launch the modernized Global Positioning System (GPS) system. The new system will benefit millions of people worldwide who rely on GPS for its positioning, navigation, and timing capabilities.
- Turkey Set to Develop Its Own Missile Defense Shield Sputnik 18 Nov 2015 -- Turkey has officially abandoned its plans to purchase foreign-made parts for its missile defense shield for $3.4 billion and decided to develop its own project.
- China second only to the U.S. in terms of number of satellites: chief engineer People's Daily 17 Nov 2015 -- China currently has over 140 satellites in orbit with stable operation, second only to the U.S. in terms of satellite ownership, said a Chinese engineer from the national defense field at a satellite exhibition.
- Russia's Newest Defense Satellite Placed in Orbit, Contact Established Sputnik 17 Nov 2015 -- Russia's Defense Ministry established contact with it's latest satellite after it has been placed into target orbit.
- Putin on Space Industry: Russian Rockets Must Be Reliable and Competitive Sputnik 12 Nov 2015 -- President Vladimir Putin on Thursday urged the development of Russia's satellite grouping and the strengthening of Russia's position on space launch market as immediate priorities for the country's space industry.
- Russia developing systems to counter US missile system: Putin Press TV 10 Nov 2015 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin says Moscow is working on weapons systems to counter the US's so-called anti-missile shield.
- Putin: Russia Has Weapons Capable of Penetrating Any Missile Defenses Sputnik 10 Nov 2015 -- Russian defense companies have developed and successfully tested a number of advanced weapons systems capable of penetrating any missile defenses, President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday.
- US missile surveillance program on halt after blimp ran away Press TV 04 Nov 2015 -- The Pentagon has reportedly put on hold a costly missile surveillance program after one of its unmanned blimps broke away from its moorings.
- Space Station's 15th Year Is Testament To Global Cooperation RFE/RL 03 Nov 2015 -- The International Space Station marked its 15th year carrying astronauts around the Earth on November 2, a new milestone for the orbiting lab that some say deserves a Nobel Peace Prize.
- Russian Space Agency Signs Contracts for 31 Commercial Launches in 2015 Sputnik 03 Nov 2015 -- The Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) signed contracts for 31 commercial space launches in 2015, the agency's head Igor Komarov said Tuesday.
- Russia to Create New Space Launches Using Satan Ballistic Missiles by 2017 Sputnik 03 Nov 2015 -- The creation of new space launches using converted ballistic missiles, including the Satan, will be accomplished by 2017, a deputy director of a Rostech subsidiary said Tuesday.
- 45th Space Wing supports GPS satellite launch aboard Atlas V AFNS 02 Nov 2015 -- The 45th Space Wing supported the Air Force's 11th launch of a Boeing-built Global Positioning System IIF satellite aboard a United Launch Alliance Atlas V from Space Launch Complex 41 on Oct. 31.
- Russia to Develop Counter Measures to US Missile Defense System in Europe Sputnik 02 Nov 2015 -- Chief designer of the Russian 'Radio-Electronic Technology Concern' Yuri Majevski said that the enterprise is working on measures which would counter the deployment of the US anti-missile defense system in Europe.
- Ballistic Missile Defense System Demonstrates Layered Defense While Conducting Multiple Engagements in Operational Test MDA 01 Nov 2015 -- The U.S. Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Operational Test Agency, Joint Functional Component Command for Integrated Missile Defense, U.S. European Command, and U.S. Pacific Command conducted a complex operational flight test of the BMDS demonstrating a layered defense architecture.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|