14 December 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- NH Guard, Salvadoran Cyber Teams Strengthen Partnership Army News 14 Dec 2022 -- Backlit by the soft blue glow of nearly a dozen computer screens, a joint cyber team from the New Hampshire National Guard assessed El Salvador's burgeoning cyber unit during a State Partnership Program exchange Dec. 5-9.
- Readout of Second Joint Ransomware Task Force Meeting CISA 14 Dec 2022 -- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) co-chaired the second meeting today of the Joint Ransomware Task Force (JRTF), an inter-agency body established by Congress to unify and strengthen efforts against the ongoing threat of ransomware. The first JRTF meeting was held in September 2022.
- Treasury Sanctions Major Drug Trafficker in the Dominican Republic US Treasury 14 Dec 2022 -- Today, the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) designated Jose Calderon Rijo, a.k.a. "La AraĆ±a" (Calderon Rijo), pursuant to Executive Order (E.O.) 14059, for having engaged in, or attempted to engage in, activities or transactions that materially contributed to, or pose a significant risk of materially contributing to, the international proliferation of illicit drugs or their means of production.
- Minister: Pakistan Sharing with UN 'Indisputable' Evidence Linking India to Terrorism VOA 14 Dec 2022 -- A top foreign ministry official said Wednesday that Pakistan has traced "undeniable" and "indisputable" links between India and acts of terrorism on Pakistani soil, and that the evidence is being formally shared with the United Nations.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 14 Dec 2022
- Background Press Call on the Biden Administration's Winter Preparedness Plan for COVID-19 The White House 14 Dec 2022
- Funeral homes operating around the clock in COVID-hit Beijing: employees Radio Free Asia 14 Dec 2022 -- Funeral homes in Beijing are operating around the clock amid a surge of COVID-19 cases, with cremations now backed up for at least five days, funeral parlor staff told Radio Free Asia on Wednesday.
- China rolls out second booster shot for high-risk groups, the elderly and chronically ill Global Times 14 Dec 2022 -- China's top health body issued a plan to roll out second booster shot on Wednesday. Those from high-risk groups, the elderly and people with underlying diseases and weak immune systems who had received their first booster shot over six months ago will be the first to receive the second booster.
- China vows to guarantee access to medical services, COVID drugs amid surging demand Global Times 14 Dec 2022 -- The current priority of fighting COVID-19 is to guarantee the access for the public to medical services and medicine, especially timely, effective and convenient medical treatment for the elderly, pregnant women, children and people with underlying diseases, China's National Health Commission (NHC) emphasized on Wednesday.
- China launches second COVID-19 booster shot People's Daily 14 Dec 2022 -- China will offer a second COVID-19 booster dose to certain groups who had received their first booster shot more than six months ago, authorities said Wednesday.
- China no longer reports asymptomatic COVID cases; cities launch mini apps to upload antigen self-test results Global Times 14 Dec 2022 -- Starting from Wednesday, China no longer reports the number of asymptomatic COVID-19 cases, China's national health commission announced on Wednesday, saying that many experiencing symptom-free infections are no longer taking nucleic acid tests, making it difficult to provide a precise figure.
- China's market regulators step up crackdown on illegal pricing, sales of medicines, COVID test kits Global Times 14 Dec 2022 -- Market regulators across China's cities have initiated inspections targeting medicine, speculation regarding self-testing kits and illicit sales amid a surge in market demand.
- Chinese vice premier stresses need to ensure smooth transition of COVID-19 response phases People's Daily 14 Dec 2022 -- Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan on Tuesday stressed the importance of meticulously implementing various measures to optimize COVID-19 prevention and control, and ensuring the smooth transition of the country's COVID-19 response phases.
- Chinese mainland reports 2,249 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Dec 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported 2,249 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.
- Few elderly Chinese people report adverse reactions from COVID-19 vaccination People's Daily 14 Dec 2022 -- A leading Chinese immunologist on Tuesday said that not many people aged 60 and above have had adverse reactions to COVID-19 vaccination.
- China further optimizes COVID-19 response with new measures People's Daily 14 Dec 2022 -- Local authorities across China have soon made specific policies to implement the 10 new prevention and control measures recently rolled out by the country on further optimizing the COVID-19 response, so as to contain the epidemic in a more science-based and targeted manner.
- Iran registers zero COVID-19 deaths in 24 hours IRNA 14 Dec 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran stayed unchanged at 144,658 with another zero death day over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Taiwan reports 17,663 new COVID-19 cases, 37 deaths CNA 14 Dec 2022 -- Taiwan on Wednesday reported 17,663 new COVID-19 infections and 37 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|