08 December 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- G7 Cyber Expert Group Releases New Reports on Ransomware and Third-Party Risk US Treasury 08 Dec 2022 -- The G7 Cyber Expert Group (CEG) - which U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure (OCCIP) co-chairs alongside the Bank of England - recently released two reports addressing ransomware and third-party risk within the financial sector. These free and publicly available resources are intended to help financial sector entities better understand cybersecurity topics as agreed upon by a multilateral consensus.
- Disinformation: The European External Action Service and the EU Agency for Cybersecurity join forces to analyse the interplay between cybersecurity and Foreign Information Manipulation and Interference European External Action Service (EEAS) 08 Dec 2022 -- With broader hybrid threats crossing different domains, the European External Action Service (EEAS) and the European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA) publish today a joint report on the relation between cybersecurity and FIMI to better understand and adapt to the evolving threat landscape.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- The European Union and WHO further enhance their partnership for stronger pandemic preparedness and response WHO 08 Dec 2022
- WHO: COVID-19 Sets Back Global Malaria Efforts, Especially in Africa VOA 08 Dec 2022 -- The COVID-19 pandemic has set global malaria control efforts back, especially in Africa, the World Health Organization says.
- WHO Urges Vigilance as COVID-19 Pandemic Wanes in Africa VOA 08 Dec 2022 -- The World Health Organization reports COVID-19 cases are continuing their downward spiral in Africa but warns the pandemic is not over and nations must remain vigilant.
- China's Youth League hints that easing COVID curbs were sparked by protests Radio Free Asia 08 Dec 2022 -- The ruling Chinese Communist Party's Youth League appeared to suggest that the recent loosening of strict anti-virus controls was in response to the "white paper revolution" at the end of November, in which mostly young protesters held up blank sheets of printer paper in protest at curbs on free speech and movement.
- Loosening of China's strict COVID rules having mixed effects on the ground Radio Free Asia 08 Dec 2022 -- Residents of Chinese cities reported varying degrees of compliance with the country's loosened COVID-19 restrictions, with some saying it would take a long while for life to return to any semblance of normal.
- China releases guideline coaching COVID-19 patients to quarantine at home Global Times 08 Dec 2022 -- China's State Council on Thursday released a guideline coaching people who are confirmed positive for COVID-19 how to react to the infection at home, following the country's "more scientific and precise" COVID-19 response adjustment that allows silent carriers and mild cases to quarantine at home.
- Beijing releases two guidelines coaching residents and communities how to react to COVID infections Global Times 08 Dec 2022 -- How should residents and communities react to COVID-19 infections? Beijing health authorities on Thursday released two new guidelines for communities and residents who are confirmed positive for the virus while they quarantine at home, addressing common questions raised in the face of the country's continued optimization of its response to COVID-19.
- Shanghai to remove testing requirements for restaurants, indoor venues from Friday Global Times 08 Dec 2022 -- Shanghai on Thursday released more detailed measures as a part of implementation of China's newly released 10 new measures for optimizing COVID-19 response, including removing nucleic acid testing requirements for indoor entertainment venues and restaurants starting from Friday.
- Chinese cities implement newly issued measures to further optimize local response to COVID-19 Global Times 08 Dec 2022 -- Chinese cities continue to optimize their response to COVID-19 with many resuming business, removing testing requirements at transportation hubs from Thursday following the newly released 10 prevention and control measures by the State Council in light of the weakened virulence of Omicron.
- Over 37.55 mln people vaccinated for COVID-19 in Myanmar People's Daily 08 Dec 2022 -- Myanmar has vaccinated more than 37.55 million people for COVID-19 as of Tuesday, data from the Ministry of Health showed.
- Chinese mainland reports 4,031 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 08 Dec 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 4,031 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- Beijing scraps COVID test requirements for cinemas in latest optimization plan Global Times 08 Dec 2022 -- Beijing further optimized its COVID-19 response on Wednesday night following the release of new measures by China's State Council on Wednesday afternoon. The city's authorities said that more than 63 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine have now been taken.
- COVID-19 response further optimized with 10 new measures People's Daily 08 Dec 2022 -- China released a circular on further optimizing the COVID-19 response on Wednesday, announcing 10 prevention and control measures.
- COVID-19 kills 2 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 08 Dec 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 144,651 with two more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Taiwan reports 15,283 new COVID-19 cases, 37 deaths CNA 08 Dec 2022 -- Taiwan reported 15,283 new COVID-19 infections and 37 deaths on Thursday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- More Anti-epidemic Steps Taken in DPRK KCNA 08 Dec 2022 -- The Ryanggang Provincial Forestry Management Bureau in the DPRK has intensified anti-epidemic measures under the winter conditions.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|