26 October 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Hurricane Sandy: DLA Brought Relief to Millions Following Historic Storm DoD News 26 Oct 2022 -- Navy Vice Adm. Mark Harnitchek was guardedly confident when Pentagon officials called him in the fall of 2012 with a question from the president. Could the Defense Logistics Agency give gas to local stations after Hurricane Sandy had cut power and flooded swaths of New York and New Jersey.
- Security Council counter-terrorism body to review growing threat posed by new technologies UN News 26 Oct 2022 -- The United Nations Security Council Counter-Terrorism Committee holds a special meeting in Mumbai and New Delhi beginning on Friday, focused on the growing threat posed by new and emerging technologies.
- Gunmen Kill 15 in Attack on Iranian Holy Shrine VOA 26 Oct 2022 -- Gunmen in Iran opened fire inside a Shiite holy shine Wednesday evening, killing at least 15 people and wounding more than 40 others, according to official sources.
- Attack At Holy Site In Iran Kills At Least 13 As Iranians Mark 40 Days Since Mahsa Amini's Death RFE/RL 26 Oct 2022 -- Gunmen attacked a major Shi'ite holy site in the Iranian city of Shiraz on October 26, killing at least 13 people and wounding dozens, the IRNA state news agency said.
- Takfiri terrorist attack on holy shrine in Shiraz 'won't go unanswered', vows Raeisi Press TV 26 Oct 2022 -- Iran's President Ebrahim Raeisi has says the Islamic Republic will deliver a crushing response to those behind the Wednesday terrorist attack on the holy shrine of Shah Cheragh in the country's southwestern city of Shiraz.
- Terrorist attack on popular Shia shrine in south Iran kills more than a dozen Press TV 26 Oct 2022 -- More than a dozen people have been killed and several others injured after a heavily-armed terrorist attacked a popular Shia shrine in Iran's southwestern province of Fars on Wednesday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 26 Oct 2022
- Health experts concerned over triple threat of flu, COVID, RSV in U.S. People's Daily 26 Oct 2022 -- Respiratory viruses are spreading at high levels in the United States as temperatures begin to drop, causing the surge of pediatric cases across the country.
- Less than half COVID booster-eligible population in U.S. boosted People's Daily 26 Oct 2022 -- Less than half of the total booster-eligible population in the United States has received a COVID-19 booster dose, though health experts have warned of a new wave of infections in fall and winter.
- As COVID Funding Hangs in Balance, Biden Urges Americans to Get Boosters VOA 26 Oct 2022 -- President Joe Biden got his fourth COVID-19 shot Tuesday and urged all Americans to do the same, as White House officials urged Congress to approve their request for $22 billion to fund U.S. and global COVID response.
- Chinese mainland reports 297 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Oct 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported 297 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.
- Shanghai residents get 'convenient, sweet' inhaled COVID-19 vaccine booster doses Global Times 26 Oct 2022 -- Shanghai residents started to receive an inhaled adenovirus type-5 vector-based COVID-19 vaccine for booster doses on Wednesday as research has indicated that the booster can enhance immunity and offer prolonged protection.
- Macao SAR rolls out guidelines for COVID-19 prevention as tour group service for mainland tourists expected to resume soon Global Times 26 Oct 2022 -- The health authorities of Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) have rolled out COVID-19 prevention and control guidelines as group tourism from the Chinese mainland to the SAR is expected to resume in the near future, Macao's local media reported Wednesday.
- Protests break out in Tibetan capital against China's strict Covid restrictions Radio Free Asia 26 Oct 2022 -- Angry residents in the Tibetan regional capital of Lhasa took to the streets on Wednesday to protest the harsh COVID-19 lockdown that Chinese authorities have imposed on them for more than two months, Radio Free Asia has learned.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 219.57 Cr India PIB 26 Oct 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 219.57 Cr (2,19,57,62,231) as per provisional reports till 7 am today.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 26 Oct 2022
- COVID-19 kills 4 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 26 Oct 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 144,559 with four more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Taiwan records 40,317 new COVID-19 cases, 52 deaths CNA 26 Oct 2022 -- Taiwan reported 40,317 new COVID-19 infections, including 56 imported cases, and 52 deaths from the disease on Wednesday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan grants EUA for updated Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines CNA 26 Oct 2022 -- Taiwan on Wednesday granted emergency use authorization (EUA) to second-generation COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna, according to the Food and Drug Administration.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|