07 September 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Notice on the Continuation of the National Emergency With Respect to Foreign Interference In or Undermining Public Confidence in United States Elections The White House 07 Sep 2022
- Letter to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President of the Senate on the Continuation of the National Emergency With Respect to Foreign Interference In or Undermining Public Confidence in United States Elections The White House 07 Sep 2022
- White House Rejects Branding Russia A State Sponsor Of Terrorism RFE/RL 07 Sep 2022 -- The White House says it would be counterproductive to brand Russia a state sponsor of terrorism, rejecting calls from Ukraine and some U.S. lawmakers to take the step.
- White House explains Biden's decision not to label Russia 'state sponsor of terror' Press TV 07 Sep 2022 -- The White House has offered justification for US President Joe Biden's decision not to label Russia "a state sponsor of terror," claiming the designation would have harmed Ukraine.
- U.S. reports over 20,000 monkeypox cases People's Daily 07 Sep 2022 -- The United States has confirmed more than 20,000 monkeypox cases, according to the latest data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Albania Cuts Diplomatic Ties With Iran Over Cyberattack; Tehran Condemns Decision RFE/RL 07 Sep 2022 -- Albania has ordered Iranian officials out of the country and severed diplomatic relations with Tehran following an investigation into a cyberattack that it concluded was Iranian "state aggression" when it hit the Balkan country in July.
- UK condemns Iran for reckless cyber attack against Albania UK FCDO 07 Sep 2022 -- The UK has condemned the Iranian state for a cyber attack against Albania's government that destroyed data and disrupted essential government services.
- Statement by NSC Spokesperson Adrienne Watson on Iran's Cyberattack against Albania The White House 07 Sep 2022
- Iran Foreign Ministry strongly condemns Albania decision to cut ties IRNA 07 Sep 2022 -- Iran's Foreign Ministry on Wednesday strongly condemned Albania for cutting diplomatic ties with the Islamic Republic and called the anti-Iran allegations levelled by the southeastern European country unfounded.
- Iran denounces 'MKO host' Albania's move to sever ties as 'shortsighted' Press TV 07 Sep 2022 -- Iran has denounced the Albanian government's decision to sever diplomatic ties with Tehran as "shortsighted", dismissing the allegations of orchestrating the July cyber attack against the south European country as "baseless".
- Albania, host of anti-Iran terrorists, snaps diplomatic ties with Tehran Press TV 07 Sep 2022 -- Albania, which has for years hosted anti-Iran terrorists in criminal collusion with the US, on Wednesday severed diplomatic ties with Tehran, accusing it of orchestrating a "cyberattack" against Tirana.
- Albania Accuses Iran of Cyberattack and Breaks Off Diplomatic Relations, Prime Minister Says Sputnik 07 Sep 2022 -- Albania has severed diplomatic relations with Iran after accusing the latter of attempting a cyberattack against the Albanian public services online portal, Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama said on Wednesday.
- Department of State Cybersecurity Training Series Boosts Global Resilience Against Democratic People's Republic of Korea Malware US Dept. of State 07 Sep 2022 -- The Department of State's Bureau of Cyberspace and Digital Policy (CDP) is strengthening international capacity to counter Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) malware by sponsoring a training series for allies and partners around the world.
- Imported monkeypox case in HK 'not surprising, little threat to communities' Global Times 07 Sep 2022 -- Imported monkeypox cases are unsurprising and they pose a low threat to communities as long as cluster infections among the high-risk group are prevented and strict customs quarantine inspection is conducted, experts said, as China's Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) reported its first imported case of monkeypox while the city is preparing to resume travel with the Chinese mainland.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 07 Sep 2022
- Beijing reports school-related COVID-19 infections, advocates residents to stay put during Mid-Autumn Festival Global Times 07 Sep 2022 -- Beijing has reported 21 local COVID-19 infections from Tuesday to 3 pm on Wednesday, three of which were from a high school while the rest came from a university. Beijing health officials advocated residents to stay put during the upcoming Mid-Autumn Festival holiday on Saturday.
- Changchun reports first community-level infections related to previous in-hospital transmission Global Times 07 Sep 2022 -- Changchun, Northeast China's Jilin Province, reported its first community-level COVID-19 cases associated with a previous in-hospital transmission on Monday, five days after reporting the in-hospital transmission.
- Beijing tightens epidemic prevention on campus after flare-up of campus-related cluster infection reported Global Times 07 Sep 2022 -- Universities in Beijing tightened their epidemic prevention management after one confirmed infection and another five tested positive for COVID-19 in a latest campus-related cluster infection at a local university on Tuesday. Authorities warned of a grim situation of epidemic prevention.
- Italy greenlights Omicron-adapted COVID-19 booster shots People's Daily 07 Sep 2022 -- The Italian Medicines Agency (AIFA) on Tuesday gave its approval to the distribution of two coronavirus vaccines specifically tailored to confront the spread of the Omicron variant of the virus.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 213.91 Cr India PIB 07 Sep 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 213.91 Cr (2,13,91,49,934) as per provisional reports till 7 am today.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 600 India PIB 07 Sep 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 214.23 Crore (2,14,23,00,557) today. More than 30 lakh (30,45,593) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 07 Sep 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 07 Sep 2022
- COVID-19 kills 37 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 07 Sep 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 144,085 with 37 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Taiwan reports 41,296 new COVID-19 cases, 26 deaths CNA 07 Sep 2022 -- Taiwan on Wednesday reported 41,296 new cases of COVID-19 and 26 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan eyeing late September for rollout of updated COVID vaccines CNA 07 Sep 2022 -- Taiwan expects to receive 3 million doses of Moderna's second-generation COVID-19 vaccine in the coming weeks and begin administering them by late September, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Wednesday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|