25 August 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- How U.S. Cyber Command, NSA Are Defending Midterm Elections: One Team, One Fight DoD News 25 Aug 2022 -- With 75 days until the midterm elections, the Defense Department is fully engaged to defend the U.S. electoral system from foreign interference and foreign influence alongside interagency partners.
- Treasury Announces Cyber Security Cooperation Memorandum of Understanding with the State of Israel US Treasury 25 Aug 2022 -- The U.S. Department of the Treasury and the Ministry of Finance of the State of Israel (MOF) announced the finalization of a bilateral Memorandum of Understanding ("MoU") on Cybersecurity Cooperation. The MoU builds on U.S. Deputy Secretary of the Treasury Wally Adeyemo's visit to Israel in November 2021 that established a bilateral partnership to protect critical infrastructure in the financial sector and recognized the importance of deepening cooperation on cybersecurity to protect the integrity of the international financial system.
- WHO Says Global Monkeypox Cases Down 20% VOA 25 Aug 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) said Thursday the number of new monkeypox cases fell 20% globally last week, but new cases increased in the Americas and said there is still "intense transmission" of the disease.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- World reaches 'tragic milestone' of one million COVID-19 deaths so far in 2022 UN News 25 Aug 2022 -- There have been one million COVID-19 deaths so far this year - a "tragic milestone" that must lead to more people being vaccinated against the disease, World Health Organization (WHO) chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus reported on Thursday.
- Chinese CDC allows simultaneous flu, COVID shots for adults to avoid 'twindemic' scenario Global Times 25 Aug 2022 -- The Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released technical guidelines for influenza vaccination for 2022 to 2023 on Thursday, as China's southern regions saw a peak flu season in the summer and the country moves to a avoid a possible "twindemic" scenario of COVID-19 and influenza in the upcoming winter and the spring in 2023.
- China no longer requires COVID test info for international arrivals, as it further eases restrictions Global Times 25 Aug 2022 -- China is moving further to ease anti-COVID-19 restrictions on international arrivals, with the new health declaration form issued by the General Administration of Customs on Thursday scrapping requirements for visitors to report information regarding nucleic acid test results, their infection status and vaccination dates.
- Chongqing residents queue for mass testing in searing heat as wildfires rage Radio Free Asia 25 Aug 2022 -- Millions of residents of the southwestern Chinese city of Chongqing are being ordered out to line up for mass COVID-19 tests across the city in a heatwave that has sparked a three-day-long wildfire in the nearby hills and dried up a major local river.
- Chinese mainland reports 345 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 25 Aug 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 345 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 217 were in Hainan Province, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 210.82 Cr India PIB 25 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 210.82 Cr (2,10,82,34,347) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,80,58,526 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 587 India PIB 25 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 211 Crore (2,11,09,38,218) landmark milestone today. More than 25 lakh (25,92,216) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 25 Aug 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 25 Aug 2022
- COVID-19 kills 62 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 25 Aug 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 143,612 with 62 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Taiwan reports 27,275 new COVID-19 cases, 37 deaths CNA 25 Aug 2022 -- Taiwan on Thursday reported 27,275 new cases of COVID-19 and 37 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Measures Taken for Suspect Cases in Ryanggang Province KCNA 25 Aug 2022 -- According to information of the State Emergency Epidemic Prevention Headquarters, four fever cases suspected of being infected with malignant epidemic occurred at a unit in Ryanggang Province, the DPRK on August 23.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|