09 August 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Continuing our support to the fight against Daesh as it expands to new theatres UK FCDO 09 Aug 2022 -- Statement by Alice Jacobs, UK Deputy Political Coordinator at the UN, at the Security Council briefing on counter-terrorism
- Da'esh, affiliates remain 'global and evolving' threat, Security Council hears UN News 09 Aug 2022 -- In a joint briefing to the Security Council on Tuesday, UN counterterrorism officials confirmed that the threat posed by Da'esh terrorist fighters and their affiliates remains "global and evolving".
- Deputy Special Representative for the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) Pak Meeting with Republic of Korea (ROK) Officials to Address the DPRK Cyber Threat US Dept. of State 09 Aug 2022 -- Today, Deputy Special Representative for the DPRK Dr. Jung Pak hosted ROK Director General for North Korean Nuclear Affairs Lee Taewoo and a delegation of technical and policy experts to discuss the increasing DPRK cyber threat.
- Memorandum on Continuation of U.S. Drug Interdiction Assistance to the Government of Colombia The White House 09 Aug 2022
- China's Shandong and Henan detect new zoonotic virus, 35 people reportedly infected Global Times 09 Aug 2022 -- A new type of animal-derived Henipavirus (also named Langya henipavirus, LayV) that can infect humans has been found in East China's Shandong Province and Central China's Henan Province, and has so far infected 35 people in the two provinces, according to an article published in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) by scientists from China and Singapore.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- China's border regions face test on capability in handling COVID-19 as Xinjiang, Xizang register flare-ups Global Times 09 Aug 2022 -- Just as Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region grapples with Omicron variants, its neighboring Xizang (Tibet) Autonomous Region in Southwest China reported 27 cases on Tuesday, testing the border regions' capability in handling COVID-19.
- COVID-19 infections rise in Xinjiang, said to be spread by Chinese tourists Radio Free Asia 09 Aug 2022 -- Authorities in Xinjiang are implementing new lockdowns in response to a coronavirus outbreak thought to have originated with Chinese tourists who visited the western region's Ili Kazakh Autonomous Prefecture, local officials said.
- Hong Kong to roll out Chinese-style COVID-19 traffic light system for new arrivals Radio Free Asia 09 Aug 2022 -- Authorities in Hong Kong are rolling out a "traffic-lights" COVID-19 system already in use in mainland China this week, sparking concerns that the system could be used to target critics of the government.
- HKSAR cuts hotel quarantine for inbound travelers to 3 days People's Daily 09 Aug 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) will shorten the COVID-19 hotel quarantine period for inbound travelers flying from overseas or Taiwan to three days from the previous seven days starting Friday, the HKSAR government announced Monday.
- Chinese mainland reports 350 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 09 Aug 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported 350 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 300 were in Hainan Province, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- Over 8,500 people dispatched to help fight COVID-19 epidemic in China's Hainan People's Daily 09 Aug 2022 -- More than 8,500 people from 18 provinces across China have been organized to help the island province of Hainan in fighting the latest COVID-19 outbreak, the provincial COVID-19 prevention and control headquarters said Monday.
- COVID-19 vaccines: Commission and Moderna adapt delivery schedules for late summer and winter European Commission 09 Aug 2022 -- The European Commission and Moderna have reached an agreement to better address Member States needs for COVID-19 vaccines for the late summer and winter period. This will ensure national authorities have access to the vaccines, including variant-adapted vaccines if authorised, at the time they need them for their own vaccination campaigns and to support their global partners.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 206.88 Cr India PIB 09 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 206.88 Cr (2,06,88,49,775) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,74,59,679 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 571 India PIB 09 Aug 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed207.01Crore(2,07,01,89,438)today. More than12lakh (12,08,200) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 09 Aug 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 09 Aug 2022
- COVID-19 kills 49 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 09 Aug 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 142,564 with 49 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Taiwan reports 23,669 new COVID-19 cases, 18 deaths CNA 09 Aug 2022 -- Taiwan reported 23,669 new cases of COVID-19, all but 211 of which were domestic infections, and 18 deaths from the disease on Tuesday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Stability of Anti-epidemic Situation Guaranteed in DPRK KCNA 09 Aug 2022 -- All sectors and units of the DPRK focus all their efforts on completely realizing the voluntary unity of all the people in thinking and action under the stable anti-epidemic situation.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 09 Aug 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency anti-epidemic headquarters, no new COVID-19 fever cases were reported from 18:00 of August 7 to 18:00 of August 8 throughout the country. -0-
- Stability of Anti-epidemic Situation Improved in DPRK KCNA 09 Aug 2022 -- All sectors and units in the DPRK focus efforts on completely implementing unity of thought and action and voluntary cooperation as stability of the anti-epidemic situation becomes more defined.
- Lhasa's rare COVID flare-up caused by imported Omicron subvariant BA.2.76 Global Times 09 Aug 2022 -- The COVID-19 cases detected in Lhasa, capital of Southwest China's Xizang (Tibet) Autonomous Region was believed to be a family cluster infection caused by imported Omicron subvariant BA.2.76, said a local health official based on gene sequencing tests at a press conference on Tuesday morning.
- Tibet's Lhasa reports 18 positive COVID-19 cases People's Daily 09 Aug 2022 -- Lhasa, the capital city of southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region, on Sunday reported 18 positive COVID-19 test results after it conducted nucleic acid testing among key population groups, local authorities have said.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|