28 July 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Rewards for Justice - Reward Offer for Information on Russian Interference in U.S. Elections US Dept. of State 28 Jul 2022 -- The U.S. Department of State's Rewards for Justice (RFJ) program, administered by the Diplomatic Security Service, is offering a reward of up to $10 million for information on foreign interference in U.S. elections.
- U.S. Offers $10 Million Reward For Information On Russian Election Interference RFE/RL 28 Jul 2022 -- The United States is offering a reward of up to $10 million for information on Russian interference in U.S. elections.
- US Offers Up To $10Mln Reward for Info on Russia's Internet Research Agency, Prigozhin Sputnik 28 Jul 2022 -- The United States is offering up to a $10 million reward for information about Russia's Internet Research Agency, businessman Yevgeniy Prigozhin and others allegedly linked to interference in US elections, the State Department said on Thursday.
- WHO says monkeypox outbreak can be stopped if needed actions taken People's Daily 28 Jul 2022 -- The rapidly spreading monkeypox outbreak can be stopped if countries, communities and individuals take the risks seriously and take needed steps to stop transmission and protect vulnerable groups, World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Wednesday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO: New Vaccines Must Be Developed to Keep Pace With COVID Variants VOA 28 Jul 2022 -- The World Health Organization is calling for greater investment in the development of new vaccines to keep pace with the rapidly evolving variants of the coronavirus.
- Biden urges precautions as Omicron subvariant BA.5 spreads in U.S. People's Daily 28 Jul 2022 -- U.S. President Joe Biden on Wednesday urged precautions as the Omicron BA.5 subvariant of COVID-19 continues to spread in the country.
- Chinese mainland reports 86 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 28 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Wednesday reported 86 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 32 in Guangxi, 23 in Gansu and 17 in Sichuan, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- More test kits distributed in Hong Kong after detection of COVID-19 virus in sewage samples People's Daily 28 Jul 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said on Wednesday that it would distribute 315,000 COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- India's daily COVID-19 caseload surpasses 20,000 mark People's Daily 28 Jul 2022 -- India's daily COVID-19 caseload Thursday surpassed the 20,000 mark again after remaining below it for the past three days, officials said.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 203.21 Cr India PIB 28 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 203.21 Cr (2,03,21,82,347) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,68,70,726 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 559 India PIB 28 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 203.56 Crore (2,03,56,34,150) today. More than 32 lakh (32,73,929) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 28 Jul 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 28 Jul 2022
- COVID-19 kills 42 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 28 Jul 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,837 with 42 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Taiwan reports 23,971 new COVID-19 cases, 62 deaths CNA 28 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan recorded 23,971 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, all but 149 of which were domestic infections, and 62 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Physical and Technical Measures Taken to Cope with Future Epidemic Threats KCNA 28 Jul 2022 -- All the sectors and units of the DPRK are intensifying the work to complete the campaign for stamping out the malignant epidemic virus and improve the method for controlling various kinds of epidemic diseases and conduct the anti-epidemic work in a more offensive way.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 28 Jul 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency anti-epidemic headquarters, 11 fever cases, with 18 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of July 26 to 18:00 of July 27 throughout the country.
- Almost half of adult Australians have recently had COVID-19: research People's Daily 28 Jul 2022 -- Nearly half of all adults in Australia show signs of having had COVID-19 within the past three to six months, according to a new national report.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|