23 July 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Second meeting of the International Health Regulations (2005) (IHR) Emergency Committee regarding the multi-country outbreak of monkeypox WHO 23 Jul 2022
- Monkeypox declared a global health emergency by the World Health Organization UN News 23 Jul 2022 -- Monkeypox is an outbreak that has spread around the world rapidly, through new modes of transmission about which we understand 'too little', and which meets the criteria of an emergency under International Health Regulations.
- Monkeypox Declared Global Health Emergency VOA 23 Jul 2022 -- World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus used his authority Saturday to declare Monkeypox a public health emergency of international concern. The action comes after an Emergency Committee convened to review the situation was unable to reach consensus.
- WHO Chief Declares Monkeypox Outbreak Public Health Emergency of Int'l Concern Sputnik 23 Jul 2022 -- Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director-general of the World Health Organization (WHO), on Saturday declared the current monkeypox outbreak a public health emergency of international concern.
- Statement from Raj Panjabi, Director of White House Pandemic Preparedness Office, on World Health Organization Declaration on Monkeypox The White House 23 Jul 2022
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- WHO Updates COVID-19 Strategy to Vaccinate Those at the Most Risk VOA 23 Jul 2022 -- The World Health Organization said Friday it has updated its global COVID-19 vaccine strategy to prioritize reaching those most at risk from the disease.
- Vaccination of Chinese incumbent Party, state leaders assures shots' safety, promotes inoculation among elderly Global Times 23 Jul 2022 -- China's incumbent Party and state leaders have all been vaccinated with domestic COVID-19 vaccines, a Chinese health official confirmed at a press conference on Saturday. With the news released at a time when China is going all out to promote vaccination among the elderly, experts said that it showed the leaders' confidence in domestic vaccines and would help encourage more elderly people to get vaccinated.
- Chinese mainland reports 128 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 23 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Friday reported 128 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 42 in Gansu and 35 in Guangxi, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- Macao reports no new community COVID-19 cases, eases restrictions People's Daily 23 Jul 2022 -- China's Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) reported no new COVID-19 cases in the community on Thursday, according to the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center of Macao on Friday.
- HKSAR gov't appeals to support from residential care homes, healthcare in expediting vaccination People's Daily 23 Jul 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government on Friday appealed to support from residential care homes (RCHs) and healthcare organizations for new measures to boost the COVID-19 vaccination rate and better protect the elderly and persons with disabilities.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 201.68 Cr India PIB 23 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 201.68 Cr (2,01,68,14,771) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,66,09,306 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 554 India PIB 23 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed201.96Crore(2,01,96,24,886)today. More than26lakh (26,39,821) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 23 Jul 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 23 Jul 2022
- COVID-19 kills 26 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 23 Jul 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,650 with 26 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 22,595 new COVID-19 cases, 53 deaths CNA 23 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan reported 22,595 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, all but 248 of which were domestic infections, and 53 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 23 Jul 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency anti-epidemic headquarters, more than 120 fever cases, with over 100 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of July 21 to 18:00 of July 22 throughout the country.
- Anti-epidemic Measures Implemented in DPRK KCNA 23 Jul 2022 -- All the sectors and units direct efforts on ensuring the stability of an anti-epidemic environment and radically developing the state anti-epidemic foundation and strive to perfectly implement the overall anti-epidemic policies, guidelines and measures.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|