14 July 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- NATO and the European Union work together to counter cyber threats NATO 14 Jul 2022 -- Following the NATO Summit in Madrid last month, senior officials from NATO and the European Union (EU) met today (14 July 2022) to take stock of recent developments in the cyber threat landscape and explore further areas of engagement on cyber defence.
- BiH confirms first monkeypox case People's Daily 14 Jul 2022 -- Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) has confirmed its first case of monkeypox, the official FENA news agency reported Wednesday.
- U.S. stumbles in monkeypox response: report People's Daily 14 Jul 2022 -- The United States has had a faltering response to the monkeypox outbreak, with confirmed cases jumping to 700 in the two months since outbreaks were first detected and clinics across the country struggling to meet the demand for effective vaccines, reported The Hill on Monday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- COVID-19 Global Action Plan Ministerial US Dept. of State 14 Jul 2022 -- As the world continues to grapple with COVID-19's far-reaching impacts and the emergence of new variants, there remains an urgent need for political and diplomatic engagement and coordination to accelerate progress to end the acute phase of the COVID-19 pandemic and strengthen health security.
- Latest Omicron-fueled Lanzhou flare-up shows upward trend with transmission detected in communities Global Times 14 Jul 2022 -- The latest COVID-19 flare-up in Lanzhou city, Northwest Gansu Province is in the rising period with transmission of highly contagious Omicron subvariant BA.2.38 in communities detected.
- Chinese mainland reports 86 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Wednesday reported 86 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 36 in Gansu and 32 in Guangdong, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- S.China's Zhuhai refutes lockdown rumor after kindergarten cluster infection Global Times 14 Jul 2022 -- Zhuhai in South China's Guangdong Province refuted the rumor that the city will be put under lockdown due to the latest COVID-19 resurgence. The city has punished three rumor makers with administrative detention and a fine.
- Over 172,000 people in Hong Kong take 4th dose of COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 14 Jul 2022 -- A total of 172,941 people in Hong Kong have taken a fourth dose of COVID-19 vaccines, official data showed Wednesday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 199.27 Cr India PIB 14 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 199.27 Cr (1,99,27,27,559) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,61,97,150 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 545 India PIB 14 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 199.44 Crore (1,99,44,72,253) today. More than 16 lakh (16,32,789) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 14 Jul 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 14 Jul 2022
- 8 Iranians die due to COVID-19 in past 24 hours IRNA 14 Jul 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,464 with 8 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Taiwan reports 27,684 new COVID-19 cases, 89 deaths CNA 14 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan reported 27,684 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, all but 87 of which were domestic infections, and 89 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Anti-epidemic Capability against Climate Change Reinforced KCNA 14 Jul 2022 -- Foresighted anti-epidemic counter-measures are taken timely in the DPRK to cope with downpour and gale that have hit the country as a whole recently due to the seasonal rainy front.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 14 Jul 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 560 fever cases, with over 820 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of July 12 to 18:00 of July 13 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|