11 July 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- DHS Update on Border Wall Remediation Efforts DHS 11 Jul 2022 -- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) today announced that U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will prioritize remaining prior year border barrier funding for environmental remediation and mitigation, as well as for installing updates - such as lighting, cameras, and detection technology - in places with previously built barrier.
- Cooperation with Mexico Results in Treasury Sanctions of Arms Trafficker Tied to Major Drug Cartel US Treasury 11 Jul 2022 -- Today, the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) designated an individual engaged in the trafficking of high-caliber firearms from the United States to one of Mexico's most powerful drug organizations. OFAC designated Obed Christian Sepulveda Portillo pursuant to Executive Order (E.O.) 14059 for acting for or on behalf of the Cartel de Jalisco Nueva Generacion (CJNG), a violent drug trafficking organization based in Mexico responsible for a significant proportion of fentanyl and other deadly drugs trafficked into the United States.
- Terror Attacks Possible in Abuja After Prison Break, Security Experts Say VOA 11 Jul 2022 -- Nigerian security forces are searching for hundreds of prisoners who escaped an Abuja jail on July 5, including more than 60 convicted of terrorism. Security experts say the attack showed that Islamist militant groups thought to be rivals may be cooperating and warn more attacks are likely.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Shanghai launches new round of mass testing to tackle new Omicron subvariant Global Times 11 Jul 2022 -- More than half of all districts in Shanghai will start a three-day mass nucleic acid testing on Tuesday as the city is in a tug-of-war against a new wave of COVID-19, which has seen 319 positive cases, with the city designating one high-risk and 37 medium-risk areas.
- Shanghai govt stresses employers cannot fire or refuse to hire employees because of past COVID-19 infection following media reports of work discrimination Global Times 11 Jul 2022 -- Shanghai government spokesperson Yin Xin stressed on Monday that companies cannot refuse to hire applicants because they have been previously infected with COVID-19, responding to previous public calls on this situation reported in the media.
- Chinese mainland reports 46 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Sunday reported 46 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 17 in Guangdong and nine in Anhui, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- Hong Kong to distribute 290,000 RAT kits following sewage COVID-19 detection People's Daily 11 Jul 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Sunday that it will distribute around 290,000 sets of COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- Hong Kong mulls rollout of health code amid fifth COVID wave Global Times 11 Jul 2022 -- To speed up the detection of COVID infections among communities as Hong Kong's fifth wave of the epidemic saw a daily increase exceeding 3,000, local health authorities are mulling the rollout of health codes adopted by the Chinese mainland and the Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR).
- AstraZeneca's preventive COVID-19 therapy administered in Hainan, hospitals 'considers double dosage against BA.4 and 5 subvariants' Global Times 11 Jul 2022 -- Evusheld, AstraZeneca's preventive COVID-19 therapy, had been used on two healthy subjects on July 9 in a hospital in South China's Hainan Province. The drug, sold at 13,300 yuan ($1,985) for two injections, reportedly could provide protection for at least six months. However, considering the potential for an epidemic caused by the BA.4 and 5 subvariants, it requires a higher dosage of neutralizing antibodies to provide protection, media reported on Sunday citing experts.
- Shanghai to build its first nucleic acid testing industrial park Global Times 11 Jul 2022 -- Shanghai's first nucleic acid industrial park will start construction in the Shanghai Hangzhou Bay Economic & Technological Development Park in the middle of July, with a planned area of 3 square kilometers. A 720-mu (48 hectares) of pilot area will be built for the nucleic acid industries during the early phase, media reports said.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 198.88 Cr India PIB 11 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 198.88 Cr (1,98,88,77,537) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,60,96,863 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 542 India PIB 11 Jul 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 198.99 Crore (1,98,99,21,302) today. More than 9 lakh (9,28,732) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 11 Jul 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 11 Jul 2022
- India reports 16,678 fresh cases amid fears of new COVID-19 sub-variants People's Daily 11 Jul 2022 -- India reported 16,678 fresh cases amid fears of new COVID-19 sub-variants, taking the total tally to 43,639,329, the data released by the country's federal health ministry showed Monday.
- 5 Iranians die due to COVID-19 in past 24 hours IRNA 11 Jul 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,444 with 5 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Taiwan reports 19,131 new COVID-19 cases, 96 deaths CNA 11 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan reported 19,131 new COVID-19 cases on Monday, all but 80 of which were domestic infections, and 96 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Guide for Treating Aftereffects of COVID-19 Issued in DPRK KCNA 11 Jul 2022 -- Amid the intensified work to finally defuse the epidemic crisis and restore the anti-epidemic stability, a guide for treating aftereffects of COVID-19 was issued to curative and preventive organs at all levels in the capital and local areas and to the relevant units.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 11 Jul 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 1 240 fever cases, with over 1 630 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of July 9 to 18:00 of July 10 throughout the DPRK.
- Protective Anti-Epidemic Stance Taken in DPRK KCNA 11 Jul 2022 -- All sectors and units of the DPRK are making every effort to preserve the protective anti-epidemic stance in keeping with the current nationwide stable epidemic situation.
- Philippine president recovering from COVID-19: official People's Daily 11 Jul 2022 -- Press Secretary Rose Beatrix Cruz-Angeles has said that Philippine President Ferdinand Romualdez Marcos is recovering from COVID-19.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|