27 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Credit Suisse found guilty of laundering drug mafia's profits Press TV 27 Jun 2022 -- Swiss bank Credit Suisse has been fined by the country's federal criminal court in a money laundering case linked to a drugs gang.
- UN drug report shines light on cannabis, cocaine and methamphetamine trends UN News 27 Jun 2022 -- Legalized cannabis use in some countries and states appears to have accelerated daily use and related health impacts, the UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) revealed in a new report released on Monday.
- MONEYVAL calls on Bulgaria to improve use of financial intelligence, investigation and prosecution and the confiscations regime Council of Europe 27 Jun 2022 -- In a new report the Council of Europe's anti-money laundering body MONEYVAL draws up a comprehensive assessment of the country's level of compliance with the Recommendations by the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) as at the date of the onsite visit in September 2021.
- Iranian Steel Firm Halts Production After Cyberattack RFE/RL 27 Jun 2022 -- One of Iran's biggest steel companies said on June 27 that it was forced to halt its operations until further notice after being targeted by a cyberattack.
- Major Iranian steel company says cyberattack thwarted Press TV 27 Jun 2022 -- One of Iran's major steel companies says it foiled a cyberattack apparently targeting the country's strategic industrial sector.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Chinese company faces hefty bill to quarantine 300 North Korean workers Radio Free Asia 27 Jun 2022 -- A clothing company in China must pay U.S. $1,500 to quarantine each of its 300 North Korean workers after some of them tested positive for COVID-19, sources in China told RFA.
- Beijing schools resume in-person classes, 2 months after resurgence of virus Global Times 27 Jun 2022 -- Early on Monday morning, Beijing's primary and middle school students who have been staying at home taking online classes for nearly two months due to the resurgence of COVID-19, returned to campus in light drizzle following strict epidemic prevention and control measures. Health experts said the school resumption, around 20 days before the summer holidays, can serve as a test for regular epidemic measures, and some measures may be adjusted under the dynamic zero-COVID-19 policy to better prevent outbreaks on campus.
- Flu spreads rapidly in southern China, possibly linked to COVID-19 controls: experts Global Times 27 Jun 2022 -- The positive rate of the influenza viruses dominated by the influenza A (H3N2) subtype in southern China has continued to rise, with some regions seeing a spike in cases surpassing that of winter, according to data released by the Chinese National Influenza Center (CNIC).
- Chinese mainland reports 5 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Sunday reported five locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, three of which were in Beijing and two in Shanghai, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- Beijing reports 2 new local COVID-19 infections People's Daily 27 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported two new locally transmitted COVID-19 infections during the first 15 hours of Sunday, according to local authorities.
- Shanghai reports two asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Jun 2022 -- Shanghai reported two local asymptomatic COVID-19 infections between midnight and 5 p.m. Sunday, the municipal health commission said at a press conference.
- Hong Kong to distribute 190,000 RAT kits following sewage COVID-19 detection People's Daily 27 Jun 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Sunday that it will distribute around 190,000 sets of COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 197.11 Cr India PIB 27 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 197.11 Cr (1,97,11,91,329) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,56,08,118 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 528 India PIB 27 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 197.28 Crore (1,97,28,75,825) today. More than 16 lakh (16,56,479) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 27 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 27 Jun 2022
- COVID-19 kills 1 more Iranian over past 24 hours IRNA 27 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,386 with one more Iranian killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Taiwan reports 28,580 new COVID-19 cases, 91 deaths CNA 27 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 28,580 new COVID-19 cases on Monday, all but 91 of which were domestic infections, and 91 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports 61 new cases of latest COVID Omicron subvariants CNA 27 Jun 2022 -- Sixty-one people who recently arrived in Taiwan were found to be infected with either the Omicron BA.4 or BA.5 subvariant of the COVID-19 virus, but no domestic cases of those new subvariants have been detected so far, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Monday.
- Anti-epidemic Campaign Intensified KCNA 27 Jun 2022 -- As a part of the party-wide and nation-wide anti-epidemic campaign for finally defusing the present health crisis, Phyongwon County of South Phyongan Province in the DPRK is intensifying the anti-epidemic work.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 27 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 7 300 fever cases, with over 9 090 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of June 25 to 18:00 of June 26 throughout the country.
- Anti-epidemic Measures Intensified in DPRK KCNA 27 Jun 2022 -- Emergency anti-epidemic work is directed to thoroughly checking the inroad and spread of new epidemics which strike the world recently.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|