26 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- WHO Acknowledges 'Emergency Nature' of Monkeypox Outbreak Sputnik 26 Jun 2022 -- The current monkeypox outbreak needs urgent response efforts but does not constitute an emergency of international scale, World Health Organization's (WHO) International Health Regulations (IHR) Emergency Committee has concluded.
- Multi-country monkeypox outbreak not public health emergency: WHO People's Daily 26 Jun 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) on Saturday said the latest monkeypox spread in over 50 countries does not constitute a Public Health Emergency of International Concern, the highest level of alert the WHO can issue.
- UK supports new international drive to prevent and prepare for future pandemics Gov.UK 26 Jun 2022 -- Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced Â£25 million of UK aid backing for a new fund to ensure the world is better prepared to defeat future pandemics.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Epidemic situation remains grim and complex in Dandong with more sporadic COVID-19 cases expected Global Times 26 Jun 2022 -- With sporadic cases from unknown sources reported in Dandong, Northeast China's Liaoning Province, experts noted the epidemic prevention and control situation in the city bordering North Korea remains grim and complex as the risk of a large-scale rebound of epidemic still exists.
- 76 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 26 Jun 2022 -- A total of 76 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Saturday, the National Health Commission said in its Sunday report.
- Chinese mainland reports 2 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Saturday reported two locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, which were in Beijing and Guangdong respectively, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Hong Kong to distribute 220,000 RAT kits following sewage COVID-19 detection People's Daily 26 Jun 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Saturday that it will distribute around 220,000 sets of COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 197.08 Cr India PIB 26 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 197.08 Cr (1,97,08,51,580) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,55,80,569 sessions.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 26 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 26 Jun 2022
- COVID-19 kills 2 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 26 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,385 with two more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Taiwan reports 39,646 new COVID-19 cases, 134 deaths CNA 26 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 39,646 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, all but 60 domestically transmitted, and 134 deaths from the disease.
- Taiwan issues guidelines for monkeypox risk assessment, control CNA 26 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan's Centers for Disease Control (CDC) released guidelines on monkeypox risk assessment and corresponding control measures on Saturday, one day after the country reported its first case of the viral disease.
- Work for Preventing Outbreak of Epidemic Diseases Brisk in DPRK KCNA 26 Jun 2022 -- Hygienic and anti-epidemic institutions in the DPRK intensify the campaign to prevent the outbreak of various epidemic diseases.
- North Korea Taking Measures to Prevent Virus Spread, Reports Say Sputnik 26 Jun 2022 -- North Korea is taking measures to eradicate COVID-19 and prevent the emergence of other outbreaks, such as monkeypox, the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reports.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 26 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 8 920 fever cases, with over 10 600 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of June 24 to 18:00 of June 25 throughout the country.
- Anti-Epidemic System Bolstered in DPRK KCNA 26 Jun 2022 -- The emergency anti-epidemic work in the DPRK is now focused on preventing the spread of the pandemic diseases that may break out due to seasonal factors.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|