09 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Russia warns West: Cyberattacks could lead to 'direct military clash' Press TV 09 Jun 2022 -- Russia has warned the West that cyberattacks against its infrastructures could lead to "direct military" confrontation between the two sides.
- Australian High Court Rules Government Cannot Strip Citizenship of Dual Nationals Suspected of Terrorism VOA 09 Jun 2022 -- Australia's High Court Wednesday struck down the power of the country's government to strip the Australian citizenship of dual nationals suspected of affiliation with international terrorist groups.
- Delivering justice for the victims and survivors of ISIL atrocities UK FCDO 09 Jun 2022 -- Statement by Fergus Eckersley, UK Political Coordinator at the UN, at the UN Security Council briefing on Iraq
- Terrorism deaths down globally, but up in Africa: UN chief People's Daily 09 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from terrorist attacks is down globally but increasing in Africa, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said on Wednesday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials The White House 09 Jun 2022
- Background Press Call on the Administration's Operational Plan for Vaccinating Children Under Five Against COVID-19 The White House 09 Jun 2022
- Nucleic acid testing should not be a 'new normal' in non-epidemic regions: top health authority Global Times 09 Jun 2022 -- Cities and regions should avoid instituting mass nucleic acid testing blindly and getting tests should not be a "new normal" in non-epidemic regions in China, the National Health Commission (NHC) said on Thursday, dismissing arbitrary expansion of testing scope in all circumstances.
- N.China's Hebei slammed for adopting one-size-fits-all COVID-19 epidemic quarantine policy Global Times 09 Jun 2022 -- North China's Hebei Province hit top trending topic on social media after local governments were accused of adopting a one-size-fits-all approach in their COVID-19 epidemic quarantine policy.
- Beijing's Chaoyang district closes entertainment venues again after detection of cluster cases in bars Global Times 09 Jun 2022 -- Chaoyang district in Beijing, originally the epicenter of the latest flare-up of Omicron in the capital city, ordered all entertainment venues and fitness venues and training institutions in basements to suspend operations from Thursday afternoon, after nucleic acid samples in Changping and Chaoyang districts tested positive on Thursday, with cases involving cluster infections at bars.
- Rumor about citywide 'carpet screening' of COVID and lockdown in steps in Shanghai refuted Global Times 09 Jun 2022 -- The rumor that circulated in Shanghai that "carpet-style" mass nucleic acid testing and lockdown of the city's communities in steps will be carried out citywide has been refuted by the local anti-rumor platform on Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 53 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 09 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Wednesday reported 53 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 37 in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- 145 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 09 Jun 2022 -- A total of 145 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Wednesday, the National Health Commission said in its Thursday report.
- Shanghai reports 4 confirmed, 5 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 09 Jun 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported four confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and five local asymptomatic cases on Wednesday, the municipal health commission said Thursday.
- Beijing reports zero local COVID-19 infections People's Daily 09 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases during the first 15 hours of Wednesday, according to local authorities.
- Hong Kong to distribute about 190,000 RAT kits following sewage COVID-19 detection People's Daily 09 Jun 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Wednesday that it will distribute around 190,000 sets of COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 194.59 Cr India PIB 09 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 194.59 Cr (1,94,59,81,691) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,48,87,047 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 510 India PIB 09 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 194.74 Crore (1,94,74,38,014) today. More than 13 lakh (13,28,975) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 09 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 09 Jun 2022
- COVID-19 kills 1 Iranian over past 24 hours IRNA 09 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,343 with one more Iranian killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Thursday.
- Taiwan reports 72,967 new COVID-19 cases, 211 deaths CNA 09 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 72,967 new COVID-19 cases -- 72,921 domestically transmitted and 46 imported infections -- and 211 deaths from the disease on Thursday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan COVID-19 News Briefs: June 9 CNA 09 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 72,967 new COVID-19 cases -- 72,921 domestically transmitted and 46 imported infections -- and 211 deaths from the disease on Thursday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan's COVID-19 mortality rate rises to 0.105% CNA 09 Jun 2022 -- The COVID-19 mortality rate in Taiwan has climbed to 0.105 percent this year, due to a surge in domestic cases, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Thursday, as it explained its new system for calculating deaths from the disease.
- Medical Workers Intensify Medical Checkup and Treatment in DPRK KCNA 09 Jun 2022 -- Medical workers across the country have vigorously conducted the scientific and intensive medical checkup and treatment as well as hygienic information service in relevant areas and units.
- Pyongyang Municipal Hygienic and Anti-epidemic Centre KCNA 09 Jun 2022 -- Officials of the Pyongyang Municipal Hygienic and Anti-epidemic Centre intensifies collective consultation to ensure a strict medical checkup of inhabitants and thoroughly block the spread of the malignant virus and root out its source in a short span of time under the maximum emergency anti-epidemic situation. -0-
- Emergency Anti-Epidemic Work Goes in Full Swing in Rural Areas of DPRK KCNA 09 Jun 2022 -- Rural areas in North Hamgyong Province of the DPRK are dynamically waging the emergency anti-epidemic work while focusing all efforts on the immediate farming.
- Medical Check-up, Test and Treatment Intensified in DPRK KCNA 09 Jun 2022 -- The anti-epidemic and public health sectors in the DPRK are guaranteeing the stable anti-epidemic situation by enhancing the scientific accuracy, promptness and creditability of medical checkup, test and treatment of the malicious virus.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 09 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 50 860 fevered cases with over 60 470 recoveries were reported from 18:00 of June 7 to 18:00 of June 8 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|