01 June 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- FBI 'Laser-Focused' On Russian Cyberactivity, Director Says RFE/RL 01 Jun 2022 -- The director of the FBI has told a gathering of cybersecurity professionals that the U.S. law enforcement agency is "laser-focused" on Russian cyberactivities and is monitoring them in the context of Russia's war against Ukraine.
- US Cyber Command Chief Says Military Hackers Conducted Offensives 'to Support Ukraine' Sputnik 01 Jun 2022 -- National Security Agency (NSA) and Cyber Command head Gen. Paul Nakasone said that US military hackers have conducted offensive operations in support of Ukraine amid Russia's special military operation, Sky News reported on Wednesday.
- German Court Hands Five Tajiks Prison Terms On Charge Of Being Members Of Islamic State Cell RFE/RL 01 Jun 2022 -- A court in Germany has sentenced five Tajik men to lengthy prison terms after finding them guilty of being members of the Islamic State (IS) terrorist organization's cell that planned terrorist attacks in Germany and elsewhere.
- Monkeypox transmission may have gone undetected 'for some time' UN News 01 Jun 2022 -- Thirty non-endemic countries have reported more than 550 confirmed cases of monkeypox, the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Wednesday.
- Over 550 Confirmed Monkeypox Cases Detected in 30 Countries, WHO Director General Says Sputnik 01 Jun 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) has been informed about over 550 confirmed monkeypox cases in 30 non-endemic countries around the globe, WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Wednesday.
- WHO warns of further transmission of monkeypox over summer People's Daily 01 Jun 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) said Tuesday that it aimed to contain the monkeypox outbreak by stopping human transmission to the maximum extent possible, warning that the potential for further transmission in Europe and elsewhere this summer is high.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 01 Jun 2022
- New Omicron subvariant makes up nearly 60 pct of new U.S. COVID-19 cases People's Daily 01 Jun 2022 -- A new Omicron subvariant made up nearly 60 percent of all new U.S. cases in the latest week, according to estimates released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Tuesday.
- Over 110,000 child COVID-19 cases reported in U.S. in past week People's Daily 01 Jun 2022 -- More than 112,000 child COVID-19 cases were reported in the United States during the past week, a doubling of case counts from the four weeks prior, according to the latest report by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Children's Hospital Association.
- Shanghai Residents Emerge From COVID Lockdown VOA 01 Jun 2022 -- Residents of China's largest city and financial hub, Shanghai, emerged from a draconian COVID-19 lockdown Wednesday that kept them forcibly locked inside their homes for two months.
- Shanghai entrepreneurs demand political reform, release of prisoners of conscience Radio Free Asia 01 Jun 2022 -- As Shanghai residents celebrated a partial end to a weeks-long, grueling city-wide lockdown, calls emerged on Wednesday for industrial action by businesses in the city to protest Chinese leader Xi Jinping's zero-COVID policy.
- Shanghai remains on high alert over virus resurgence; effective monitoring urged Global Times 01 Jun 2022 -- Even as Shanghai ended a two-month lockdown and reopened on Wednesday, the city remained on high alert and maintained certain anti-epidemic measures to prevent a resurgence of COVID-19 infections, while experts stressing that effective, normalized monitoring of the virus is crucial to detect new cases early so as to prevent new outbreaks.
- Beijing to cautiously return to normal as COVID-19 risks still exist Global Times 01 Jun 2022 -- New COVID-19 cases in Beijing have fallen constantly since May 22, but the risk of a resurgence still exists as the goal of zero community transmission has not yet been achieved, local authorities announced at a press conference on Wednesday.
- Beijing reports 14 confirmed, 1 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 01 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported 14 new confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and one local asymptomatic case on Tuesday, the Beijing municipal health commission said Wednesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 22 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases, 14 in Beijing People's Daily 01 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Tuesday reported 22 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 14 in Beijing and five in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Wednesday.
- Shanghai reports 5 confirmed, 10 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 01 Jun 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported five confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 10 local asymptomatic cases on Tuesday, the municipal health commission said Wednesday.
- 247 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 01 Jun 2022 -- A total of 247 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Tuesday, the National Health Commission said Wednesday.
- Beijing sees dwindling new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 01 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported five locally transmitted COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, including four among those quarantined for observation and one from community screening, an official told a press conference.
- Hong Kong to distribute 240,000 RAT kits following sewage COVID-19 detection People's Daily 01 Jun 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Tuesday that it will distribute about 240,000 sets of COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits to people in some areas of the city as part of a follow-up on recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- Shanghai's largest temporary COVID-19 hospital closes People's Daily 01 Jun 2022 -- The largest temporary hospital for COVID-19 patients in Shanghai during the latest resurgence of infections was closed on Tuesday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 193.57 Cr India PIB 01 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 193.57 Cr (1,93,57,20,807) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,45,81,371 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 502 India PIB 01 Jun 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 193.68 Crore (1,93,68,66,343) today. More than 10 lakh (10,61,038) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 01 Jun 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 01 Jun 2022
- Two months long "Har Ghar Dastak 2.0" campaign commences today to expedite Covid-19 Vaccination Coverage and cover all eligible beneficiaries through door-to-door campaigns India PIB 01 Jun 2022 -- "HarGharDastak campaign 2.0" to accelerate the pace and coverage of COVID19 vaccination across States and UTs has commenced across the country. Being implemented in a 'Mission Mode', States and UTs have been advised to give an intensive push towards full COVID19 vaccination coverage by vaccinating all eligible beneficiaries. This was communicated to all States and UTs by Shri Rajesh Bhushan, Union Health Secretary as he reviewed the status of COVID vaccination with Health Secretaries and NHM MDs of States and UTs last week.
- COVID-19 kills 3 Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 01 Jun 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,318 with 3 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Taiwan reports 88,293 new COVID-19 cases, 122 deaths CNA 01 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan reported 88,293 new COVID-19 cases -- 88,247 domestically transmitted and 46 imported cases -- and 122 deaths from the disease on Wednesday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan COVID-19 News Briefs: June 1 CNA 01 Jun 2022 -- Taiwan on Wednesday reported 88,293 new COVID-19 cases, an increase of more than 7,500 from the previous day, and 122 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan's accumulated number of local COVID-19 cases exceeds 2 mln People's Daily 01 Jun 2022 -- The total number of locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases recorded in Taiwan has exceeded 2 million, the island's disease monitoring agency said on Tuesday.
- Emergency Anti-Epidemic Work Put on More Scientific and Specialized Basis in DPRK KCNA 01 Jun 2022 -- The central emergency anti-epidemic sector of the DPRK is concentrating efforts to putting anti-epidemic work on a scientific and specialized basis.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 01 Jun 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 93 180 fevered cases, with 98 350 recoveries, were reported from 18:00 of May 30 to 18:00 of May 31 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|