31 May 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Pennsylvania Man Pleads Guilty to Felony Charge for Actions During Jan. 6 Capitol Breach DoJ -US Attorney - DC 31 May 2022 -- A Pennsylvania man pleaded guilty today to a felony charge for his actions during the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. His and others' actions disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress convened to ascertain and count the electoral votes related to the presidential election.
- Over a billion methamphetamine tabs seized in East and Southeast Asia UN News 31 May 2022 -- More than one billion methamphetamine tablets were seized in East and Southeast Asia last year, the UN Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has warned.
- First Monkeypox Case Confirmed in Norway Sputnik 31 May 2022 -- The first monkeypox case was confirmed in the Norwegian county of Viken in a man who had returned from a foreign trip, the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said on Tuesday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Monthly operational update on COVID-19 - May 2022
- Small US mask makers struggle as federal aid, demand shrinks VOA 31 May 2022 -- In the spring of 2020, as COVID-19 spread throughout the world in ways not fully understood, the United States faced a critical shortage of protective masks.
- U.S. COVID-19 cases six times more than last year as summer begins: report People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- As the United States marks Memorial Day weekend and the unofficial start of summer, the seven-day average for COVID-19 cases in the country are more than six times what they were a year ago, according to a report of The Hill.
- U.S. experts warn of COVID surge from Memorial Day weekend gatherings People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- As the United States marks the Memorial Day and celebrates the unofficial start of summer, the seven-day average for COVID-19 cases in the country is more than six times what it was a year ago.
- Shanghai to embrace a brand new start from Jun 1 Global Times 31 May 2022 -- After a two-month COVID-19 lockdown, Shanghai announced it would embrace a "new start" starting Wednesday (June 1), with free movement of people, resumption of public transportation, reopening of shopping malls, restart of factories, and the city is ready to regain the glamor of China's financial hub.
- Beijing COVID-19 cases fall for 9th day, risks of resurgence persist during holidays Global Times 31 May 2022 -- New COVID-19 cases in Beijing have fallen for nine consecutive days, but risks of a resurgence still exist as one new confirmed case was reported outside controlled areas in Changping district on Tuesday.
- Shanghai to fully resume normal production, daily operations from June 1 Global Times 31 May 2022 -- Shanghai will fully resume normal production and daily operations starting from June 1, as the latest round of Omicron outbreak has been curbed effectively, Zong Ming, vice mayor of Shanghai, said on Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 28 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases, 16 in Beijing People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Monday reported 28 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 16 in Beijing and nine in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Tuesday.
- 290 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- A total of 290 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Monday, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- Beijing reports 16 confirmed, 2 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- Beijing reported 16 new confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and two local asymptomatic cases on Monday, the Beijing municipal health commission said Tuesday.
- Shanghai reports 9 confirmed, 22 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported nine confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 22 local asymptomatic cases on Monday, the municipal health commission said Tuesday.
- Beijing reports one COVID-19 case from community screening People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- Beijing reported 18 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases on Monday as of 3 p.m., including 17 among those quarantined for observation and one from community screening, an official told a press conference Monday.
- Shanghai to ease COVID-19 control measures People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- Shanghai will relax the curbs on entering or leaving residential compounds, resume public transport services and ease rules on private cars on roads, local authorities said Monday.
- Beijing, Shanghai ease epidemic curbs as outbreaks ebb People's Daily 31 May 2022 -- On Sunday morning, U-Town Mall in Beijing's Chaoyang District welcomed a batch of eager shoppers after business had been suspended for weeks due to the latest COVID-19 flare-ups.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 193.45 Cr India PIB 31 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 193.45 Cr (1,93,45,19,805) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,45,38,123 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 501 India PIB 31 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 193.55 Crore (1,93,55,79,324) today. More than 9 lakh (9,50,739) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 31 May 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 31 May 2022
- COVID-19 kills 5 Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 31 May 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,315 with 5 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Taiwan reports 80,705 new COVID-19 cases, 90 deaths CNA 31 May 2022 -- Taiwan on Tuesday recorded 80,705 new COVID-19 cases -- 80,656 domestically transmitted and 49 imported -- and 90 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan COVID-19 News Briefs: May 31 CNA 31 May 2022 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported 80,705 new COVID-19 cases and 90 deaths, breaking the 2 million mark for total cases since the start of the pandemic, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 31 May 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 96 020 fevered cases, with 101 610 recoveries and no deaths, were reported from 18:00 of May 29 to 18:00 of May 30 throughout the country.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls for Fully Displaying Vitality of WPK's Anti-Epidemic Policy KCNA 31 May 2022 -- Rodong Sinmun Tuesday editorially calls on all the people to think and act under the instructions and assignments of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) with firm confidence in the Party's anti-epidemic policy and thus give fuller play to the validity and vitality of the policy.
- Anti-Epidemic Campaign in Full Swing in DPRK KCNA 31 May 2022 -- A newly organized COVID-19 treatment and research team operates in the DPRK to develop treatment methods for scientifically controlling the spread of the malignant virus.
- Material and Technical Foundation Consolidated to Cope with Health Crisis KCNA 31 May 2022 -- Greater efforts are exerted to ensuring mobility and maintaining a state of mobilization in the implementation of the state epidemic prevention policy on a nationwide scale in the DPRK.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|