30 May 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- EU fight against terrorism: one group and two individuals added to the EU sanctions list EC/CEU 30 May 2022 -- The Council today decided to add one group and two persons to the list of those subject to restrictive measures against ISIL/Da'esh and Al-Qaeda and persons, groups, undertakings and entities associated with them.
- Fundamentalist Islamic Group Still Active In Kyrgyzstan Despite Ban And Crackdown RFE/RL 30 May 2022 -- Kyrgyz security services say the banned Yakyn Inkar religious group remains active in the country, running underground schools and promoting its ideology despite being outlawed as an extremist organization five years ago.
- 2021 Another Record Year for Meth Seizures in Southeast Asia VOA 30 May 2022 -- Methamphetamine seizures across East and Southeast Asia hit yet another record high in 2021, proof of the "staggering" scale and reach the region's drug gangs have gained after a decade of steady growth that looks set to continue, the United Nations says in a new report.
- UK Health Security Agency Reportedly Detects 71 New Cases of Monkeypox Sputnik 30 May 2022 -- The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) has detected 71 new human cases of monkeypox in the UK, Sky News reports.
- Chinese customs steps up monkeypox monitoring after WHO labels it 'moderate risk' Global Times 30 May 2022 -- China's customs authorities said on Monday that monitoring for monkeypox has been stepped up, and they warned against the risk posed by the zoonotic infectious disease. According to the WHO, the disease poses a "moderate risk" to public health, and it is highly likely that even more countries will report cases.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Beijing reports community-level infection again; 'dynamic zero' remains tough task: officials Global Times 30 May 2022 -- After three consecutive days without infections at the community level, Beijing reported another COVID-19 case during a community screening on Monday.
- Shanghai reopens community, transport resumes as city achieves milestones in anti-COVID fight Global Times 30 May 2022 -- Shanghai announced on Monday that the city will reopen residential communities, restart public transportation services and allow private vehicles on the roads in an orderly manner starting on Wednesday, following more than two months of lockdown.
- China donates 10m doses of COVID-19 vaccine, 13m syringes, 2 mobile laboratory vehicles to Myanmar Global Times 30 May 2022 -- China has donated 10 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines along with 13 million COVID-19 vaccine syringes and two mobile laboratory vehicles to Myanmar, according to a statement from the Chinese Embassy in Myanmar on Sunday.
- Shanghai to lift lockdown on June 1, residential compounds will reopen, private cars, public transport systems to restart Global Times 30 May 2022 -- Starting from June 1, Shanghai will reopen residential compounds, resume public transportation and will allow private vehicles on roads, following more than two months of lockdown since the end of March.
- Beijing reports 8 confirmed, 4 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 May 2022 -- Beijing reported eight new confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and four local asymptomatic cases on Sunday, the Beijing municipal health commission said Monday.
- Chinese mainland reports 20 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases, 8 in Beijing People's Daily 30 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Sunday reported 20 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including eight in Beijing, and six each in Tianjin and Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Monday.
- Beijing sees no community transmission of COVID-19 since Friday People's Daily 30 May 2022 -- Beijing saw no community transmission of COVID-19 in the city from Friday to 3 p.m. Sunday, an official told a press conference Sunday.
- Shanghai reports 6 confirmed, 61 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 May 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported six confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 61 local asymptomatic cases on Sunday, the municipal health commission said Monday.
- HKSAR gov't continues tracing COVID-19 through sewage surveillance People's Daily 30 May 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government announced on Sunday that the COVID-19 virus continues to be detected in sewage samples from different areas in Hong Kong, indicating that there may be hidden cases in these areas.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 193.31 Cr India PIB 30 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 193.31 Cr (1,93,31,57,352) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,45,16,503 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 500 India PIB 30 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 193.43 Crore (1,93,43,51,597) today. More than 11 lakh (11,67,191) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 30 May 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 30 May 2022
- COVID-19 kills 2 Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 30 May 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,310 with 2 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Monday.
- Taiwan reports 60,103 new COVID-19 cases, 109 deaths CNA 30 May 2022 -- Taiwan on Monday recorded 60,103 new COVID-19 cases -- 60,042 domestically transmitted and 61 imported -- and 109 deaths, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan to maintain current mask mandate through June CNA 30 May 2022 -- Taiwan will maintain its existing mask mandate through the month of June, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced Monday, but consideration is being given to adjusting the country's strict COVID-19 border restrictions.
- Taiwan COVID-19 News Briefs: May 30 CNA 30 May 2022 -- Taiwan on Monday reported 60,103 new COVID-19 cases, down more than 16,000 from the previous day, and 109 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- North Korea COVID Situation Remains a Mystery, Despite Disclosure of Some Cases VOA 30 May 2022 -- For more than two years, as COVID-19 ravaged the rest of the world, North Korea insisted - almost impossibly, according to most experts - that it had not experienced a single coronavirus infection.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 30 May 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 100 710 fevered persons (about 11 210 more than the previous day), with 98 290 recoveries (about 8 100 less than the previous day) and one death, were reported from 18:00 of May 28 to 18:00 of May 29 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|