29 May 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- China's 'White Guards' gain reputation for brutal enforcement of Shanghai lockdown Radio Free Asia 29 May 2022 -- Police officers, neighborhood committee members and community volunteers dressed in head-to-toe white PPE have been a ubiquitous feature of China's zero-COVID policy, often shown on social media video uploads surrounding people, beating and dragging them away, or knocking on their door to put pressure on them to submit to a PCR test, to leave home for an isolation camp.
- Beijing reopens shopping malls, cinemas, gyms after month-long tough battle against Omicron Global Times 29 May 2022 -- Beijing residents embrace a joyful Sunday in newly reopened shopping malls, cinemas, gyms in areas with no new COVID-19 cases, a major step toward normalcy, after a month-long closure due to the tough battle against Omicron.
- Beijing, Shanghai walk out of shadow of Omicron Global Times 29 May 2022 -- Beijing and Shanghai, China's two megacities, are gradually walking out of the shadow of Omicron outbreaks, providing valuable experiences for the country in carrying out the dynamic zero-COVID strategy that once again proves to be the most effective approach in containing the highly contagious virus at the minimum costs to the economy and people's life.
- First infection of Omicron BA.5 reported in the Chinese mainland Global Times 29 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland has reported its first infection of COVID-19 caused by the Omicron BA.5 subvariant, according to a weekly report from the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The patient, who received four doses of COVID-19 vaccine, was diagnosed with the virus after arriving in Shanghai from Uganda in late April.
- Negative test results within 72 hours required at public venues, public transportation in Shanghai as city speeds up business resumption Global Times 29 May 2022 -- Negative results for nucleic acid tests obtained within 72 hours will be required to enter public venues and taking public transportation in Shanghai from Wednesday, as announced by the local authority on Sunday, to consolidate the achievements of epidemic prevention efforts and to speed up production and work resumption.
- One dismissed, three punished in Beijing for delayed emergency rescue that caused sudden death of a patient Global Times 29 May 2022 -- Beijing's Shunyi district has dismissed one official and punished three others for the delayed emergency rescue of a man suffering from heart attack during the epidemic that eventually caused the sudden death of the patient, according to a notice issued by the district on Sunday.
- Beijing reports 14 confirmed, 7 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 May 2022 -- Beijing reported 14 new confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and seven local asymptomatic cases on Saturday, the Beijing municipal health commission said Sunday.
- Hong Kong keeps tracing COVID-19 through sewage surveillance People's Daily 29 May 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Saturday that the COVID-19 virus continues to be detected in sewage samples from different areas in Hong Kong, indicating that there may be hidden cases in these areas.
- Shanghai reports 29 confirmed, 93 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 May 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 29 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 93 local asymptomatic cases on Saturday, the municipal health commission said Sunday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 193.28 Cr India PIB 29 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 193.28 Cr (1,93,28,44,077) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,44,88,568 sessions.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 29 May 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 29 May 2022
- Iran exports COVID-19 vaccines to Venezuela IRNA 29 May 2022 -- Iran's Health Minister Bahram Einollahi said that the country is ready to export COVID-19 vaccines and it has already sent its first batch to Venezuela.
- Taiwan reports 76,605 new COVID-19 cases, 145 deaths CNA 29 May 2022 -- Taiwan on Sunday recorded 76,605 new COVID-19 cases and another single-day high of 145 deaths, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan COVID-19 News Briefs: May 29 CNA 29 May 2022 -- Taiwan reported 76,605 new COVID-19 cases and another single-day high of 145 deaths on Sunday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Emergency Disaster and Crisis Control Teams Organized in DPRK KCNA 29 May 2022 -- The State Emergency Disaster Committee in the DPRK has buckled down to the dynamic organizational work for implementing the Party policy on establishing a state crisis-control system in an orderly way to thoroughly protect the people's life and the land from natural disasters.
- Efforts Concentrated on Strengthening Anti-Epidemic Foundation in DPRK KCNA 29 May 2022 -- The work for putting the anti-epidemic foundation on a sure scientific basis and solidifying the material and technical foundations of the anti-epidemic sector is being pushed forward as a top priority across the DPRK.
- Epidemic Spread and Treatment Results in DPRK KCNA 29 May 2022 -- According to information of the state emergency epidemic prevention headquarters, more than 89 500 fevered persons (about 980 more than the previous day) and 106 390 recoveries (about 12 230 less than the previous day) were reported from 18:00 of May 27 to 18:00 of May 28 throughout the country.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|