14 May 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Beijing's Fangshan district imposes stay-at-home order, suspends bus, subway, car hailing services as cluster infections emerge Global Times 14 May 2022 -- Beijing's Fangshan district, home to 1.3 million people, will strictly implement work-from-home measures for all local residents, suspending all bus, subway and car hailing services, after health officials uncovered at least eight cluster infections related to a bank, a railway construction company, a bus station and restaurants in the city that has added to the uncertainty of the already complex epidemic situation.
- Shanghai closes half of city-level makeshift hospitals but warns of epidemic rebounds in some old neighborhoods Global Times 14 May 2022 -- Shanghai has closed half of the city-level makeshift hospitals with the gradual decline in the number of daily new infections in the city, but local health officials warned of possible epidemic rebounds in some old neighborhoods.
- Shanghai's COVID-19 battle sees big progress People's Daily 14 May 2022 -- Shanghai is expected to achieve zero-COVID beyond areas under closed-loop management in mid-May, and will by then ease COVID-19 restrictions while implementing a tiered management system for communities based on their risk levels, local authorities said on Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 253 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Friday reported 253 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 194 were in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Saturday.
- 866 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 14 May 2022 -- A total of 866 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Friday, the National Health Commission said in its Saturday report.
- Shanghai reports 194 confirmed, 1,487 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 May 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 194 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 1,487 local asymptomatic cases on Friday, the municipal health commission said Saturday.
- India records 2,858 new COVID-19 cases, 11 more deaths People's Daily 14 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 tally rose to 43,119,112 on Saturday, with 2,858 new cases registered in the past 24 hours across the South Asian country, showed the federal health ministry's latest data.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 191.15 Cr India PIB 14 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 191.15 Cr (1,91,15,90,370) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,38,96,925 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 484 India PIB 14 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 191.30 Crore (1,91,30,82,445) today. More than13 lakh (13,47,702) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 14 May 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 14 May 2022
- COVID-19 kills 7 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 14 May 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,216 with seven more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 64,041 new COVID-19 cases, 40 deaths CNA 14 May 2022 -- Taiwan's single-day COVID-19 cases surpassed 60,000 for the third straight day on Saturday, as the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) reported 64,041 new cases and 40 deaths from the disease.
- Taiwan to roll out second COVID-19 booster from Monday: CECC CNA 14 May 2022 -- Older people and certain immunocompromised individuals aged 18 and over will be authorized to receive a second booster dose of a COVID-19 vaccine starting Monday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Strict Practical Measures Taken in DPRK KCNA 14 May 2022 -- The Ministry of Public Health is taking strict measures true to the idea of the 8th Political Bureau Meeting of the 8th Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea on switching over from the state epidemic prevention work to the maximum emergency epidemic prevention system.
- Rodong Sinmun Calls for Achieving Victory in Today's Epidemic Prevention Campaign by Dint of Single-Hearted Unity KCNA 14 May 2022 -- Rodong Sinmun in an editorial on Saturday calls on all the officials, Party members, working people and service personnel to successfully wind up today's epidemic prevention campaign by thoroughly implementing the idea of the 8th Political Bureau meeting of the 8th Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea and demonstrate to the world once again the dignity, prestige and irresistible might of our Party, state and people.
- Consultative Meeting of Political Bureau of C.C., WPK Held KCNA 14 May 2022 -- The Political Bureau of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) convened a consultative meeting at the office building of the Party Central Committee on May 14 to overhaul the maximum emergency epidemic prevention system under operation and take additional political and practical measures.
- Kim: COVID-19 throwing country into 'great turmoil' amid rising death toll Press TV 14 May 2022 -- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un says the spread of the coronavirus has plunged the country into "great turmoil," calling for an all-out battle to overcome the epidemiological crisis.
- Kim Jong Un: North Korea Facing 'Great Turmoil' as COVID-19 Cases Surge Sputnik 14 May 2022 -- When the COVID-19 pandemic broke out in early 2020, North Korea closed its borders and imposed a strict lockdown, allegedly later refusing to accept vaccines. Despite these measures, Pyongyang declared a state of "maximum emergency" on Wednesday as cases began to emerge.
- At Least 27 Die as 'Explosive' Fever Spreads in North Korea VOA 14 May 2022 -- North Korea reported 21 additional deaths Friday among people experiencing fevers, the official KCNA news agency said Saturday, amid the nation's first outbreak of COVID-19.
- New Zealand Prime Minister Tests Positive for COVID-19 VOA 14 May 2022 -- New Zealand's prime minister has tested positive for COVID.
- New Zealand PM tests positive for COVID-19 People's Daily 14 May 2022 -- New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern confirmed on Saturday that she had tested positive for COVID-19.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|