11 May 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Joint CommuniquÃ© by Ministers of the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS US Dept. of State 11 May 2022 -- The following statement was released by the Foreign Ministers of the Global Coalition to Defeat Daesh/ISIS following today's meeting in Marrakesh, Morocco.
- Global Coalition Warns No Rest for Fight Against Islamic State VOA 11 May 2022 -- Nearly three years after U.S.-backed forces in Syria seized the last remaining territory held by Islamic State's self-declared caliphate, members of the global coalition charged with eradicating the terror group warn their task is not getting any easier.
- CISA, NSA, FBI and International Cyber Authorities Issue Cybersecurity Advisory to Protect Managed Service Providers (MSP) and Customers CISA 11 May 2022 -- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), in partnership with the United Kingdom's National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC-UK), Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC), Canadian Centre for Cyber Security (CCCS), New Zealand National Cyber Security Centre (NZ NCSC), National Security Agency (NSA), and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) released an advisory today with cybersecurity best practices for information and communications technology (ICT), focusing on enabling transparent discussions between managed service providers (MSPs) and their customers on securing sensitive data.
- Former Honduran President Appears in US Court on Drug, Weapons Charges VOA 11 May 2022 -- Former Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez pleaded not guilty Tuesday in a U.S. federal courtroom in New York on illicit drug trafficking and weapons charges.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 11 May 2022
- DoD Awards $79.9 Million Contract to Premix, Inc. to Onshore Production Capacity of Resin for Pipette Tips Required for COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing DoD 11 May 2022 -- On May 5, 2022, the Department of Defense (DoD), on behalf of and in coordination with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), awarded a $79.9 million contract to Premix, Inc. to establish production of a plastic compound primarily used for pipette tips, which are essential to COVID-19 and other diagnostic testing efforts. Premix, Inc. is a U.S. company and a subsidiary of Premix Oy, a Finnish company.
- U.S. to limit next-generation COVID-19 vaccines to high-risk people without more funding: report People's Daily 11 May 2022 -- The United States will have to limit the next generation of COVID-19 vaccines this fall to individuals at the highest risk of getting seriously sick from the virus if Congress fails to approve funding to purchase the new shots, reported CNBC on Monday.
- Health experts say COVID-19 won't be endemic yet: report People's Daily 11 May 2022 -- Health experts say that COVID-19 won't be endemic yet, American newspaper USA Today reported Monday.
- China deletes WHO chief's criticism of zero-COVID policy from social media platforms Radio Free Asia 11 May 2022 -- Ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP) censors rushed to delete comments by the head of the World Health Organization (WHO) criticizing its zero-COVID policy as unsustainable from social media platforms in China on Wednesday.
- China Says WHO Chief Tedros Needs 'Better Understanding of the Facts' After Criticizing 'Zero Covid' Sputnik 11 May 2022 -- Once accused by former US President Donald Trump of being dominated by China, the World Health Organization took a swing at Beijing's "Zero Covid" lockdown policy on Tuesday, provoking a furious response.
- Tedros' remarks on China's zero-COVID 'irresponsible' Global Times 11 May 2022 -- World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus' remarks that China's zero-COVID strategy is "unsustainable" was seen by Chinese experts as "irresponsible" comment on the Chinese people's efforts in fighting the pandemic and failed to reflect his, or WHO's, sufficient evaluation of China's efforts in this area. They urged the official to further elaborate on his remarks to avoid an unnecessary negative influence on the effect, approach and global contribution of China's antivirus work.
- Shanghai records lowest daily tally since March 24, may need fight at community level 'till June 8' Global Times 11 May 2022 -- Shanghai's epidemic control has approached the light at the end of the tunnel as the mega-city has detected the lowest daily tally since March 24, and at least eight districts have basically cleared the coronavirus at the community level.
- Transmission risk curbed effectively in Shanghai, no new Omicron variants detected Global Times 11 May 2022 -- The transmission risk of the latest COVID-19 outbreak in Shanghai has been effectively curbed, and the gene sequencing results show the viruses that caused rapid spread since March 1 are Omicron's BA.2 and BA.2.2 mutations, with no new variants found, according to the Shanghai health authorities on Wednesday.
- City near Shanghai to give cash rewards for residents participating in nucleic acid testing Global Times 11 May 2022 -- Local authorities in Jiangyin, a city in East China's Jiangsu Province, announced they will give a cash reward of 100 yuan ($15) to residents who consistently take part in five rounds of nucleic acid tests, while those who fail to participate more than two tests will be quarantined at their own expense and punished in accordance with the law.
- Shanghai reports 228 confirmed, 1,259 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 May 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 228 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 1,259 local asymptomatic cases on Tuesday, the municipal health commission said Wednesday.
- 817 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 11 May 2022 -- A total of 817 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Tuesday, the National Health Commission said in its Wednesday report.
- Chinese mainland reports 302 new local COVID-19 cases, 228 in Shanghai People's Daily 11 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Tuesday reported 302 confirmed local COVID-19 cases, of which 228 were in Shanghai, the National Health Commission said on Wednesday.
- Beijing reports 59 new local COVID-19 infections People's Daily 11 May 2022 -- Beijing reported 59 new locally transmitted COVID-19 infections between 3 p.m. Monday and 3 p.m. Tuesday, said local authorities during a press conference held Tuesday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 190.67 Cr India PIB 11 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 190.67 Cr (1,90,67,50,631) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,37,57,172 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 481 India PIB 11 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 190.65 Crore (1,90,81,89,322) today. More than 12 lakh (12,89,175) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 11 May 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 11 May 2022
- Taiwan reports 57,216 new COVID-19 cases, eight deaths CNA 11 May 2022 -- Taiwan saw its single-day COVID-19 cases surpass 50,000 for the second straight day on Wednesday, with the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) reporting 57,216 new cases and eight deaths from the disease.
- Taiwan to pledge US$1.5 million donation at second COVID-19 Summit CNA 11 May 2022 -- Former Vice President Chen Chien-jen (é³å»ºä») will again represent Taiwan at the second annual Global COVID-19 Summit later this week and pledge a donation of US$1.5 million donation for global vaccine coverage, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) said Wednesday.
- Big Efforts Focused on Epidemic Prevention Work KCNA 11 May 2022 -- True to the intention of the Party that gives first priority to the emergency epidemic prevention work in the state affairs, public service units in Pyongyang City are focusing all efforts on further cementing the anti-epidemic position.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|