07 May 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Ukraine-Russia conflict prompts US firms to step up cyber programs Press TV 07 May 2022 -- US experts say the Colonial Pipeline hit a year ago sounded an alarm about the risk of security threats, but the Ukraine conflict has prompted American firms to take serious measures to step up their cybersecurity.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Shanghai postpones high school, college entrance exams amid epidemic Global Times 07 May 2022 -- Shanghai has decided to postpone local high school and college entrance exams for about one month to July 11-12 and July 7-9 respectively, as the city enters a vital phase in its fight against the COVID-19 epidemic amid a declining tendency that has lasted for about two weeks.
- Chinese mainland reports 345 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases, 253 in Shanghai People's Daily 07 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 345 local confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 253 were in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Saturday.
- 1,878 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 07 May 2022 -- A total of 1,878 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Friday, the National Health Commission said in its Saturday report.
- Over 1.25 bln Chinese fully vaccinated against COVID-19: official People's Daily 07 May 2022 -- More than 1.25 billion Chinese have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the end of Thursday, accounting for 88.74 percent of the country's total population, a Chinese health official said Friday.
- Epidemic situation in China turning for the better: expert People's Daily 07 May 2022 -- The current situation of the COVID-19 epidemic in China is taking a turn for the better, said an official with the National Health Commission (NHC) Friday.
- Chinese health official stresses importance of speed in fighting Omicron People's Daily 07 May 2022 -- A Chinese health official on Friday said the country has entered a new phase in its COVID-19 response, characterized by swift response measures and early intervention to cope with the highly contagious and elusive Omicron variant.
- Shanghai reports 253 confirmed, 3,961 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 May 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 253 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 3,961 local asymptomatic cases on Friday, the municipal health commission said Saturday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 190 Cr India PIB 07 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 190 Cr (1,90,00,94,982) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,35,96,683 sessions.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 07 May 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 07 May 2022
- COVID-19 kills 8 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 07 May 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,165 with eight more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 46,536 new COVID-19 cases, 11 deaths CNA 07 May 2022 -- Taiwan's single-day COVID-19 case number exceeded 40,000 for the first time on Saturday, as it recorded 46,536 new cases and 11 deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan receives 8th shipment of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine this year CNA 07 May 2022 -- Taiwan took delivery of 1,250,900 doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine on Saturday, the eighth shipment this year from the company, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Quarantine cut to 7 days for mild, asymptomatic COVID-19 cases: CECC CNA 07 May 2022 -- From Sunday, the quarantine period for COVID-19-infected individuals with mild or no symptoms in Taiwan will be cut down to seven days from a first positive test or the onset of symptoms, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced Saturday.
- Taiwan relaxes COVID-19 prevention rules for schools CNA 07 May 2022 -- Schools at the secondary and tertiary level in Taiwan will no longer be at risk of complete closure because of COVID-19 cases, the Ministry of Education (MOE) said Saturday.
- Taiwan rolls back quarantine rules for contacts of COVID-19 patients CNA 07 May 2022 -- People in Taiwan who are identified as contacts of a COVID-19 patient will no longer be required to observe strict quarantine rules, unless they live in the same quarters as the infected person, the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) said Saturday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|