01 May 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- UK exposes sick Russian troll factory plaguing social media with Kremlin propaganda UK FCDO 01 May 2022 -- UK-funded expert research has exposed how the Kremlin is using a troll factory to spread lies on social media and in comment sections of popular websites.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Shanghai achieves phased results in latest battle against Omicron with 6 districts basically registering no community transmissions Global Times 01 May 2022 -- The risk of COVID-19 community transmission in Shanghai has been effectively contained and six districts, including Fengxian, Jinshan and Chongming have basically realized no community transmissions, Shanghai local government said on Sunday, amid the easing of a citywide lockdown for more than 15 million residents.
- Normalizing nucleic acid testing in Chinese metropolises 'transitional means' with minimum cost to fully social opening, resumption: expert Global Times 01 May 2022 -- On the premise that the dynamic zero-COVID policy remains unchanged, large-scale lockdown can only be avoided through regular and normalized nucleic acid testing, meaning economic development and anti-epidemic work can be balanced; meanwhile, normalizing nucleic acid testing is a transitional means at minimum cost to the opening of the whole society and free movement of people in the future, Chinese experts said on Monday after several Chinese metropolises including Beijing issued new guidelines to normalize nucleic acid testing.
- Sales of takeout shot up as Beijing halts dine-in services at restaurants during May Day holidays Global Times 01 May 2022 -- Sales of takeout dishes saw a sharp increase as Beijing imposed a ban on in-house catering services from Sunday to Wednesday amid the latest COVID-19 flare-ups in the Chinese capital.
- Beijing's Xiaotangshan makeshift hospital put into use for COVID patients amid latest flare-up Global Times 01 May 2022 -- Beijing reopened the Xiaotangshan makeshift hospital on Sunday to treat COVID-19 asymptomatic patients and mild cases and the capital city will launch a further two rounds of mass nucleic acid testing in major districts from May 1 to 4 during the May Day holiday amid the latest Omicron flare-up, local authorities announced on Sunday.
- Why China stands firm on dynamic zero-COVID policy People's Daily 01 May 2022 -- In a country of some 1.4 billion people, any public health issue is of significant concern, and the coronavirus outbreak is no exception.
- HKSAR gov't continues to provide free COVID-19 testing service for elderly, targeted groups People's Daily 01 May 2022 -- The Food and Health Bureau of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government announced on Saturday that it continues to provide free COVID-19 nucleic acid testing service for eligible persons of high-risk or high-exposure targeted groups and all elderly people aged 60 or above.
- China's food giant enhances supply to Beijing amid COVID-19 resurgence People's Daily 01 May 2022 -- China's leading food trader COFCO has enhanced its food supply to Beijing and ramped up production at nearby plants to ensure sufficient supplies and stable prices in the Chinese capital amid the latest resurgence of COVID-19 infections.
- Beijing ups restrictions to contain latest COVID-19 flare-ups People's Daily 01 May 2022 -- The Chinese capital city of Beijing intensified restrictive measures against COVID-19 on Saturday to best reduce cross-infection as high mobility is expected during the five-day Labor Day holiday starting from Saturday.
- Shanghai reports 788 confirmed, 7,084 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 01 May 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 788 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 7,084 local asymptomatic infection cases on Saturday, the municipal health commission said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 916 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 01 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Saturday reported 916 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 788 were in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Sunday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 189.17 Cr India PIB 01 May 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 189.17 Cr (1,89,17,69,346) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,33,70,192sessions.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 01 May 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 01 May 2022
- COVID-19 kills 13 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 01 May 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,096 with 13 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Taiwan reports 17,085 new COVID-19 cases, three deaths CNA 01 May 2022 -- Taiwan reported 17,085 new COVID-19 cases and three deaths from the disease on Sunday, the fourth consecutive day the single-day total exceeded 10,000 cases, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan's COVID wave to peak in second half of May: health minister CNA 01 May 2022 -- COVID-19 infections in Taiwan could peak in the second half of May, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) Sunday, as single-day case totals continued to rise.
- New Zealand reports first Omicron BA.4 variant People's Daily 01 May 2022 -- New Zealand reported its first case of Omicron BA.4 variant at the border amid 12,699 community cases during the weekend, said the Ministry of Health on Sunday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|