26 April 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Rewards for Justice - Reward Offer for Information on Russian Military Intelligence Officers Conducting Malicious Activity Against U.S. Critical Infrastructure US Dept. of State 26 Apr 2022 -- The U.S. Department of State's Rewards for Justice (RFJ) program, which is administered by the Diplomatic Security Service, is offering a reward of up to $10 million for information leading to the identification or location of any person who, while acting at the direction or under the control of a foreign government, participates in malicious cyber activities against U.S. critical infrastructure in violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA).
- Second Death From Ebola Confirmed in Northwestern DR Congo, Over 100 Cases Feared Sputnik 26 Apr 2022 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) confirmed on Tuesday that a second person had died of Ebola hemorrhagic fever, just three days after confirming that an outbreak had begun.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- DAF COVID-19 Statistics - Apr. 26, 2022 US Air Force 26 Apr 2022
- Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki and White House COVID-19 Response Coordinator Dr. Ashish Jha The White House 26 Apr 2022
- Beijing Begins Mass COVID-19 Testing Drive VOA 26 Apr 2022 -- Beijing has begun mass COVID-19 testing most of its 21 million residents amid fears the Chinese capital will be placed under a strict lockdown similar to the one imposed on Shanghai.
- Beijing wages critical war against Omicron with largest nucleic acid testing, strictest community management Global Times 26 Apr 2022 -- Learning the lessons from Shanghai's response to the Omicron resurgence, Beijing is waging a critical and decisive war against the Omicron variant with the strictest measures on community management, largest-ever nucleic acid testing, suspending gathering activities, tracking down transmission routes, and urgently mobilizing the public to ensure the safety of local residents and the country's political center, as the COVID-19 tally in the capital city rose to 92in five days.
- Beijing reports 32 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Apr 2022 -- Beijing reported 32 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and one local asymptomatic carrier on Monday, local authorities said Tuesday.
- Shanghai sees sharpest case drop since Omicron epidemic, yet far from time to let guard down: officials Global Times 26 Apr 2022 -- Positive signs flicker in Shanghai with the sharpest case drop recorded since the latest outbreak, and only a small proportion of cases found outside the quarantined areas. Yet municipal officials, believing it is far from time to let their guard down, kicked off another round of mass testing and doubled down on restrictions on leaving Shanghai, to prevent the infection from spilling over.
- Shanghai sees largest drop of new infections with total tally of cases surpassing half a million Global Times 26 Apr 2022 -- The Omicron-stemmed flare-up in Shanghai saw the largest drop in the growth of new infections on Monday, with more than 90 percent of new cases discovered in closed-loop management or during centralized quarantine, despite the epidemic still lingering at a high level and the total tally amounting to surpass 500,000.
- Omicron-specific inactivated candidates approved for clinical trials in China Global Times 26 Apr 2022 -- Two Chinese vaccine manufacturers have been approved to send their Omicron-specific vaccine candidates into clinical trials on the Chinese mainland, while cities like Shanghai and Beijing are combating the Omicron variant.
- 2,323 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 26 Apr 2022 -- A total of 2,323 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Monday, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 1,908 new local COVID-19 cases, 1,661 in Shanghai People's Daily 26 Apr 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Monday reported 1,908 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 1,661 were in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Tuesday.
- China's smaller cities also under lockdown as COVID-19 prevention drive hits Beijing Radio Free Asia 26 Apr 2022 -- As a grueling lockdown in Shanghai continues to make world headlines, as many as 30 million people have been under similar measures for weeks under the ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP)'s zero-COVID policy elsewhere in China.
- Beijing's zero-COVID policy snags Lao exports to China via new railway Radio Free Asia 26 Apr 2022 -- Costly and time-consuming customs-clearing procedures put in place as part of China's zero-COVID-19 restrictions are making it difficult for Lao traders to export products via the new Laos-China Railway, Lao officials and people involved in cross-border trade said.
- Several public venues in Beijing closed amid COVID-19 surge Global Times 26 Apr 2022 -- Several public venues, including the National Center for the Performance Arts (NCPA) in Beijing closed after the capital saw a COVID-19 flare-up in recent days.
- Beijing to expand nucleic acid testing to more areas People's Daily 26 Apr 2022 -- Beijing will conduct three rounds of nucleic acid testing in 11 areas from Tuesday to Saturday in efforts to curb the risk of COVID-19, local authorities said at a press conference Monday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 187.95 Cr India PIB 26 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 187.95 Cr (1,87,95,76,423) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,30,89,167 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 466 India PIB 26 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 188 Crore landmark milestone (188,16,99,433) today. More than 19 lakh (19,67,717) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 26 Apr 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 26 Apr 2022
- COVID-19 kills 28 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 26 Apr 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 141,024 with 28 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Taiwan reports 6,339 new COVID-19 cases, zero deaths CNA 26 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported 6,339 new COVID-19 cases as well as four new moderate infections but no deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan cuts double rapid test requirement for '3+4' quarantine rule CNA 26 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan on Tuesday further loosened its quarantine rules for contacts of people confirmed as having COVID-19, removing the need to take a second rapid test originally required on the third day of quarantine in new rules issued Monday.
- Taiwan records 5,108 new local COVID-19 cases, home quarantine shortened People's Daily 26 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan recorded 5,221 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, including 5,108 locally transmitted cases and 113 imported ones, the island's disease monitoring agency said on Monday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|