23 April 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Exercise Locked Shields 2022 concludes NATO 23 Apr 2022 -- Locked Shields 2022, the largest and most complex international live-fire cyber defence exercise in the world, wrapped up on Friday, Apr. 22, 2022.
- New Ebola outbreak declared in the Democratic Republic of Congo UN News 23 Apr 2022 -- The health authorities of the African nation declared a new outbreak of Ebola after a case was confirmed in Mbandaka, a city in the north-western Equateur Province, the World Health Organization (WHO) reported on Saturday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Nearly 240,000 COVID-19 deaths could have been prevented with vaccines: report People's Daily 23 Apr 2022 -- Nearly 240,000 deaths resulting from COVID-19 since June 2021 could have been avoided with "timely" vaccinations, said a report of Forbes, citing new research from the Kaiser Family Foundation.
- COVID-19 was third leading death cause in U.S. in 2021 People's Daily 23 Apr 2022 -- COVID-19 was the third leading cause of death in the United States in 2021, following heart disease and cancer, according to a report released Friday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Shanghai to toughen prevention measures as local COVID infections rise People's Daily 23 Apr 2022 -- The tally of new COVID-19 locally transmitted infections in Shanghai increased slightly on Friday after a few days of decline, as the city reported 2,736 local confirmed cases and 20,634 asymptomatic carriers.
- Shanghai keeps up decisive battle against Omicron; costs worth it 'like premium for all 1.4b Chinese' Global Times 23 Apr 2022 -- Shanghai on Saturday reported 2,736 new COVID-19 confirmed cases and 20,634 asymptomatic infections, a reversal from consecutive drops, which cast a shadow on the city's arduous anti-epidemic efforts which entered a "decisive battle" to stamp out infections within communities starting Friday.
- Beijing faces high risk of COVID-19 infection as four COVID-19 patients, 10 silent coronavirus carriers found Global Times 23 Apr 2022 -- Beijing faces high risk of COVID-19 infection as the capital city has witnessed several outbreaks, involving multiple transmission chains, said a Beijing health official, after four newly confirmed COVID-19 cases and 10 silent coronavirus carriers were reported on Friday. Officials also warned the upcoming May Day holidays would pose a challenge to Beijing's COVID-19 prevention and control efforts.
- Chinese mainland reports 2,971 new local COVID-19 cases, 2,736 in Shanghai People's Daily 23 Apr 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 2,971 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 2,736 were in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Saturday.
- Shanghai new COVID-19 cases: 2,736 confirmed, 20,634 asymptomatic People's Daily 23 Apr 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 2,736 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 20,634 local asymptomatic carriers on Friday, the municipal health commission said Saturday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 187.46 Cr India PIB 23 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 187.46 Cr (1,87,46,72,536) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,29,79,714 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 463 India PIB 23 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 187.65Crore (1,87,65,28,965) today. More than17lakh (17,15,674) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 23 Apr 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 23 Apr 2022
- COVID-19 kills 22 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 23 Apr 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 140,952 with 22 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 4,204 new COVID-19 cases, including 4,126 domestic ones CNA 23 Apr 2022 -- A total of 4,204 new COVID-19 cases, including 4,126 domestically-transmitted infections, were reported in Taiwan on Saturday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- New Zealand reports the 1st Omicron XE variant People's Daily 23 Apr 2022 -- New Zealand reported its first case of Omicron XE variant at the border, said the Ministry of Health in a statement on Saturday.
- Brazil decrees end of COVID-19 health emergency People's Daily 23 Apr 2022 -- Brazilian Health Minister Marcelo Queiroga signed a decree on Friday ending the COVID-19 public health emergency, effective 30 days after its publication in the Official Gazette.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|