20 April 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- CISA Expands the Joint Cyber Defense Collaborative to include Industrial Control Systems Industry Expertise CISA 20 Apr 2022 -- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) announced today the expansion of the Joint Cyber Defense Collaborative (JCDC) to include Industrial Control Systems (ICS) expertsâ€”security vendors, integrators, and distributorsâ€”to further increase U.S. government focus on the cybersecurity and resilience of industrial control systems and operational technology (ICS/OT).
- CISA, FBI, NSA, and International Partners Issue Advisory on Demonstrated Threats and Capabilities of Russian State-Sponsored and Cyber Criminal Actors CISA 20 Apr 2022 -- The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), along with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), National Security Agency (NSA), Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC), Canadian Centre for Cyber Security (CCCS), National Cyber Security Centre New Zealand (NZ NCSC), and the United Kingdom's National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC-UK) and National Crime Agency (NCA), with contributions from industry members of the Joint Cyber Defense Collaborative, issued a joint Cybersecurity Advisory on Russian state-sponsored and criminal cyber threats to critical infrastructure that could impact organizations both within and beyond Ukraine.
- China Urges US to Clarify Situation With CIA's Beehive Spyware Sputnik 20 Apr 2022 -- China called on the United States to clarify the situation regarding its Beehive malware attack and control systems developed and infiltrated by the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in many countries around the world, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin said on Wednesday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 20 April 2022
- New Omicron subvariant gains foothold as U.S. loosens mask requirement People's Daily 20 Apr 2022 -- While Omicron subvariant BA.2 remains the dominant strain in the United States, a new subvariant is gaining its foothold in the country, according to the latest data of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Over 12.9 mln children in U.S. infected with COVID-19 People's Daily 20 Apr 2022 -- Over 12.9 million children in the United States have tested positive for COVID-19 since the onset of the pandemic, according to the latest report by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Children's Hospital Association.
- Two Shanghai districts eliminate community infections Global Times 20 Apr 2022 -- Shanghai is seeing a glimmer of hope after battling the Omicron variant for almost a month and a half, with two districts announcing they have stamped out infections within communities, and the number found outside quarantine areas has fallen for consecutive days.
- Shanghai reports 52 COVID-19 patients in critical conditions; death tally reaches 17 Global Times 20 Apr 2022 -- Shanghai authorities urged to prioritize the treatment of severe and critically ill COVID-19 patients to reduce the number of severe cases and mortality rate, as the city on Wednesday reported seven more COVID-19 patient deaths, adding to a total number of 17 amid this around of Omicron outbreak.
- China vows to adhere to dynamic zero-COVID approach as cases spike People's Daily 20 Apr 2022 -- China will adhere to its dynamic zero-COVID approach as local infections are surging, a spokesperson for the National Health Commission (NHC) said Tuesday.
- Shanghai new COVID-19 cases: 2,494 confirmed, 16,407 asymptomatic People's Daily 20 Apr 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 2,494 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 16,407 local asymptomatic carriers on Tuesday, the municipal health commission said Wednesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 2,753 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases, 2,494 in Shanghai People's Daily 20 Apr 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Tuesday reported 2,753 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 2,494 were in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission (NHC)'s report Wednesday.
- 2,365 COVID patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 20 Apr 2022 -- A total of 2,365 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Tuesday, the National Health Commission said in its Wednesday report.
- Chinese police order residents to hand over passports 'until after the pandemic' Radio Free Asia 20 Apr 2022 -- Police in the central Chinese province of Hunan have ordered local residents to hand over their passports to police, promising to return them "when the pandemic is over," amid a massive surge in people looking for ways to leave China or obtain overseas immigration status.
- Shanghai Slowly Turning the Corner from Strict COVID-19 Lockdown VOA 20 Apr 2022 -- Authorities in the Chinese financial hub, Shanghai, released another 4 million people from its strict COVID-19 lockdown rules as part of the city's efforts to restore its economic activity.
- China's Xi'an to lift restrictive measures against COVID-19 People's Daily 20 Apr 2022 -- The northwestern Chinese city of Xi'an will lift temporary restrictive measures against the COVID-19 epidemic from Wednesday, local authorities said Tuesday.
- Explainer: FAQs on China's dynamic zero-COVID policy People's Daily 20 Apr 2022 -- What is the goal of China's dynamic zero-COVID policy? What are the country's considerations behind the policy? On Monday, Wu Zunyou, chief epidemiologist with the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, broke down some of the most popular misperceptions about the policy in an article.
- 1st phase construction of mainland-aided COVID-19 isolation facility completed in Hong Kong People's Daily 20 Apr 2022 -- The first phase construction of the Penny's Bay Community Isolation Facility (CIF), with mainland support, was completed, and the units were handed over to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government on Tuesday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 186.90 Cr India PIB 20 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 186.90 Cr (1,86,90,56,607) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,28,31,901 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 460 India PIB 20 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 187 Crore (1,87,05,29,035) today. More than 13 lakh (13,69,541) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 20 Apr 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 20 Apr 2022
- COVID-19 kills 19 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 20 Apr 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 140,896 with 19 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Wednesday.
- Taiwan reports 2,481 new COVID-19 cases, including 2,386 domestic CNA 20 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan reported 2,481 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday as well as one new severe infection from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan's ACIP approves Moderna vaccine for children aged 6-11 CNA 20 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) approved the use of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for children aged 6-11 Wednesday, as well as third doses for the 12-17 age group and fourth doses for certain high-risk groups.
- Taiwan reports 1,626 new local COVID-19 cases, 2 new deaths People's Daily 20 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan's disease monitoring agency on Tuesday announced that 1,626 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and two new deaths from the disease have been recorded in the region.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|