16 April 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Construction of makeshift hospital completed in NE China city People's Daily 16 Apr 2022 -- Suifenhe, a land port city in northeast China's Heilongjiang Province, completed a makeshift hospital Friday, according to the city's COVID-19 prevention and control headquarters.
- Shanghai issues epidemic prevention guidelines for local industrial enterprises to resume operation Global Times 16 Apr 2022 -- After entering so-called "static management" in most parts of Shanghai for nearly three weeks, local authorities on Saturday issued the first edition of epidemic prevention guidelines for the city's industrial enterprises to resume production. The purpose of the guidelines is to coordinate epidemic control efforts and social economic development.
- Shanghai steps up efforts to ensure daily necessities supply; neighboring Suzhou tightens epidemic control Global Times 16 Apr 2022 -- Shanghai has tried its best to establish enough quarantine centers and called for residents' cooperation during the transfer arrangements as the city is going through the most difficult time in its fight against the highly contagious Omicron variant, local authorities said on Saturday.
- Xi'an launches temporary closed-off management amid latest COVID-19 flare-up Global Times 16 Apr 2022 -- Xi'an, the capital city of Northwest China's Shaanxi Province, announced on Friday temporary control measures from 0:00 on Saturday to 24:00 on Tuesday, requiring residents to avoid unnecessary outdoor activities, conducting closed-off management of shopping malls and other public venues, and strengthening prevention measures, in order to decrease infection risk.
- Chinese mainland reports 3,867 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 16 Apr 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Friday reported 3,867 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 3,590 were in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Saturday.
- COVID-19 controls won't shake China's economic fundamentals People's Daily 16 Apr 2022 -- The naysayers would have you believe that the strict COVID-19 control measures in the economic hub of Shanghai will drag down the country's economic growth, hurt trade, and deter investment.
- Shanghai strengthens management of nursing homes amid COVID-19 People's Daily 16 Apr 2022 -- Shanghai has strengthened management over care homes for the elderly across the city amid the latest resurgence of COVID-19 infections, an official said on Friday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 186.38 Cr India PIB 16 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 186.38 Cr (1,86,38,31,723) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,26,92,477sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 456 India PIB 16 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 186.49 Crore (1,86,49,98,237) today. More than 11 lakh (11,05,917) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. More than 2.42 Crore (2,42,62,073) vaccine doses have been administered to 12-14 years age group so far. More than 2.52 Crore (2,52,79,721) Precaution Doses for the identified categories of beneficiaries (HCWs, FLWs and Over 60 years) for COVID vaccination have been administered so far. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 16 Apr 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 16 Apr 2022
- In response to New York Times article titled "India Is Stalling the WHO's Efforts to Make Global Covid Death Toll Public" dated 16th April, 2022 India PIB 16 Apr 2022 -- India has been in regular and in-depth technical exchange with WHO on the issue. The analysis while uses mortality figures directly obtained from Tier -I set of countries, uses a mathematical modelling process for Tier II countries (which includes India). India's basic objection has not been with the result (whatever they might have been) but rather the methodology adopted for the same.
- Coronavirus death toll reaches 23 in Iran IRNA 16 Apr 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 140,800 with 23 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan reports 1,351 new COVID-19 cases, including 1,199 domestic transmissions CNA 16 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan reported 1,351 new COVID-19 cases, including 1,199 locally-transmitted infections, on Saturday, the second day the number of new domestic cases has exceeded 1,000 since the pandemic began, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan records first severe COVID-19 infection of child CNA 16 Apr 2022 -- A 2-year-old boy has developed a severe infection of COVID-19 and has been in intensive care since Thursday, marking Taiwan's first serious case of the disease in a child under the age of 10 years, Minister of Health and Welfare Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) said Saturday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|