12 April 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Two Illinois Men Sentenced to Prison for Their Roles in Bombing of Dar al-Farooq Islamic Center and Weapons Charges US Dept. of Justice 12 Apr 2022 -- Two Illinois men were today sentenced to 190 months and 170 months in prison, respectively, for their roles in the 2017 bombing of Dar al-Farooq (DAF) Islamic Center in Bloomington, Minnesota.
- United States Leads Seizure of One of the World's Largest Hacker Forums and Arrests Administrator US Dept. of Justice 12 Apr 2022 -- The Department of Justice today announced the seizure of the RaidForums website, a popular marketplace for cybercriminals to buy and sell hacked data, and unsealed criminal charges against RaidForums' founder and chief administrator, Diogo Santos Coelho, 21, of Portugal. Coelho was arrested in the United Kingdom on Jan. 31, at the United States' request and remains in custody pending the resolution of his extradition proceedings.
- Department of State Offers Reward for Information to Bring Three Irish Transnational Criminals to Justice US Dept. of State 12 Apr 2022 -- The U.S. Department of State is announcing rewards of up to $5 million for information leading to each of the arrests and/or convictions of Irish transnational organized criminal Christopher Vincent Kinahan and his two sons, Daniel Joseph Kinahan and Christopher Kinahan, Jr., for participating in, or conspiring to participate in, transnational organized crime.
- El Salvador Detains Over 10,000 People During Anti-Crime Operation, President Says Sputnik 12 Apr 2022 -- El Salvador detained more than 10,000 individuals during country-wide operation to combat a wave of violent deaths, President Nayib Bukele said on Tuesday.
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Weekly epidemiological update on COVID-19 - 12 April 2022
- DAF COVID-19 Statistics - Apr. 12, 2022 US Air Force 12 Apr 2022
- US State Department Orders Non-Emergency Personnel to Leave Shanghai VOA 12 Apr 2022 -- The U.S. State Department has ordered all non-emergency personnel stationed in Shanghai to leave the eastern Chinese city, which is struggling to deal with an escalating surge of new COVID-19 cases.
- Dynamic zero-COVID strategy 'the best choice' as infections surpass 325,000: chief epidemiologist of China's CDC Global Times 12 Apr 2022 -- Sticking with the dynamic zero-case strategy is the best choice at the current stage, Chinese officials said on Tuesday, as data showed that the Chinese mainland's domestic COVID-19 infections had reached 325,303 since March 1, affecting 30 provincial-level regions, with Shanghai the severest.
- Number of asymptomatic infections decreases for first time since April in Shanghai Global Times 12 Apr 2022 -- Shanghai on Monday registered 994 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 22,348 local asymptomatic carriers, the first time the number of asymptomatic infections decreased since April, but the city has to continue strengthening its strict prevention measures as experts noted it still needs time to observe the change of new cases in the near future to judge whether the turning point has come.
- National health authority calls for regular monitoring and early warning on campus for epidemic prevention Global Times 12 Apr 2022 -- Regular monitoring and early warning of the epidemic have been added to China's National Health Commission's requirements in epidemic prevention plan on campus as cases of cluster infections have recently emerged in a few schools across the country, exposing some weaknesses in epidemic prevention and control work.
- China opposes US politicizing 'consular staff departure' from Shanghai, urges it to stop attacking China's COVID policy Global Times 12 Apr 2022 -- China is firmly opposed to the US politicizing the personnel departure issue and has lodged solemn representations with the country, said Chinese Foreign Ministry on Tuesday, after the US State Department on Monday ordered non-emergency US government employees to leave the consulate in Shanghai "due to a surge in COVID cases and China's measures to control the virus."
- Suzhou's COVID-19 outbreak causes supply disruptions for electronics makers Global Times 12 Apr 2022 -- Electronics manufacturers in Suzhou, East China's Jiangsu Province, are seeing a limited impact on their business operations at the moment from the COVID-19 flare-ups, though disruptions in logistics and delayed shipments have occurred, industry insiders said on Tuesday.
- China's 'dynamic zero COVID' policy is effective, helps maintain global supply chain stability: FM spokesperson Global Times 12 Apr 2022 -- China's Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said on Tuesday that China's "dynamic zero-COVID" policy has not only protected domestic economy but also accelerated global development.
- China Railway cuts daily operation capacity to 30% of normal level to curb COVID-19 Global Times 12 Apr 2022 -- China's rail network is currently carrying around 3,000 passenger trains per day, less than 30 percent of the normal capacity, data from China Railway revealed on Tuesday, as the operator enhances anti-epidemic measures amid recent COVID-19 flare-ups in many places across the country.
- Over 3.3 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 12 Apr 2022 -- Over 3.3 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses had been administered on the Chinese mainland as of Monday, data from the National Health Commission showed Tuesday.
- Shanghai extends citywide lockdown after Beijing steps up pressure over zero-COVID Radio Free Asia 12 Apr 2022 -- Authorities in Shanghai extended a citywide lockdown on Tuesday, in the face of growing public anger over ongoing restrictions under ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP) leader Xi Jinping's zero-COVID policy.
- Shanghai going all out to ensure productivity amid epidemic People's Daily 12 Apr 2022 -- How does Shanghai, a global financial center and the world's largest trading port city with a complete industrial chain of integrated circuits and automobiles, stabilize its productivity when faced with a fierce resurgence of COVID-19?
- 1,676 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 12 Apr 2022 -- A total of 1,676 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals on the Chinese mainland on Monday, the National Health Commission said in its Tuesday report.
- Why dynamic zero-COVID policy remains best choice for Shanghai People's Daily 12 Apr 2022 -- China has reported over 270,000 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and asymptomatic infections since March, with its economic hub Shanghai battling the worst resurgence where more than 20,000 infections are now added daily.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 185.90 Cr India PIB 12 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 185.90 Cr (1,85,90,68,616) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,25,28,350 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 452 India PIB 12 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 186.05 Crore (1,86,05,24,339) today. More than 13 lakh (13,28,485) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. More than 2.31 Crore (2,31,69,943) vaccine doses have been administered to 12-14 years age group so far. More than 2.47 Crore (2,47,62,495) Precaution Doses for the identified categories of beneficiaries (HCWs, FLWs and Over 60 years) for COVID vaccination have been administered so far. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 12 Apr 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 12 Apr 2022
- Iran among top 10 states combating COVID-19: Health minister IRNA 12 Apr 2022 -- Iranian Health Minister Bahram Einollahi underlined that Iran has been recognized as one of top 10 countries in terms of fighting coronavirus.
- COVID-19 kills 28 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 12 Apr 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 140,678 with 28 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Tuesday.
- Taiwan reports 551 new domestic COVID-19 cases, highest this year CNA 12 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan on Tuesday reported 551 new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases, the highest single-day tally this year, as well as 112 cases that originated abroad, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan COVID-19 cases could soon hit 1,000 a day after reaching 551 Tuesday CNA 12 Apr 2022 -- The daily number of domestic COVID-19 infections are almost certain to reach 1,000 by the end of April, Health and Welfare Minister Chen Shih-chung (é™³æ™‚ä¸) predicted Tuesday as Taiwan reported a single-day high for 2022 of 551 new domestic cases.
- New Zealand to Reopen its International Borders VOA 12 Apr 2022 -- New Zealand is reopening its international borders to vaccinated travelers from Australia Tuesday (11:59 UTC) after more than two years of COVID-19 isolation. New Zealand has had some of the world's toughest virus control measures. Also, New Zealand's agriculture minister Damien O'Connor said that starting Tuesday would be exemptions for some overseas farm workers to help ease labor shortages.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|