10 April 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- China denounces US for 'groundless accusations' against Beijing's COVID-19 policy Press TV 10 Apr 2022 -- China has condemned the United States for its 'groundless accusations' against Beijing's policy on curbing COVID-19 contagious disease, as Shanghai lockdown drags on.
- Major electronics factories in E China's Kunshan halt production amid new waves of COVID-19 Global Times 10 Apr 2022 -- Several Printed Circuit Board (PCB) manufactures in Kunshan, East China's Jiangsu Province have suspended production, as local anti-epidemic policies require that the whole city suspend all non-essential activities in order to curb the spread of recent COVID-19 flare-ups.
- China goes all out to address logistics disruptions caused by COVID-19 Global Times 10 Apr 2022 -- Chinese officials and the Ministry of Transport (MOT) have vowed to take all efforts to ensure smooth transportation of goods and secure supply chains, after various factors, including strict anti-epidemic measures for truck drivers in certain areas, caused serious disruptions to logistics and supply of production and living materials, drawing widespread attention.
- China's e-commerce giants ramp up food supply to city residents amid latest onset of Omicron Global Times 10 Apr 2022 -- Multiple Chinese e-commerce platforms including T-mall, JD.com and Pinduoduo have launched exclusive food-supply sites for the Omicron-hit residents in Shanghai. Food chains in southern Guangzhou city will also double their stock to prepare for the flare-up of the pandemic there.
- 1,948 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 10 Apr 2022 -- A total of 1,948 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals on the Chinese mainland on Saturday, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Beijing registers one area as high risk for COVID-19 People's Daily 10 Apr 2022 -- An area in Beijing was classified as high risk for COVID-19 on Saturday, according to a municipal press conference on COVID-19 prevention and control held on the same day.
- Jiangsu Province aids neighboring Shanghai's COVID-19 battle People's Daily 10 Apr 2022 -- Shanghai's neighboring province of Jiangsu had received 5,504 people transferred from Shanghai for quarantine by 6 p.m. Friday.
- Local officials disciplined for failing to fulfill duties in COVID-19 response People's Daily 10 Apr 2022 -- Eleven officials in the city of Jilin, northeast China's Jilin Province, have been dealt with for failing to perform their duties in COVID-19 prevention and control work, the city's discipline inspection and supervisory authorities said on Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 1,318 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 Apr 2022 -- The Chinese mainland reported 1,318 new locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases on Saturday, down from 1,334 on Friday, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Shanghai's largest makeshift hospital for COVID-19 put into use People's Daily 10 Apr 2022 -- The largest makeshift hospital in China's business hub Shanghai was put into use on Saturday to aid the megacity's fight against resurging COVID-19.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 185.70 Cr India PIB 10 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 185.70 Cr (1,85,70,71,655) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,24,70,964sessions.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 10 Apr 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 10 Apr 2022
- COVID-19 kills 39 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 10 Apr 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 140,616 with 39 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Taiwan reports 575 new COVID-19 cases, including 431 domestic CNA 10 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan reported 575 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday -- 431 domestically transmitted, 144 that originated abroad -- and no new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports 431 domestic COVID cases, four with 'moderate' illness CNA 10 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan on Sunday reported 431 new domestic COVID-19 cases, and four new patients experiencing moderate symptoms from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan reports 578 new COVID-19 cases, one death People's Daily 10 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported one death from COVID-19 and an additional 578 new cases of the disease, including 442 locally transmitted infections and 136 imported cases, according to the island's disease monitoring agency.
- Singapore reports 3,259 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 Apr 2022 -- Singapore reported 3,259 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Saturday, bringing the total tally to 1,135,428.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|