01 April 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- U.S. begins clinical trial evaluating second COVID-19 booster shots in adults People's Daily 01 Apr 2022 -- A Phase 2 clinical trial evaluating various additional COVID-19 booster shots has begun enrolling adult participants in the United States, the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) announced on Thursday.
- U.S. faces funding shortages amid efforts to contain COVID-19 spread People's Daily 01 Apr 2022 -- Funding shortages have posed challenges to the Joe Biden administration in its over-one-year-old battle against COVID-19, while various efforts are being patched up to stem the virus's spread amid a common belief the pandemic might be riding on its ending phase with falling cases and deaths.
- China upholds dynamic-zero COVID strategy following 100,000+ domestically transmitted cases in a month Global Times 01 Apr 2022 -- The Chinese mainland discovered 103,965 local COVID-19 infections in March in 29 provincial-level regions, national health officials revealed on Friday at a press conference, while stressing that China will firmly uphold the dynamic-zero COVID-19 strategy facing the current complex and severe situation, and the country is still able to achieve that goal.
- COVID-hit Shanghai to screen 16 mln people in second phase of closed-off management People's Daily 01 Apr 2022 -- Shanghai will launch a nucleic acid testing campaign in areas west of the Huangpu River starting Friday amid the second phase of the city's closed-off management, an official told a press conference on Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 1,787 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 01 Apr 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 1,787 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said on Friday.
- Over 88 pct Chinese fully vaccinated against COVID-19: official People's Daily 01 Apr 2022 -- China has fully vaccinated 88.11 percent of its population against COVID-19 as of Thursday, a Chinese health official said Friday.
- Shanghai starts 2nd phase of closed-off management against COVID-19 People's Daily 01 Apr 2022 -- The second phase of closed-off management in Shanghai has come into force in areas west of the Huangpu River on Friday amid a recent spike in COVID-19 infections, according to local authorities.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 184.31 Cr India PIB 01 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 184.31 Cr (1,84,31,89,377) as per provisional reports till 7 am today. This has been achieved through 2,20,52,965 sessions.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 441 India PIB 01 Apr 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed 184.49 Crore (184,49,84,497) today. More than 16 lakh (16,02,786) Vaccine Doses have been administered till 7 pm today. More than 1.80 Crore (1,80,15,991) vaccine doses have been administered to 12-14 years age group so far. More than 2.33 Crore (2,33,17,456) Precaution Doses for the identified categories of beneficiaries (HCWs, FLWs and Over 60 years) for COVID vaccination have been administered so far. The daily vaccination tally is expected to increase with the compilation of the final reports for the day by late tonight.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 01 Apr 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country. The nationwide COVID 19 vaccination started on 16th January 2021. The new phase of universalization of COVID-19 vaccination commenced from 21st June 2021. The vaccination drive has been ramped up through availability of more vaccines, advance visibility of vaccine availability to States and UTs for enabling better planning by them, and streamlining the vaccine supply chain.
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 01 Apr 2022
- Coronavirus death toll drops to 36 in Iran IRNA 01 Apr 2022 -- The coronavirus death toll in Iran has reduced to 36 during the past 24 hours, the office of public relations of the Ministry of Health and Medical Education reported on Friday.
- Taiwan reports 236 COVID-19 cases, including 104 domestic CNA 01 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan reported 236 new COVID-19 cases on Friday -- 104 domestically transmitted and 132 that originated abroad -- and no new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
- Taiwan still plans to open up gradually, despite case spike: Premier CNA 01 Apr 2022 -- Despite a recent spike in locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, Taiwan still intends to open up the country gradually and focus on balancing disease prevention and economic development, Premier Su Tseng-chang (è˜‡è²žæ˜Œ) said Friday.
- Taiwan sees 104 local COVID-19 cases, 40 in New Taipei CNA 01 Apr 2022 -- Taiwan on Friday recorded 104 locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases, from nine cities and counties across the country with the highest number in New Taipei, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|