13 March 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- Chinese vice premier urges strict measures to stem COVID infection in shortest time People's Daily 13 Mar 2022 -- Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan on Saturday urged regions experiencing severe epidemic outbreaks to clear COVID-19 cases among the general public in the shortest time possible.
- China Focus: China takes strict, swift measures to stem new COVID-19 infections People's Daily 13 Mar 2022 -- China is taking strict and swift measures to stem new COVID-19 infections that have emerged in multiple regions recently.
- Over 4.18 mln more COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 13 Mar 2022 -- The amount of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on the Chinese mainland grew by over 4.18 million on Saturday, with the total number reaching nearly 3.19 billion, data from the National Health Commission showed Sunday.
- Millions locked down as China wrestles worst virus outbreak in two years Press TV 13 Mar 2022 -- China has placed millions of people under lockdown to stem a surge in coronavirus infections, following a two-fold rise in the number of cases nationwide to nearly 3,400.
- China fights severest COVID-19 outbreaks with swift responses Global Times 13 Mar 2022 -- As China faces its severest domestic COVID-19 outbreaks in two years with a record 1,807 new cases reported on Sunday, the country has launched a swift response to contain the virus spread, including allowing rapid antigen tests for public use and sacking senior officials for their slack response to the ongoing health crisis.
- Beijing to expand COVID-19 testing as it stands 'at a critical stage of epidemic control' Global Times 13 Mar 2022 -- Beijing's health authorities said on Sunday that they will further expand nucleic acid testing as the capital currently stands "at a critical stage of epidemic control."
- Shenzhen ports strengthen closed-loop management of cross-border shipping with Hong Kong Global Times 13 Mar 2022 -- After communication with the relevant authorities of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), the ports in Shenzhen will implement closed-loop management measures for cross-border shipping with Hong Kong to better protect the transportation of food supplies and epidemic prevention material for the HKSAR, and strengthen prevention and control procedures against the fierce outbreak of COVID-19 across the country, the Office of Port of Entry and Exit of the Shenzhen Municipal People's Government said on Sunday.
- Shenzhen to close communities, suspend transportation, launch city-wide testing amid COVID-19 surge Global Times 13 Mar 2022 -- Authorities of Shenzhen, South China's Guangdong Province, on Sunday decided to put all residential communities under closed management, close stores and business, suspend transportation and launch three rounds of city-wide testing, starting from Monday, as the local COVID-19 epidemic situation continues to worsen.
- COVID-19 spreads among couriers in E.China, officials warn of risk of spillovers Global Times 13 Mar 2022 -- Officials in Hangzhou, East China's Zhejiang Province, on Sunday warned of more COVID-19 cases and potential spillovers related to a local cluster of infections at a logistics park in the city that has seen nearly 50 cases and related infections in three other areas.
- At least 26 officials dismissed for poor performance in dealing with COVID-19 Global Times 13 Mar 2022 -- At least 26 government officials have recently been dismissed for poor performance in handling the epidemic in cities in South China's Guangdong and Northeast China's Jilin as well as East China's Shandong provinces where COVID-19 broke out.
- Pharmacies prepare stocks as virus antigen detection products cleared for sale Global Times 13 Mar 2022 -- A number of pharmacies across China have begun to stock their shelves with COVID-19 antigen detection products, which give faster testing results than nucleic acid testing, right after the state's drug authorities cleared such products for the domestic market on Friday and as a new wave of cases hit China.
- 6 Guangdong officials sacked for management loopholes in COVID-19 prevention that caused cluster infections Global Times 13 Mar 2022 -- A total of six officials from Dongguan, South China's Guangdong Province were removed from their positions on Sunday for the defects and loopholes in daily epidemic prevention tasks at key venues in the city, especially their poor performance of duties which caused cluster infections of COVID-19 in Dalang township in late February.
- '1412 + 744' NE China's Jilin records sharp rise of infections Global Times 13 Mar 2022 -- Northeast China's Jilin Province registered more than 2,000 COVID-19 infections in a day, with 1,412 confirmed cases and 744 silent carriers. The defective emergency response in some regions accounted for the sharp rise of infections, the provincial government said on Sunday.
- Shanghai tightens control over latest flare-up of COVID-19 in the city Global Times 13 Mar 2022 -- Shanghai moved to tighten control over the latest COVID-19 flare-up on Sunday by telling residents not to leave the city if it's not necessary and suspending long-distance coach transportation services after local infections were reported in communities and on a university campus in the city.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 180.13 Cr India PIB 13 Mar 2022 -- With the administration of more than 20.31 lakh Doses (20,31,275) vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 180.13 Cr (1,80,13,23,547) as per provisional reports till 7 am today.
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 13 Mar 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 13 Mar 202
- COVID-19 kills 118 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 13 Mar 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 138,949 with 118 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Sunday.
- Taiwan records 63 new COVID-19 cases, including 5 domestic CNA 13 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan reported 63 new COVID-19 cases -- five domestically transmitted and 58 that originated abroad -- and no new deaths from the disease on Sunday, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|