12 March 2022 Security News
Other Security News
COVID-19 Pandemic News
Other Security News
- Biden Administration Clears Five Guantanamo Bay Detainees for Transfer Sputnik 12 Mar 2022 -- The US government has granted the transfer of five detainees from the military base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The facility turned 20 years old on Tuesday, and still houses 39 detainees, with 21 yet to be cleared for transfer.
- The first session of the UN Ad Hoc Committee on drafting a comprehensive convention on countering cybercrime Russia Ministry of Foreign Affairs 12 Mar 2022
COVID-19 Pandemic News
- U.S. sees COVID-19 situation easing as WHO cautions against end of restrictions People's Daily 12 Mar 2022 -- Just 2 percent of the United States population, about 7 million people, lives in a county where the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) still recommends universal indoor masking, according to the CDC's COVID-19 data on Thursday.
- China's vice premier urges local govts maintain zero-case policy, clear new cases asap Global Times 12 Mar 2022 -- Chinese Vice Premier Sun Chunlan on Saturday urged regions experiencing severe epidemic outbreaks to maintain the country's dynamic zero-case policy to clear COVID-19 cases among the general public in the shortest time possible.
- HK epidemic situation potentially stabilizing, but it's early to say it has passed peak: Lam Global Times 12 Mar 2022 -- The spread of COVID-19 in Hong Kong has stabilized, but a turning point might have not been reached yet, according to Carrie Lam, chief executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. The city reported around 27,647 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday.
- Mayor removed from position amid rapid COVID-19 increase in Jilin, Northeast China Global Times 12 Mar 2022 -- The mayor of Jilin City, in Northeast China's Jilin Province, has been removed from his position as COVID-19 cases in the city continued to soar.
- Public-use antigen testing could help fight against COVID-19, does not mean an end to zero policy: expert Global Times 12 Mar 2022 -- China's National Medical Products Administration on Saturday approved five COVID-19 antigen self-testing products for sale, which will be used as a supplement to the standard nucleic acid testing to help fight the spread of the virus. Experts said it was part of the nation's adjustment of epidemic prevention measures amid the recent spread of the Omicron variant, and could help shore up the nation's prevention capacity against possible larger scales of imported cases when the international community further reduces restrictions and when China gradually opens up in the future.
- Chinese mainland reports 476 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Mar 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 476 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- Shanghai moves classes online as more COVID-19 cases emerge People's Daily 12 Mar 2022 -- All primary and secondary schools in Shanghai will switch to online classes from Saturday in response to the city's current COVID-19 situation, the municipal education commission said Friday.
- Tianjin reports 37 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Mar 2022 -- North China's Tianjin Municipality reported 37 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and six asymptomatic carriers on Friday, said local authorities on Saturday.
- China's Hebei adds 22 new local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 12 Mar 2022 -- North China's Hebei Province reported 22 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases on Friday, authorities said Saturday.
- India's Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 179.91 Cr India PIB 12 Mar 2022 -- With the administration of more than 18.18lakh Doses (18,18,511) vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 179.91Cr (1,79,91,57,486) as per provisional reports till 7 am today.
- COVID - 19 Vaccination Update - Day 421 India PIB 12 Mar 2022 -- India's COVID-19 vaccination coverage has crossed180 Crore landmark milestone(1,80,10,69,235) today
- Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Availability in States/UTs India PIB 12 Mar 2022 -- The Union Government is committed to accelerating the pace and expanding the scope of COVID-19 vaccination throughout the country
- COVID-19 UPDATE India PIB 12 Mar 2022
- COVID-19 kills 120 more Iranians over past 24 hours IRNA 12 Mar 2022 -- The number of deaths from the coronavirus pandemic in Iran increased to 138,831 with 120 more Iranians killed by the deadly disease over the past 24 hours, Iran's Health Ministry announced on Saturday.
- Taiwan records 62 new COVID-19 cases, including 1 domestic CNA 12 Mar 2022 -- Taiwan on Saturday reported 62 new COVID-19 cases -- one domestically transmitted and 61 that originated abroad -- and no new deaths from the disease, according to the Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC).
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|